“Sell the d*mn car!”: Queensland family’s SHOCKING DISCOVERY at their rearview mirror sends the internet into a frenzy

“Sell the d*mn car!”: Queensland family’s SHOCKING DISCOVERY at their rearview mirror sends the internet into a frenzy
It is no secret that checking the rearview mirror before hitting the road is essential for road safety.

However, for one Queensland family, a shocking discovery might make them perform this important safety check for other reasons aside from driving...

A family had been off enjoying a picnic north of Brisbane on Sunday when they decided to leave their car window slightly open to keep the car cool.

However, upon returning to their car, they discovered that a large snake — approximately 1.3 m in length — was wrapped around their car's rearview mirror.

kDEaSwuEbO-dXoVfSNBqEDD1VTvqjyCzY1Gxk4-PxiQ7Ha0aDK87_10oAY3qMZn_6c3VojdEDvSz6QJaqHyTMYnUwa_i0Pg8o6qRLvXf7Ih3I0Pycr7WgcQCl9gURw3evtgiQ0Q

A family discovered a 1.3m wrapped around their car’s view mirror after they left a car window slightly open to cool their vehicle. Credit: Brisbane North Snake Catcher/Facebook.

Brisbane North Snake Catcher Director Josh Castle told 7NEWS that the rearview mirror is an unusual place to find a snake in.

He said: “I’ve never seen it.”

“I have pulled them out of car bonnets and stuff like that, which is more to be expected because they can get into a bonnet from underneath."

“The fact it was actually in the car and soaking in the sun through the window on the mirror is quite weird.”

The snake expert identified the snake as a coastal carpet python.

“We’ve pretty much found them everywhere now. That pretty much ticks every box on where we’ve found them,” Castle said.

BdHfXr-puRWjV3uqQzPwgJ_JmzbiL0YcSFtMgS-z4cZmQcNY4B-BxAkl4keu25LofAUCE598pQo56idgLwWz0LSpseprCEE_l_Bl9u9JwsQF25Ro_rcG6apStBuCa92skQHJyfQ

Brisbane North Snake Catcher Director Josh Castle said that it was an unusual case to find a snake in the rearview area, advising Aussies to check their car bonnets instead. Credit: Brisbane North Snake Catcher/Facebook.

The internet was sent into a frenzy when photos of the car intruder circulated online.

One person wrote: “Objects in the rearview mirror may be closer than they appear.”

“Sell the damn car, it belongs to the snake now,” added another.

Have you ever experienced a bizarre encounter with a wild animal before? Share your story with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Awwww poor python all he/she wanted to do was to be warm, poor creature. My resolution.. open a window turn on aircon to coldest snake would disappear in a flash.. :D

MY SOUL WOULD LEAVE MY BODY IF I SAW THIS IN MY CAR

I was driving around an inner suburb of Sydney when a spider dropped down from the rear vision mirror straight onto my manhood (not the bonnet of the car). I still dont know how I managed to pull over, rip on the hand brake and jump out of the car. Its a memory which will last a life time.

I was driving around an inner suburb of Sydney when a spider dropped down from the rear vision mirror straight onto my manhood (not the bonnet of the car). I still dont know how I managed to pull over, rip on the hand brake and jump out of the car. Its a memory which will last a life time.
That happened to a friend as we left my place late one arvo. Hadn't gotten 2 doors up when this huge hunstman spider started crawling up the inside of the windscreen, so leaving car running and throwing on the hand brake in the middle of the road, we both jumped out squealing like children, then remembered her 4mth old was still in the car. She managed to get her son out of his capsule then rang her hubby and made him come over and find said spider and get rid of it before we got back into the car. We laugh about it now but at the time.......was terrifying when you both have Arachnophobia toward large hairy 8 legged insects.

Hey PepeLePew. Your story is so much better than mine. I love it. Yes we can laugh now ..... The crazy thing is, one of my favourite movies is "Arachnophobia" with Jeff Daniels and John Goodman. My wife hates spiders with a passion and I thought I was doing the right thing by helping her to face her fears (as she had done with me a few years beforehand when she bought me a tandem jump out of a plane at 12,000ft. to help me overcome my fear of heights). I tricked her into watching the movie with me. WRONG MOVE.

I hope you were wearing pants at the time.

Yes I was but it wouldnt have mattered what I was wearing. It still frightened the 'you know what' out of me. Its now 40 years later that I can LMAO.

Hey PepeLePew. Your story is so much better than mine. I love it. Yes we can laugh now ..... The crazy thing is, one of my favourite movies is "Arachnophobia" with Jeff Daniels and John Goodman. My wife hates spiders with a passion and I thought I was doing the right thing by helping her to face her fears (as she had done with me a few years beforehand when she bought me a tandem jump out of a plane at 12,000ft. to help me overcome my fear of heights). I tricked her into watching the movie with me. WRONG MOVE.
Funny thing is that I grew up with huntsman's in the house as my mum kinda treated them as pets, even went to the drive in way back in 1977 to see 'Kingdom of the Spiders'. The problem started after I got home that night and walked in the front door and as I flicked the light on a huge huntsman jumped on my face, can still hear the echo of my screams in my head. Been terrified every since, but only of large spiders. I adore Redback Spiders and even kept them as pets for a few yrs when my children were young.