SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
2024 Easter Updates

Hey members! Time for a catch-up! ;)

How was your Easter long weekend? Did you do anything interesting? I would love to hear all about it! Whether you explored new places or relaxed at home, share your Easter stories in the comments below. :)

On Easter Saturday the Busselton POOPS group (Pets of older persons) held a fund raising event at the Bohemia Brew Café in Vasse WA. I dressed up as the Easter Bunny and we had a lot of people with children and dogs coming to have their photo taken by Maree French who is Salty Paws Photography. The money we made will go towards paying for pet Vet bills at the Heritage Vets in Busselton where we get a generous discount. We have also just received $5000 from Rio Tinto who support POOPS and also $8,500 from the City of Busselton 'You Choose' funding scheme and all this money will go towards paying vet bills and also buying bright red shirts with the POOPS information on them. Unfortunately my photos are too big to send.

Jarrod good afternoon,
Easter Sunday I went to Ross street Ashmore MacDonald's. The time 6.30 pm.

Ordered on the new digital ordering system pay at counter option. To the counter I proceed to finalise payment and advised we don't do seniors only small coffee. No arguments thought I just won't come back here.

I get my big mac and fillet fish burger with cheese. Opened up big Mac looked more like cheese burger size. The meat patties was wafer thin and just didn't do it for me after two bites. The cheese all though looked like cheese coloured rice paper. And two slices made one. only Rewrapped it and left it.

Opened up the fish fillet and to my surprise only 1/2 a slice of cheese on it. Took both back to the counter and the young man informed me it would cost another 45 cents each for more cheese
I thought I would pay it and the arrived two slices both only 1/2 slices . ninety cents and I got 2 x 1/2 slices of cheese. Thr young gentleman informed me that is how it has always been done.
I politely informed him I had lived 6.5 decades and never ever seen this until tonight when I walked in to this store. I was the first customer when McDonald's first opened in Geelong back in 1900 lol.
Asked for my money back and begrudgingly so it was.

Never going to Ross Street Maccas again. Do other readers notice this happening. Love to hear.
Kind Regards
Peter McLean

On Easter Saturday the Busselton POOPS group (Pets of older persons) held a fund raising event at the Bohemia Brew Café in Vasse WA. I dressed up as the Easter Bunny and we had a lot of people with children and dogs coming to have their photo taken by Maree French who is Salty Paws Photography. The money we made will go towards paying for pet Vet bills at the Heritage Vets in Busselton where we get a generous discount. We have also just received $5000 from Rio Tinto who support POOPS and also $8,500 from the City of Busselton 'You Choose' funding scheme and all this money will go towards paying vet bills and also buying bright red shirts with the POOPS information on them. Unfortunately my photos are too big to send.
Tricia has very kindly reduced the byte size and now published the photos for me.

Jarrod good afternoon,

Ordered on the new digital ordering system pay at counter option. To the counter I proceed to finalise payment and advised we don't do seniors only small coffee. No arguments thought I just won't come back here.

I get my big mac and fillet fish burger with cheese. Opened up big Mac looked more like cheese burger size. The meat patties was wafer thin and just didn't do it for me after two bites. The cheese all though looked like cheese coloured rice paper. And two slices made one. only Rewrapped it and left it.

Opened up the fish fillet and to my surprise only 1/2 a slice of cheese on it. Took both back to the counter and the young man informed me it would cost another 45 cents each for more cheese
I thought I would pay it and the arrived two slices both only 1/2 slices . ninety cents and I got 2 x 1/2 slices of cheese. Thr young gentleman informed me that is how it has always been done.
I politely informed him I had lived 6.5 decades and never ever seen this until tonight when I walked in to this store. I was the first customer when McDonald's first opened in Geelong back in 1900 lol.

Never going to Ross Street Maccas again. Do other readers notice this happening. Love to hear.
Kind Regards
Peter McLean
Don't worry too much, Macca's food is just rubbish anyway.
They show these big stacked high hamburgers in their add and when you get them they are as flat as a pancake.
Hungry Jack's are no better.
I never buy Fast food. If I want a take away I buy Chinese.

Jarrod good afternoon,

Kind Regards
Peter McLean
Maccas meals have got so small and tasteless, I'm surprised anyone buys that horrible junk food.

Jarrod good afternoon,

Kind Regards
Peter McLean
Jarrod good afternoon,
there,s 3 different big mac sizes

Kind Regards
Peter McLean

Got a burger at Hungry Jacks. It was cold - needed a magnifying glass to find pickle - very little on it for nearly $5.oo Would have taken it back but was on a bus with other people and would have held them all up timewise so ate the rubbish and left!

Jarrod good afternoon,

Kind Regards
Peter McLean
i went to KFC IN MY LOCAL AREA and ordered the 10 value pack of wicked wings which was 10 wings a bottle of drink and chips=$13.95
I also added one coleslaw and one potato with gravy which cost me an extra$18
they were small tubs so as i do not buy fast food very often and that is why
$9 for a small coleslaw and $9 for a small potarto with gravy
WHEN i got home i tried the chicken and it was overcooked andnot wicked
WHAT A RIP OFF
ARE THE SERVERS taught to do this

Reactions: maherdj
Maccas meals have got so small and tasteless, I'm surprised anyone buys that horrible junk food.
The only thing I ever buy at our local Macca's in Grafton is Coffee which is extremely good. But maybe it is the person who makes it who knows how to make good coffee.

Reactions: Fjk