“About to change my breakfast game!”: Food blogger reveals the PERFECT RECIPE for crispy roast potatoes

“About to change my breakfast game!”: Food blogger reveals the PERFECT RECIPE for crispy roast potatoes
Who could resist crispy roast potatoes? These decadent roast potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside — the perfect texture to delight your taste buds.

However, roast potatoes take a hefty amount of time to make (at least 45 minutes on average) and I'm sure most of us here at the SDC don't have that much time at our disposal (or don’t want to wait 45 minutes for our potatoes!). So, how can we enjoy this delicious snack without waiting too long?

Canadian blogger Sara said that you will only be needing an air fryer to cut down your waiting time to enjoy these yummy roast potatoes.

Credit: TikTok/@nutrientmatters

In her now-viral video — which amassed more than half a million likes — that she posted on social media platforms TikTok and Instagram, Sara revealed the perfect recipe for 'breakfast potatoes'.

"I skip breakfast 6 days a week but on Saturday I have an 8-course breakfast and these breakfast potatoes are the star course," Sara, who blogs under the name of Nutrient Matters, wrote on her post.

Although Aussies are not particularly familiar with 'breakfast potatoes', a lot of her followers from Down Under agreed that these potatoes are the perfect side dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

One follower wrote: "Oh brilliant! About to change my breakfast game!"

"I think this video is a sign for me to finally buy an air fryer," added another.

ofd54sOPUT-zpYS8WYGqHgNu_LEMNcSrsqOYh1WaQ9kXI4D-aoUAHhlZedCtqM7pBa-oAWiLhwy_ZQx1KFn5SWvcXqc49g4lJzR_vO5s5NW7xtzxgT6G5y2kfWDdePgkzjZTvqA

Although ‘breakfast potatoes’ are not really a thing in Australia, Aussies agreed that these potatoes make a good side dish for breakfast or dinner. Credit: TikTok/@nutrientmatters.

So, what exactly is the recipe?

Ingredients:
  • 4 white potatoes
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne
  • 1/2 tsp dried parsley
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
  • 3 tbsp avocado oil

Method
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before air frying.
3. Set your air fryer at 190 °C and fry the potatoes for 10-15 minutes.
4. Serve with spicy mayo and green onions.

Sara advised her followers to eat and cook nutrient-dense foods for healthier living.

"Sure, 'healthy food' doesn’t necessarily taste like dripping levels of fat and mass amounts of sodium or sugar, the wonderful trifecta that comes together to make your brain addicted to certain foods," she wrote on Instagram.

"[But] nutrient-dense foods can and should taste good."

Do you know other yummy potato recipes? Share it with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can try making them too!

Reactions: Whitham and SPANNA
Sponsored
I peel, and rough cut my potatoes! I heat pan of salted water, when boiling, add the potatoes, and cook till medium soft. Drain, add to bowl with desired spices ( cayenne, garlic, oregano, etc), and 1/2 tbsp duck fat. Mix well till all coated. Cook in fryer 200c for 10-15 minutes, or until crunchy !! Enjoy!