“Just perfect!”: Woolworths shopper’s $5 NO-BAKE CAKE HACK takes social media by storm

It is no secret that home cooks are already preparing to showcase their cooking skills by creating show-stopping dishes for the upcoming Christmas dinners.

If you're relatively new to cooking or are just looking for a quick and easy dessert that is guaranteed to impress your loved ones, then this one Woolworths shopper's affordable hack is perfect for you!

Walla Abueid took to TikTok to reveal her $5 hack behind her epic no-bake "giant Iced VoVo lamington" cake.

The TikTok user — who has more than 100,000 followers on the social media platform — said that she uses a pack of Woolies' Unfilled Sponge Slab — which features two vanilla cakes and only costs $5 — to make the eye catching, four-layered cake.

Credit: TikTok/@walla_abueid​

The video started with Walla showing the pack of Unfilled Sponge Slab before taking the cakes out of its packaging.

She slices each cake lengthways, cutting them into halves to have four slim layers.

Next, Walla fills a baking dish with chocolate sauce and sprinkles desiccated coconut onto a large platter.

The first cake layer is then dunked in the chocolate sauce until it is completely covered. She then coats the cake layer with coconut flakes before placing it on a serving dish.

The cake layer is then topped with dollops of pink frosting, jam sauce, and fresh raspberries.

The process is repeated with the other three cake layers, placing each one on top of one another.

Finally, for the final layer, she adds more frosting, raspberries, gold leaf, and baby meringues to decorate it.

The end result is a showstopping festive dessert that will surely leave your loved ones impressed.

lMoqOzzqeVBtvSymoRBxHQquLOXyw5se77f3Mkh1rT0zy51WXO2fLufgTSkZddr6XYPYCOD5f1Esi70cO7x0PYIpVBRhHiIstNPcNrb56FBcuIUQ7B4azyM-0YMpqfCeFO2lHac

The decadent cake is perfect for holiday celebrations. Credit: TikTok/@walla_abueid.

TikTok users sang their praises over the gorgeous creation, with many saying that they were excited to make the cake for themselves.

One TikTok user wrote: “Just perfect!”

"Looks amazing,” added another.

A third wrote: “It’s a giant Iced VoVo lamington!”

Have you baked showstopping cakes before? Share the photos with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Well, that's another 2kg gone on, and all I did was look. Looks incredibly sweet, maybe too much for my taste.

Cake, chocolate and raspberries are three of my favourite things, but I couldn’t come at that cake. Two reasons: it’s far too sweet for me, and I’ve been known to make a mess eating a plain rice cracker, so god only knows what I’d do with this! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: KatKop and Ricci
Not for me, but I love it when people think creatively so kudos to Walla Abueid!

Reactions: Ricci
The Woolworths shopper, Walla Abueid, shared her affordable hack on TikTok for making a show-stopping dessert, which is perfect for Christmas dinners. The hack involves using Woolies' Unfilled Sponge Slab, which costs only $5 and features two vanilla cakes. Walla Abueid creates a four-layered cake with the sponge slab, which she calls a "giant Iced VoVo lamington" poke cake. The dessert is a no-bake recipe and is guaranteed to impress your loved ones, making it a perfect option for home cooks who are new to cooking or looking for a quick and easy dessert. Walla Abueid has over 100,000 followers on TikTok.