“Heaven in a glass!”: Blogger mum shares her clever charcuterie serving hack

“Heaven in a glass!”: Blogger mum shares her clever charcuterie serving hack
We're just a couple of days away from Christmas (oh goodness me)! And I'm sure most of us here at the SDC are busy preparing for our holiday banquets.

If you're on the lookout to impress your loved ones with a show-stopping dish, then you might want to keep reading on to learn more about this mum's Christmas snack hack.

Blogger Cheree Lawrence, better known as 'Oh So Busy Mum', has stunned her followers after she revealed her charcuterie serving hack.

i6FFwbvaUlVSsDEfU2_H_DAZrK3pehFYLTIQr4BszXuwx-W-57ixUyuR7AlUo3cjUfp668t3a7L0Bxk36qJjj5QopUPJBdi6ZdAMqwbxl6hGFdudmrreFbo3ArZwQzu_Auu7jJE

Blogger Cheree Lawrence, better known as ‘Oh So Busy Mum’, shares her charcuterie serving hack using ingredients and plastic wine cups from Woolworths. Credit: Woolworths/Oh So Busy Mum.

The Brisbane mum shared that she gives this classic festive snack a spin by serving deli, fruits, and other fresh ingredients in a plastic wine glass instead of the traditional charcuterie board, noting that each guest can have their own individual cup instead of sharing from one plate or board.

She also said that this could be the perfect way to enjoy this Christmas staple, especially now that threats from COVID force us to keep our distance from each other.

NS4LiLH54CoFSBq_YrVHlSNfaJcLZFICtM1A-mL7D6m9orZeTsC2NsSmT8U9jkyFtkiS5DxxJmMYy0_J1MQkwT8rLPlRo1SKUfG5_A1ZyxnIIwRQOnUMIGNbYwF987EcQk8BL5s

The charcuterie cups prevent guests from sharing nibbles from one board, making this hack ideal for those who are social distancing. Credit: Woolworths/Oh So Busy Mum.

The blogger said: 'I was told this is a game-changer when it comes to platters.'

So, what are the ingredients in this entertaining Christmas charcuterie cup?

Cheree listed the ingredients for her entertaining Christmas charcuterie cup as follows:

• Cheese
  • Crackers
  • Pretzels
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Fresh rosemary
  • Cherries
  • Salami
  • Salted pistachios
  • Stuffed olives
  • Chocolate Fingers
  • Plastic wine glasses
  • Bamboo sticks

She said that she picks up all of the ingredients, as well as the plastic wine cups, at Woolworths.

The blogger then wrote that she assembles the cups by layering the dry ingredients — including nuts, crackers, and pretzels — at the bottom first.

Next, she added the taller ingredients — such as the chocolate fingers — to the cup to create a more layered look. Then she continued adding more layers of ingredients toward the front of the cup to finish.

If some of the ingredients do not suit your taste, don't worry, the blogger advised that you don't need to follow her ingredients as you can customise each cup for your guests.

pyBzJnMr_djGJ2u17KiYSeaTUUVubMxH1ca30r9-6zj4AJL5OqoDqNJav1ckw62oY6k03-cAfmdtpSVasDjuhwhrOfWgLMQCN_XlckOuPEdxHJm7IR4aNpatnq6I8Jtc32xK78U

The blogger said that you can customise each cup. Credit: Woolworths/Oh So Busy Mum.

Cheree also suggested that the cups should be served straight away to ensure absolute freshness.

Her snack has left her followers astounded, with many singing their praises for her genius hack.

One woman wrote: 'Heaven in a glass!! This is snack food for adults. Love it.'

Do you know any other holiday snack hacks? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Sponsored
I would hate this because I have an issue with different foods touching each other.

• Haha
Reactions: Jonathan Leane
I like the idea of individual containers for each person then no one else touching all the food from a bigger container, great in Covid.

I like the idea of individual containers for each person then no one else touching all the food from a bigger container, great in Covid.
Yes but the idea of my meat tasting like fruit or vice versa? Bleh

I don't think I like this. What if you want to eat the pistachios first?