“Game changer!” People CRAZY over viral dressing gown hack

Have you ever had your dressing gown fall off or awkwardly come open while moving around the house?

Thankfully, one woman from TikTok understands the all too familiar problem and has decided to share a hack that not only proves to be wildly convenient but also saves you the embarrassment of your dressing gown sliding open at the worst possible time.

Ozs-PgHu1kNfXFyJnMDfPrQCofAlIqcNAuuP-d6ibvN65rAfuVymcdpE_GghvMLbDBwkdMTzU5veKkyV6KLR7JmA1XWFPPp_gIMDKYPIataU9RpZzHqEuEeRjJg25sq5JewvEPLN

TikTok user Emma shows how to make a tighter and more secure knot on your dressing gown. Credit: TikTok/@emmaflicc_.

"I feel like I've lived the last 28 and a half years of my life in some sort of f***ed up simulation," said Emma, the TikTok user from London behind the hack.

"Because I was watching a video of this guy talking about how if you wrap your dressing gown like this, you've actually been doing it wrong."

Most people (us included) are used to tying the dressing gown belt from the back to the front, with the knot loosening and falling apart after some time.

Apparently however, there is a much better way of tying up our dressing gowns, as Emma proceeded to demonstrate in her video.

"Well, he said, what you have to do instead is put it at the front, wrap it and then tie it like this and let me tell you, this has changed my life," said Emma, as she went on to insert the front laces into a small loop on the side of her dressing gown, and tied it as she would usually.

Emma observed that the new way of tying the robe seemed stronger and held out for longer than how she used to do it.

"What other life hacks have I missed out on?"

Plenty of other dressing-gowns-enjoying TikTok users were shocked after watching the video, which has now over 473K views and 36.9K likes on the social media platform.

One woman was exceptionally thankful for Emma, saying: “Changed my WHOLE world. You’re telling me I didn’t have to be flashing my roommates when it gets loose this whole time?!”

Another user added, “Ugh yeeesss, it's totally changed my life too.”

“38 years old when I learned this the other week, babe… game changer!” wrote a third woman in the comments section.

One user even aired out their frustration at how they just discovered the ‘trick’ now, saying, “Why do shops display them with the tie wrapping around them then?? They could be saving us all if they displayed it properly!”

However, as much as the hack helped a lot of people, some also expressed how it could be inconvenient at times.

“It's all well and good for a tighter hold. But toilet breaks, I gotta take mine off, and that's an unnecessary hassle, to undo and pull-out,” one person wrote.

People have been saying the hack has been life-changing for them! Are you looking forward to trying it out for yourself? Let us know down below!

Sponsored