‘When in love island’: Couple chooses this popular spot for their steamy encounter

On the picturesque Sunshine Coast, where the Maroochy River flows and families gather to enjoy the sun and surf, a couple's risqué behaviour has caused quite a stir.

In a moment that has left onlookers both shocked and amused, a couple was caught performing a risque act on a sandbar in the middle of a popular swimming spot.

The incident, which took place on the narrow shoal of the Maroochy River, was captured on video and swiftly made its rounds on social media.

The now-deleted footage, uploaded with a tongue-in-cheek caption, ‘When in Rome (Maroochy River Bank)’, showed the woman in her swimwear, engaging in an oral sex act on the man, who was dressed in a green sweatshirt and black shorts.

shutterstock_2371842231.jpg
A couple was seen performing a risque act on the Maroochy River. Credit: Shutterstock

At one point, the man nonchalantly checked his watch, adding a bizarre twist to the already outlandish scene.

As the video circulated, it garnered various reactions from the online community.

'Love island,' one person wrote.

'Sunny Coast is feeling more and more like the Gold Coast every year,' another said.

'So did he say "yes"?' a third asked, with the scene resembling a proposal.

However, not everyone was amused.

'If I had kids and they saw that, I'd be furious. It's just respect for other people,' one person wrote.

Despite the public nature of the act, Queensland Police reported that they had not been informed of the incident and could not comment on it.

It's worth noting that in Queensland, committing an indecent act in public is a crime under section 227 of the Criminal Code Act of 1995.

Such acts can include exposing genitals, performing sexual acts on another person, or public masturbation, and can result in imprisonment for up to two years if found guilty.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 8.20.19 AM.png
The now-deleted footage showed a woman performing oral sex with a man. Credit: @shitmaroochydore / Instagram

This is not the first time the Sunshine Coast has witnessed such public displays of affection.

Just last month, footage emerged of a couple engaging in sexual intercourse in the disabled toilets of the Sunshine Plaza in Maroochydore.

That incident also went uncharged, and the footage was eventually removed from social media.
Key Takeaways

• A couple was caught on camera in a risque public display of affection on a sandbar in the Maroochy River on the Sunshine Coast.
  • The act was filmed and shared on social media, causing a stir among local residents and visitors with varying reactions, from amusement to disgust.
  • Queensland Police has been made aware of the incident, though it was not reported directly to them, and committing an indecent act in public is a crime that can lead to up to two years of imprisonment.
  • Previous incidents in the region have included various indecent acts, highlighting a pattern of such behaviour within public spaces in Queensland.
Have you encountered similar situations in your local area? How do you believe communities should respond to such public displays? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Ah but what does your answer say about you? Not answering anymore of your smart alec remarks
I don't answer my own remarks. That's a sign of craziness hehehe
Off to church with you and in to confession box to get your hail Mary's

I’m an old 🏄‍♀️ chickie babe it was just a natural thing to do back then.😊
As we all did at one time or another lol
I have a feeling that Marjiet was a church goer and probably still a virgin on her wedding night, not that there is anything wrong with that. Sounds like any form of procreation was to only have children. How boring.

As we all did at one time or another lol
I have a feeling that Marjiet was a church goer and probably still a virgin on her wedding night, not that there is anything wrong with that. Sounds like any form of procreation was to only have children. How boring.
Oh well each to there own I never had kids.
😊

Reactions: Observer