“Stillborn” baby was discovered alive by a mortician — “I was outraged!”

*Please note: The following article contains a sensitive topic and may be triggering for some readers.

An 18-year-old woman from Brazil has given birth to a baby that was declared stillborn. However, just as the funeral director prepared the infant for his burial, he discovered that the baby was still alive.

It was reported that the unnamed woman went to the hospital for a checkup over her complaints of pains and bleeding.

The woman, who was not even aware that she was pregnant at the time, was sent back home by the doctors.

Hours after returning home, the woman gave birth to a child — who she took back to the hospital — before he was declared stillborn.

t1iZGJqIneNobChLHKXYS2A76iRd20Hnk55hf4edpFOnbnnvNedRLJwtfSMJEd3-9AJd_HEGZRGuUC2asXDrkWgR1GzOUepkj3YunMmM9p2SiCfC2IDdADlKMm_FxwfhA2RNgtc

A baby was declared stillborn after his unaware 18-year-old mother, who was sent back home from the hospital, gave birth to him. Credit: Getty Images.

The following morning, a funeral director fetched the infant from the hospital to prepare his body for burial.

However, the funeral director heard a small sigh from the body, prompting him to inspect the baby. He then discovered that the baby has a heartbeat.

The infant was rushed back to the hospital and was placed into a neonatal intensive care unit.

In an interview between local news outlet G1 and the newborn's grandmother, she revealed that the infant is responding well to treatment.

“Yesterday he was moving a lot. He moved his legs and arms a lot and his heart rate is great,” she said.

The grandmother also revealed that she was left furious by how the hospital handled the case of her young grandson.

“I was outraged because I didn’t see that effort of ‘let’s try to save this child’s life anyway’,” she said.

The names of the funeral director and the doctor who declared the infant stillborn have not yet been disclosed.

Sponsored
Incredible!
Young lady poorly treated, gives birth at home not even being aware she is pregnant, suffers shock by this, and possibly grief for the loss of her baby, then discovers the baby is alive.
What a rollercoaster of emotions for the whole family.
Sounds as if Grandma is supporting her.
Little tacker sounds like a survivor with a strong will to live.....have a good life, little boy.

*Please note: The following article contains a sensitive topic and may be triggering for some readers.

An 18-year-old woman from Brazil has given birth to a baby that was declared stillborn. However, just as the funeral director prepared the infant for his burial, he discovered that the baby was still alive.

It was reported that the unnamed woman went to the hospital for a checkup over her complaints of pains and bleeding.

The woman, who was not even aware that she was pregnant at the time, was sent back home by the doctors.

Hours after returning home, the woman gave birth to a child — who she took back to the hospital — before he was declared stillborn.

t1iZGJqIneNobChLHKXYS2A76iRd20Hnk55hf4edpFOnbnnvNedRLJwtfSMJEd3-9AJd_HEGZRGuUC2asXDrkWgR1GzOUepkj3YunMmM9p2SiCfC2IDdADlKMm_FxwfhA2RNgtc

A baby was declared stillborn after his unaware 18-year-old mother, who was sent back home from the hospital, gave birth to him. Credit: Getty Images.

The following morning, a funeral director fetched the infant from the hospital to prepare his body for burial.

However, the funeral director heard a small sigh from the body, prompting him to inspect the baby. He then discovered that the baby has a heartbeat.

The infant was rushed back to the hospital and was placed into a neonatal intensive care unit.

In an interview between local news outlet G1 and the newborn's grandmother, she revealed that the infant is responding well to treatment.

“Yesterday he was moving a lot. He moved his legs and arms a lot and his heart rate is great,” she said.

The grandmother also revealed that she was left furious by how the hospital handled the case of her young grandson.

“I was outraged because I didn’t see that effort of ‘let’s try to save this child’s life anyway’,” she said.

The names of the funeral director and the doctor who declared the infant stillborn have not yet been disclosed.
Well if you are meant to be you will be!! My mother was born in 1920 28 weeks gestation. Grandma told me, when she gave birth to her baby it was tossed to the end of the bed while the doctors looked after her. Well a nurse, as Grandma told the story, said to the doctor the baby is breathing...the rest is history...thank god for miracles