$7 Truffles are back on Aldi shelves!

When you hear fine dining, we bet you think of foods like lobster, caviar and truffles. Famously referred to as the ‘diamonds’ of the kitchen, truffles are the little nuggets of fungi that are often considered the highlight of any fancy dinner menu.

However, as many fine food aficionados know, truffles typically cost thousands of dollars per kilo. So it may come as a surprise to learn that one supermarket is selling them for less than the price of a bottle of wine.

Turns out, Aldi is bringing back into the shelves their Deli Originals Italian Truffles, which is available for you to buy for only $6.99.

They are only available for a limited time so we suggest running to the nearest store now!

N03JL-mtVAzGhtvgSJoFwAvRye1SK8Fn7B8y47plGpFLqEUlWJ59lLU2jWB4XicBZeQOQoBAiq7v-FUG8EgintTsLK5Mb0JW_hgCrw9YpXKgH68N5ucz87Q9NnSZeje3y1Xasr24

Aldi is bringing back their luxury truffles. Credit: TikTok/@adrianwidjy.

Adrian Widjonarko, a food blogger based in Sydney, shared the amazing news on his TikTok page, saying “Run to Aldi people! It is now available again!”

Then he proceeded to show the jars of truffles on the shelves.

“This truffle is super affordable for $6.99, perfect for a taste test,” he wrote on the video, which has now been viewed over 60K times.

According to the food blogger, truffles are very difficult to grow and find, not to mention they’re pretty expensive too. “It can cost over $2000 per kilo,” he said, adding that he can’t believe Aldi is offering some for an unbelievable price of $6.99.

“It’s gonna sell out!” wrote one person in the comments.

Due to the remarkably marked down price, one shopper even questioned whether the truffles are original or only ‘truffle-flavoured’ to which Adrian replied by saying they’re “real truffle 100%”.

For those who are not familiar with truffles, they are a type of mushroom that grows on tree roots. They have a musky, pungent aroma and a slightly garlicky flavour that chefs love to use to turn any classic dish into a fine gourmet experience.

Adrian said he liked to pair truffles with “creamy, buttery or oily dishes” like pasta. “I love them on anything really, even on top of fries or chips with shaved parmesan, they are very delicious,” he added.

However, he also noted that Aldi’s truffles were ‘not as intense’ in flavour as those with a hefty price tag. But still, they taste great and would be a great place for those who haven't tried truffles before to start!

Want to try the ‘truffle pasta’ Adrian was talking about? You might want to check this video.

Credit: Gennaro Contaldo

Sponsored
Are truffles an acquired taste? I've never had them on their own, only as additions to things like olive oil, french fries, etc... But I'm not sure I actually enjoy the taste!

Reactions: Ricci
I received this post regarding truffles because the seniors club inferred that a discount was available to seniors club members. But it is not, these goods are available to the general public at the same rate. So the reference is nothing more than an advertising gimic. I was unaware that the seniors club were receiving advertising revenue and disguising them as a discount to seniors club members. Shame !

Reactions: Sandi_g
Wow! I'll definitely pop down today!
Please try one first I previously bought a few and very disappointed that they had no favour and scent of truffle unlike the Australian fresh product (more expensive but you used very little) I bought from a fruit shop.

Reactions: Ricci
@frostb - just to clarify, we weren't paid by Aldi (or anyone else) for this article! As an aside, we're trying to be 100% transparent about how we make money, so anything linking to a product or service that we have a commercial relationship with will have an asterisk (*) next to it.

I'm not really sure how you inferred that a discount was available to members only. Our newsletter headline was simply 'Aldi are up to their classic discount shenanigans again, selling their version of an expensive item for only $7…'

Many of the deals we link to are available to everyone, regardless of age. If we think something is a bargain, we'll write about it :)

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

$7 Truffles are back on Aldi shelves!

When you hear fine dining, we bet you think of foods like lobster, caviar and truffles. Famously referred to as the ‘diamonds’ of the kitchen, truffles are the little nuggets of fungi that are often considered the highlight of any fancy dinner menu.

However, as many fine food aficionados know, truffles typically cost thousands of dollars per kilo. So it may come as a surprise to learn that one supermarket is selling them for less than the price of a bottle of wine.

Turns out, Aldi is bringing back into the shelves their Deli Originals Italian Truffles, which is available for you to buy for only $6.99.

They are only available for a limited time so we suggest running to the nearest store now!

N03JL-mtVAzGhtvgSJoFwAvRye1SK8Fn7B8y47plGpFLqEUlWJ59lLU2jWB4XicBZeQOQoBAiq7v-FUG8EgintTsLK5Mb0JW_hgCrw9YpXKgH68N5ucz87Q9NnSZeje3y1Xasr24

Aldi is bringing back their luxury truffles. Credit: TikTok/@adrianwidjy.

Adrian Widjonarko, a food blogger based in Sydney, shared the amazing news on his TikTok page, saying “Run to Aldi people! It is now available again!”

Then he proceeded to show the jars of truffles on the shelves.

“This truffle is super affordable for $6.99, perfect for a taste test,” he wrote on the video, which has now been viewed over 60K times.

According to the food blogger, truffles are very difficult to grow and find, not to mention they’re pretty expensive too. “It can cost over $2000 per kilo,” he said, adding that he can’t believe Aldi is offering some for an unbelievable price of $6.99.

“It’s gonna sell out!” wrote one person in the comments.

Due to the remarkably marked down price, one shopper even questioned whether the truffles are original or only ‘truffle-flavoured’ to which Adrian replied by saying they’re “real truffle 100%”.

For those who are not familiar with truffles, they are a type of mushroom that grows on tree roots. They have a musky, pungent aroma and a slightly garlicky flavour that chefs love to use to turn any classic dish into a fine gourmet experience.

Adrian said he liked to pair truffles with “creamy, buttery or oily dishes” like pasta. “I love them on anything really, even on top of fries or chips with shaved parmesan, they are very delicious,” he added.

However, he also noted that Aldi’s truffles were ‘not as intense’ in flavour as those with a hefty price tag. But still, they taste great and would be a great place for those who haven't tried truffles before to start!

Want to try the ‘truffle pasta’ Adrian was talking about? You might want to check this video.

Credit: Gennaro Contaldo

I received this post regarding truffles because the seniors club inferred that a discount was available to seniors club members. But it is not, these goods are available to the general public at the same rate. So the reference is nothing more than an advertising gimic. I was unaware that the seniors club were receiving advertising revenue and disguising them as a discount to seniors club members. Shame !
I didn't see the inference. I see a daily newsletter with interesting information that I can choose to read or not read.

@frostb - just to clarify, we weren't paid by Aldi (or anyone else) for this article! As an aside, we're trying to be 100% transparent about how we make money, so anything linking to a product or service that we have a commercial relationship with will have an asterisk (*) next to it.

I'm not really sure how you inferred that a discount was available to members only. Our newsletter headline was simply 'Aldi are up to their classic discount shenanigans again, selling their version of an expensive item for only $7…'

Many of the deals we link to are available to everyone, regardless of age. If we think something is a bargain, we'll write about it :)

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
I didn't see the inference. I see a daily newsletter with interesting information that I can choose to read or not read.
A very unfair comment from complainant. She needs to get a life.

Reactions: Shibboleth