50 years after Freddo Frog, Cadbury reveals an exciting new character: the Caramilk Wallaby

One of the things we love the most about being Australian is the close connections we have with unique wildlife, fantastic weather, and of course, our sporting culture. The cherry on top of this wonderful Australian life? Our local confectionery treats have a penchant for incorporating all those elements, and Cadbury is no exception!

After delighting our taste buds for half a century with the much-loved Freddo Frog, Cadbury Australia has revealed an exciting new change, introducing a brand-new character: the Caramilk Wallaby. This latest addition to Cadbury's line of chocolates celebrates Australia's love of sport, paying homage to our iconic Wallabies and Wallaroos rugby teams, as well as our adorable national wildlife.

1684471486400.png
Introducing the all-new Cadbury Chocolate Wallaby, a delightful creation that is sure to capture the hearts of chocolate enthusiasts everywhere. Source: Cadbury

Made from Cadbury's tantalising Caramilk caramelised white chocolate, the new 12g Wallaby chocolate will be available in a share pack of twelve. Exclusive to Australia and sold at all leading retailers, this appetising treat is bound to be a hit among sporting enthusiasts and chocolate connoisseurs alike.

Paul Chatfield, Vice President Marketing ANZ, Mondelez International, expressed his enthusiasm for the Caramilk Wallaby, stating, 'We are so excited to be introducing a new Cadbury character to Australians. The Wallaby is such an intrinsic Australian character with deeply ingrained roots in sport, and nothing reflects Aussies' love for sport more than our prized Wallabies and Wallaroos rugby teams. No matter whether a sporting or Caramilk fan, this new character is for all Australians to enjoy and celebrate.'

1684471486600.png
Cadbury Australia has brought joy to its fans by introducing a fresh assortment of chocolate bars, and captivating taste buds everywhere. Source: snackreviews_aus/TikTok

In addition to the Caramilk Wallaby, Cadbury has recently unveiled an array of delightful new chocolate blocks, each inspired by our nation's iconic bakery slices. Dairy Milk Crackles, Caramilk Hedgehog, and Old Gold Mint Crème have hit the shelves of Coles and Woolworths, selling at $5.50 per block.

Melbourne snack reviewer Emily has already had the chance to taste these delicious creations, sharing her thoughts on the Caramilk Hedgehog: 'This chocolate block has a Caramilk base and has almonds, toasted coconut and rice crisps inside. I absolutely love the taste of this, and it's definitely up there with some of my current favourites.'

Cadbury has managed to capture the nostalgia many Aussies feel towards chocolate crackles, hedgehog, and mint crème slices. And who better to partner with in launching this range than sporting legend Ian Thorpe? Reflecting on the significance of these treats, Thorpe said, 'While my youth was made up of cold mornings and late afternoons in the pool, there was always the next birthday party or family gathering I could look forward to and all the treats that came with that. Slices are so universally recognised here in Australia, and there is nothing quite like a slice from an Aussie bakery.' You can read more about this story here.

The History of Cadbury in Australia​

Cadbury has been an iconic part of Australian culture for many decades. The confectionery brand first started in England in 1824, brought to the Great Southern Land in 1923 by a British-born Melbourne entrepreneur, Alfred Thompson. While the original confectionery factory has since closed, it laid the foundations for Cadbury to continue providing Aussies with delicious chocolate treats for generations to come.

Since then, Cadbury has held a special place in the hearts of Aussie chocoholics everywhere. Iconic products launched over the years have become staples of our national diet, from the original Freddo Frog and Dairy Milk blocks to more recent treats such as Caramilk, Boost bars and the recently released Crackle slices. Much more than just sweet snacks, the range of Cadbury products have played a major role in special moments shared between family and friends over the years.

This long history of providing Australians with delicious confectionery delights has been encapsulated in the launch of the Caramilk Wallaby, which not only introduces a new character to the Cadbury range but also pays homage to Australia’s love of sport. This latest release is just the latest in a long, proud history of tradition and innovation that has accompanied the Cadbury name for decades.

Key Takeaways
  • Cadbury Australia announced the launch of a new character, the Caramilk Wallaby, 50 years after the iconic Freddo Frog.
  • The Caramilk Wallaby is made of Cadbury’s Caramilk caramelised white chocolate and will be available exclusively in Australia.
  • Cadbury also recently launched new chocolate block flavours inspired by Australia's iconic bakery slices, including Dairy Milk Crackles, Caramilk Hedgehog, and Old Gold Mint Crème.
  • Australian sporting icon Ian Thorpe partnered with Cadbury for the launch of the new slices range.
Here at Seniors Discount Club, we encourage our readers to treat themselves to these delicious new Cadbury creations. The Caramilk Wallaby and other new chocolate blocks aren't just delightful confectionery treats — they're also a wonderful way to celebrate our unique Australian heritage. Will you be trying it?

Sponsored
Let me see if I've got this right ...... to support our sporting greats in Australia we have to gobble lots of choccies. I enjoy a yummy nibble every now and then but I support my fav sporting teams/individual's with a big cheer which spurs our teams on more than chocolate smeared faces. I'm not the fun police being negative just trying to be sensible 🙃 🙄 🙂

Reactions: Anoush and Ricci
Me neither the only Cadburys I buy are the share packs of Twirls. I buy them for ME only because I usually only buy Choceur dark mint chocolate from Aldi at $3. 49 a block is a lot cheaper than the new one in old gold that Cadbury is releasing & because it is a European chocolate much nicer without that horrible aftertaste that Cadburys have.

Reactions: Granny*Deb
Omg all these temptations !! I'm on a diet and going good then I read CHOCOLATE. I'm a chocoholic and I'm now drooling 🤤.

Maybe I will have a cheat day next week and try one

Chocolate is to me the same as donuts are to Homer .now I also want donuts 🤩
Psssst, if your gonna go off the rails for 1 day try Coles licorise dipped in Dark Chocolate, I'd sell my first born child for a packet of those.

And in order to introduce all these new products, they've deleted MY favourite Peppermint Freddo.
I don't like Caramilk, it's far too sweet for my taste.

Reactions: Granny*Deb
Omg all these temptations !! I'm on a diet and going good then I read CHOCOLATE. I'm a chocoholic and I'm now drooling 🤤.

Maybe I will have a cheat day next week and try one

Chocolate is to me the same as donuts are to Homer .now I also want donuts 🤩
Don't feel guilty. Be a devil & reward yourself for the hard work. Mark was photographed with a packet of Maltesers after losing 80kg.