“She insulted the Royal Family”: Meghan Markle’s father calls for her to be stripped of her royal title

“She insulted the Royal Family”: Meghan Markle’s father calls for her to be stripped of her royal title
The father of Meghan Markle, Thomas Markle Snr, has called for her to be stripped of her royal title following her appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres' Show.

Meghan Markle with her father, Thomas Markle Senior. Picture: <i>Thomas Markle: My Story</i>

Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle Snr, has called on the stripping of his daughter’s royal title after she embarrassed him, his family, and the Royal family with her cringe-worthy skit on the Ellen DeGeneres’ Show. Credit: Thomas Markle: My Story.

The 76-year-old said that his daughter's cringe-worthy skit on the show has left him and his family "embarrassed".

Thomas told The Sun: “She insulted the Queen, the Royal Family and the British people."

“She made a complete fool of herself and should lose her title."

“I love my daughter but her performance was ridiculous.”

The Ellen DeGeneres' Show has its signature gimmick of engaging its guests into an embarrassing skit before starting an interview. The Duchess of Sussex was not exempted from this schtick and was asked to perform a "cringeworthy" act — such as squatting down, eating crisps like a chipmunk, dancing and swigging milk from a baby’s bottle in public — as she followed orders from Ellen.

RbfOogNmUAEMNd0lc-LGzd_2cRxUAbaOWX6mmz4cbLa-aO2OCY1EJTHq-XiJU4F5WSY6w0FU9uoMaCvcY1RinbDp_rWQ43wTG-5wvVdgreMDTGlOHiBz2iYNM8-Pekd3BAkKxjY

Meghan stunned the audience of The Ellen DeGeneres Show by sitting down on a surprise interview with the 66-year old comedienne. Credit: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros/PA Wire.

The estranged royal also shared her struggles when she was an actress, recounting the story of how she had to climb out the window of a car because the door did not work properly to make it in time for an audition.

Thomas was quick to debunk her claim by insisting that she wasn't riding a 'beat-up old car' and she got a lot of help starting in Hollywood.

“She never had to worry about an apartment or spending money.”

Last week, the Duchess stunned the audience of The Ellen DeGeneres Show by sitting down in a surprise interview with the 66-year old comedian.

Meghan talked about personal moments with Prince Harry, her advocacy, and her family life where she even shared a rare photo of her 2-year-old son Archie feeding chickens at their Montecito estate.

Sponsored
I agree, strip both of them of their titles, Megan as she has done nothing except ridicule the royal family. Harry because he is just a woe is me, look how badly I was treated. What a load of BS, he was happy enough until he met Megan, we know who wears the pants in this relationship and who calls the shots, Harry just follows like a lamb to slaughter.

... there are many peasants in the world who were able to 'shoot up' and became 'a lady' or 'a gentlemen' but sadly Megan did not pass the exam. Not everyone who aims at the starts reaches one and Megan missed on many.

Reactions: Vinylted
What a load of cobblers!!! We are all human whether we have a title or not. The Queen, as she is the queen, has many strictures and constraints to follow and she does it extremely well. Her family has a duty to follow that and if change is necessary then they must do it. Prince Harry has a wonderful wife who is down to earth and welcome on the Ellen's show. She shows what it is like to be married into royalty and yet to be part of the world in which she lives and has her being. All I can say is, "Good for you duchess." Sock it to them and tell your father, politely if you must, what to do with his comments. They are totally out of place. Take care, stay safwe and God Bless.

Well, she’s done it again!
Megan Markle certainly was never duchess material!
I’m not against her for the way she is an activist for things she believes & the compassion she shows & any good deeds she does for vulnerable people in society - should be more of it!
BUT!!!!!!!
She is not and never will be duchess, Princess, Lady or anything else like that, material!
There are many young ladies at present in the world, some who are born into it & are taught from the word go, what it is to be in the public eye & a life of duty to their families & their country!
Mostly they carry this off with grace & dignity!
Then there are the ones who are NOT born into the ways of that life & if they fall in love with a prince/princess or someone who is bound by certain rules/protocols, then they learn to shoulder some of that load with their chosen partner!
Don’t we all take on things that we may not be used to for the sake of our partner in life - it’s called compromise!!
Obviously there’s a lot more to that compromise when it affects a whole country!!
Megan should take a leaf out of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark’s book, who, as a fellow Australian, has done us proud for the manner in which she has carried herself while becoming a future queen of the oldest monarchy in the world!!
Then she could imitate the manner in which Kate Middleton has carried herself since becoming part of another ancient monarchy! She has ideals, opinions, & champions global issues like Mary, but has learned , like Mary, to do this within the confines of royal protocol & duty!
These two role models are not just glamorous women who married a “prince of the realm”, & get to swan around in beautiful clothes, live in fabulous “houses”, travel around the world & oh, have an heir & a spare plus a few other
children - they are loving wives, mothers & compassionate young people who just happened to marry into “ancient, historical & magical” families!
They have risen to the occasion & become “royal” in their own right,
making their families & the rest of us ordinary folk very proud of them for representing us with the grace, dignity & duty that they do!!!
If only Megan had decided to do that instead of acting in the disgraceful, undignified & very undutiful way she has!
Harry will always be a damaged person due to losing his mother, but he would have (& still will if he wants) received so much love & protection from his brother & his grandmother (the queen)to help him lead the life of service that he has inherited!
It’s sad to see what has happened to his relationship with his family!
I don’t agree with what they have done & continue to do it seems with regard to both their families, especially to The Queen who won’t be of this world for long!
Now there’s a role model for anyone, a life of service & duty to her subjects, her country & not least, her family!
Get with the program Megan, there’s still time!!!!!!!!!!!!
My opinions only, each to his own!
royalwatc