“I think he learned a lesson”: Nude Gold Coast man stops suspected car thief, delivers his own “naked justice”

A naked Gold Coast man has rushed outside of his home to catch a teenager who was trying to steal his car.

David Rutherford was having a peaceful sleep on Wednesday night when he suddenly heard a noise outside of his home.

Unable to comprehend what was happening, he immediately rushed to the garage where the noise was coming from.

He found a boy — who was approximately 15 years old — rummaging through his car, attempting to steal it, but Mr. Rutherford managed to apprehend the teen.

Considering the shock he was in, Rutherford didn’t have time to clothe himself before running outside.

uXfeXTf5Z-DOqpMlZPjRwJVOjec5IxjTOqLjY4rHdmlAt7ZeBDV4zFTkIjmxRtmFE-pJBqiBbrjluL4SDYG4A8Xsqoyqh9A3quHBbBJwCw8jrvQ90RpgcbVUf8Ljo_IMSm9Fiu0

David Rutherford rushed outside his home naked to catch a suspected car thief in his garage. Credit: 7NEWS.

He told 7NEWS: “I was asleep and I heard someone rummaging through my car.”

“I heard someone start the car and reverse it. He hit the gutter here and then stalled it."

“I went to go in front of the car - I didn’t have any time to put clothes on because I sleep naked - and then he started it and went to go forward but stalled it."

“I got him out of the car.”

Rutherford provided a stern lecture to the teen before letting him go, delivering his own form of 'naked justice'.

He said: “I ended up letting him go. I don’t know what people will think about that. But I wanted to go back to sleep. I was tired.”

“I think he learned a lesson.”

ldFMYsdTuCxk2gxcF_4N7BI6Oe94L23ifE8V4C_2pjd2uyafcuNaVz-6Ccmyhc6_yGShi_lBQPnOAhNRHKr9LtZAQDos2ffWgl30361qNi47vJCGU6bCOI3_4cSyjEa5t9KsLds

The man said that he didn’t have time to clothe himself and he couldn’t bear the thought of losing his car so he rushed outside naked. Credit: 7NEWS.

Residents of Burleigh Waters street said that it was a revealing moment for them to see Rutherford lecturing a teen naked.

Rutherford also revealed that one of his neighbours had his car broken into.

The Gold Coast man went onto say that he could not 'bare' losing his car.

“I like to sleep comfortably. I didn’t have time and I wanted my car back,” he said.

Sponsored
“I think he learned a lesson”: Nude Gold Coast man stops suspected car thief, delivers his own “naked justice”

A naked Gold Coast man has rushed outside of his home to catch a teenager who was trying to steal his car.

David Rutherford was having a peaceful sleep on Wednesday night when he suddenly heard a noise outside of his home.

Unable to comprehend what was happening, he immediately rushed to the garage where the noise was coming from.

He found a boy — who was approximately 15 years old — rummaging through his car, attempting to steal it, but Mr. Rutherford managed to apprehend the teen.

Considering the shock he was in, Rutherford didn’t have time to clothe himself before running outside.

uXfeXTf5Z-DOqpMlZPjRwJVOjec5IxjTOqLjY4rHdmlAt7ZeBDV4zFTkIjmxRtmFE-pJBqiBbrjluL4SDYG4A8Xsqoyqh9A3quHBbBJwCw8jrvQ90RpgcbVUf8Ljo_IMSm9Fiu0

David Rutherford rushed outside his home naked to catch a suspected car thief in his garage. Credit: 7NEWS.

“I heard someone start the car and reverse it. He hit the gutter here and then stalled it."

“I went to go in front of the car - I didn’t have any time to put clothes on because I sleep naked - and then he started it and went to go forward but stalled it."

Rutherford provided a stern lecture to the teen before letting him go, delivering his own form of 'naked justice'.

He said: “I ended up letting him go. I don’t know what people will think about that. But I wanted to go back to sleep. I was tired.”

ldFMYsdTuCxk2gxcF_4N7BI6Oe94L23ifE8V4C_2pjd2uyafcuNaVz-6Ccmyhc6_yGShi_lBQPnOAhNRHKr9LtZAQDos2ffWgl30361qNi47vJCGU6bCOI3_4cSyjEa5t9KsLds

The man said that he didn’t have time to clothe himself and he couldn’t bear the thought of losing his car so he rushed outside naked. Credit: 7NEWS.

Residents of Burleigh Waters street said that it was a revealing moment for them to see Rutherford lecturing a teen naked.

“I like to sleep comfortably. I didn’t have time and I wanted my car back,” he said.
Kid got lucky

Whats hilarious about this is that a lot of people use this as a reason not to sleep naked.. but they don't realise that if you don't mind being naked in public, it doesn't really matter does it??

Reactions: Defiant540

So now the kid walks around the block and steals some one else's car. Yep great justice and lesson learned by the kid who will now steal another car.

Good job I don't live near this guy...I might be tempted to do some rummaging through his car myself ;) PHWOARRR!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Superfrog