“Look away!”: Facebook users slam Woolworths shopper after she accused the supermarket of “DEGRADING” Christmas with their “DISGUSTING” product

“Look away!”: Facebook users slam Woolworths shopper after she accused the supermarket of “DEGRADING” Christmas with their “DISGUSTING” product
A Woolworths shopper has faced backlash after she demanded the supermarket to remove an "offensive" Christmas product from its shelves.

The shopper, who shared her sentiments on Facebook, said that Woolworths "degraded" the spirit of Christmas by selling rolls of festive toilet paper as part of its Easy Christmas Gifting guide.

The $3 novelty toilet paper features the words "Merry Christmas" around the roll and is designed with an array of festive patterns.

6FQVaxHAO2KLh1pafUk28tBadaQU8iUh84tMyPGvn0JVjiaw8_IJ7_gqU33AVryg6KnbvhU3bjFAl9XAAMAWOG9W8sIKAgsDTAo7SR83A4rUqqCVC094lwSk9kyVWXD88G-gejE

A shopper accused Woolworths of “degrading” the holiday season by selling the $3 Christmas Novelty Toilet Paper. Credit: Woolworths.

The customer said that she was "disgusted" with the fact that Woolworths would sell such a thing.

“I’m disgusted and offended by the ‘Merry Christmas’ toilet roll that is in your current catalogue,” she wrote.

“I really think this is a very poor (and offensive) inclusion of your novelty items."

“To think, the reason we celebrate this festivity is degraded with this offensive item."

“Please remove these from your shelves and supply.”

eV1v1kCVOWfhHrquB8u2vYex7t4ABduxkdoEgyFkxyBvam3VHyFaJTuW27yULYoLkIr5xS0ADGsXNnoavnVodNghBdLjCzVWb9YBUT_1UNAWleZkygvKkmFj6IwE7NUcTkjgb0Q

The shopper took to Facebook to air her sentiments over the festive toilet paper that Woolworths is selling as part of their Christmas range. Credit: Facebook.

The shopper's post went under scrutiny by other Facebook users, with many pointing out that nothing was inappropriate about the toilet paper.

One user wrote: “Look away if you are offended! People like to gift novelty items geez what a Karen!”

“Too many Karens to poke a stick at these days, hey,” added another.

A third wrote: “After a massive Christmas lunch, I think they come in very handy. I am sorry though that you chose to be offended instead of just walking by.”

One more added: “They are not going to remove it, because one person takes offence. Grow up. It is a novelty gift.”

Others expressed their keenness to get their hands on the Christmas toilet paper.

"I'm buying it!" one person wrote.

It is understood that Woolworths is taking the shopper's toilet paper feedback into consideration.

Reactions: Defiant540
Sponsored
Our world has lost it's sense of humour. If it offends you then don't buy it, but some people would love this. I know a home that can't get enough Christmas cheer. This would add it to the littlest room in the house. It doesn't even need to be used, just as a decorative touch. Take a deep breath and walk on by.

Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus, the Christ. Expect Christians to be offended. If a toilet roll was printed with say, Celebrate Eid, we could expect a HUGE reaction & trips to the Anti Discrimination Board!! Christians have a sense of humour. However, they have become the scapegoats for bullying around the world whereas other religions are NOT mentioned because of the BACKLASH that would ensue!

Oh dear! Someone forgot her sense of humour when she left the house! Never mind - it takes all sorts to make a world and it doesn't hurt to laugh at ourselves. (don't usually buy at Woolworths so didn't know about this Merry Christmas toilet paper - must make a mental note to myself to buy some!)

A Woolworths shopper has faced backlash after she demanded the supermarket to remove an "offensive" Christmas product from its shelves.

The shopper, who shared her sentiments on Facebook, said that Woolworths "degraded" the spirit of Christmas by selling rolls of festive toilet paper as part of its Easy Christmas Gifting guide.

The $3 novelty toilet paper features the words "Merry Christmas" around the roll and is designed with an array of festive patterns.

6FQVaxHAO2KLh1pafUk28tBadaQU8iUh84tMyPGvn0JVjiaw8_IJ7_gqU33AVryg6KnbvhU3bjFAl9XAAMAWOG9W8sIKAgsDTAo7SR83A4rUqqCVC094lwSk9kyVWXD88G-gejE

A shopper accused Woolworths of “degrading” the holiday season by selling the $3 Christmas Novelty Toilet Paper. Credit: Woolworths.

The customer said that she was "disgusted" with the fact that Woolworths would sell such a thing.

“I’m disgusted and offended by the ‘Merry Christmas’ toilet roll that is in your current catalogue,” she wrote.

“I really think this is a very poor (and offensive) inclusion of your novelty items."

“To think, the reason we celebrate this festivity is degraded with this offensive item."

“Please remove these from your shelves and supply.”

eV1v1kCVOWfhHrquB8u2vYex7t4ABduxkdoEgyFkxyBvam3VHyFaJTuW27yULYoLkIr5xS0ADGsXNnoavnVodNghBdLjCzVWb9YBUT_1UNAWleZkygvKkmFj6IwE7NUcTkjgb0Q

The shopper took to Facebook to air her sentiments over the festive toilet paper that Woolworths is selling as part of their Christmas range. Credit: Facebook.

The shopper's post went under scrutiny by other Facebook users, with many pointing out that nothing was inappropriate about the toilet paper.

One user wrote: “Look away if you are offended! People like to gift novelty items geez what a Karen!”

“Too many Karens to poke a stick at these days, hey,” added another.

A third wrote: “After a massive Christmas lunch, I think they come in very handy. I am sorry though that you chose to be offended instead of just walking by.”

One more added: “They are not going to remove it, because one person takes offence. Grow up. It is a novelty gift.”

Others expressed their keenness to get their hands on the Christmas toilet paper.

"I'm buying it!" one person wrote.

It is understood that Woolworths is taking the shopper's toilet paper feedback into consideration.
I am going to buy some What fun!

Don't shop at Woolworths but will make an exception for this product. Off hand will need to get a least half a dozen of them as gifts this Chrissy :)

Reactions: Ricci
Being quite old fashioned.. oops.. I am of the put Christ back into Christmas school. You see see so many instances of Xmas ( which drives me nuts) put that on toilet rolls then everyone is happy. Incidentally, good comment Goodbloke. :p

Reactions: Goodbloke and Ricci
If the shopper is so offended buy the toilet roll and use it for what it is intended for. I must look out for this we give gag gifts every year and this will be my choice.