“Your version looks so much better!": Aussie fitness trainer shares a cheaper, healthier recipe to KFC’s Zinger burger using cheap buys from Aldi

“Your version looks so much better!": Aussie fitness trainer shares a cheaper, healthier recipe to KFC’s Zinger burger using cheap buys from Aldi
Do you sometimes crave a bite of chicken burger from your favourite fast-food chain but your dietary requirements hinder you from spoiling yourself?

You might want to check out this 'junk food hack' by Aussie fitness trainer Bec Hardgrave who just recently shared a cheaper, healthier recipe of KFC's Zinger burger.

Credit: TikTok/@bechardgrave

The 25-year-old fitness trainer from Brisbane has amassed a huge following on TikTok for her low-calorie options of junk food favourites from popular fast-food chains such as Macca's, KFC, and Starbucks.

In a recent video she posted on TikTok, the fitness trainer shared how she gave KFC's newly released 'Zinger Crunch' a healthy twist.

The original Zinger Crunch features the signature chicken fillet along with pickled slaw, cheese, jalapeño mayo and topped with crunchy corn chips.

Meanwhile, Bec's version only uses affordable items from Aldi which includes brioche buns, hot and spicy chicken tenders, and fresh slaw. For the 'crunchy' texture, Bec revealed that she used Doritos.

6QDvhpRKFuHIJ9HxgOqkrUCInicajn8UR7wf3xcg1BA2pm4B-Uivno8yz7tGz3tUPCn8sCYpsju9ZrzjK4ASkSIlHw0c4_kdpoHuF70LRvy0pERqFdd9CQd_jyxVmcEi3MqaPuo
TW26XTjL8kWthh-9FrD0S2-fa1YiGfZMDpARVJrD1Z_SQMtT_7Y2NLsO-3_rsFUQLvRWtGp7hppN_OSWNYQtZnWjpoU92IpY4qvUwwQZqWjCB2z0VEGrov87fwBHuUzyAXIVBnQ

Bec said that she used budget-friendly buys from Aldi to make this ‘better-for-you chicken burger. TikTok/@bechardgrave

The clip showed that the trainer cooked the tenders in an air fryer while toasting the buns on an oil-free frying pan.

Bec said in her video: “I used light mayo and Sriracha to make my ‘Zinger’ sauce.”

“I added my slaw and a slice of cheese and some Doritos for that extra crunch."

“Altogether it was 456 calories. You guys definitely have to try this one out, it’s delicious.”

Sticking to the 'low-calorie promise, Bec only used three Dorito chips, one slice of cheese, and 15g of sauce in the burger.

She stacked all the ingredients onto two chicken pieces to ensure the burger was high in protein.

She also ditched the traditional slaw for fresh slaw which adds to the nutrition value of the burger.

The hack made rounds on social media, with many calling the alternative recipe 'amazing'.

One Instagram user wrote: “Yum ur version looks so much better."

“Looks so good,” another agreed.

A third wrote: “My bf is not gonna be happy if I remake this.”

wE5L_kGgNi4BMi4Pbnw9gWzBwR1wu5fm3HsWgMduXt7KTydEbgKyWVp56ZRHXCfeBgzAKS6ZnXrxRStj2mnC3D7uVHNHkdmr_b6lMJbpnxA0N__eBEiXR_4B_N1Iw_U1AulLka8

The fitness trainer said that she loves helping people stay on track with their fitness journey by giving them healthy food options. TikTok/@bechardgrave

The fitness trainer told news.com.au that she enjoys helping people stay on track with their fitness journey by not only offering her training services but also by providing them with food options for nutrition.

“I think it’s ridiculous that people think they can’t have a slice of birthday cake because they’re on a restrictive diet. You should be able to enjoy your life and still have goals,” Bec said.

“I find there is a lot of misinformation in the fitness and health industry and it is very over complicated. I want to show people that they don’t have to eat super bland and boring food to lose weight."

“I also really enjoy helping people and if they are able to get a little closer to their weight loss goals by choosing yummy snacks that I discover, I think that is really cool.”

Do you know other hacks to make fast food snacks healthier? Share it with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Sponsored
That looks yum... But the secret is in the sauce. I wonder how hers tastes