‘What do I do?’ A woman’s $450 chocolate cake ends up a disaster

Despite the rising cost of living, everyone deserves to have a treat now and then. And for those who have a sweet tooth, that treat may very well come in the form of an indulgent chocolate cake from a local bakery.

But sometimes, our much-awaited desserts don’t turn out exactly how we’d hoped.

When Libby placed her custom cake order at her local bakery, she expected it to be expensive but high-quality. After all, the cake was to be made by a highly-rated baker in her area. So, she willingly spent US $300 (AU $450) on a four-tier chocolate cake smothered in chocolate ganache and topped off with ribbons of chocolate.

However, what she received almost reduced her to tears (and left social media users in fits of laughter).

choc1.jpg
The four-tier chocolate cake Libby wanted looks so decadent. Credit: Facebook

When the baker dropped off her cake, she saw that it was haphazardly covered in uneven chocolate icing, hundreds and thousands, and crumbling by the minute.

By the time she finished taking a video of the cake, it had crumbled to the side and ended up looking a lot similar to, er, human faeces.

Too shocked to push back against the atrocity given to her, she instead accepted her fate and shared her story on social media, hoping that many would find joy in her ‘cake disaster’ and asked for advice on what she should do next.

‘I need advice. I paid US $300 (AU $450) for this, and the lady just dropped it off – what do I actually do?’ She said in the clip.

choc2.jpg
Maybe someone at the bakery has a grudge against Libby. Credit: Libbycarlsonn/TikTok

Thousands were horrified and amused by the cake ‘fail’ and were quick to share their sentiments online.

‘This has to be some form of hate crime,’ one wrote in disbelief.

‘When you say “dropped it off”, did she literally drop it? Also, how is that the same as the one in the photo? How?’ One inquired.

One agreed with the comment above and asked if the baker threw the cake at her front door and left her to pick it up.

‘This would make me bawl my kidneys out,’ someone else replied.

One social media user told Libby to call her non-emergency line and ask if she could get a refund.

‘Absolutely not,’ one commented.

'Drive back to her house and demand she fixes it or give you your money back,’ advised another.

Others said that the cake looked so horrible that there was no way it was actually sold to Libby. Many accused her of faking the entire video to gain likes online.

‘I’m sorry, I literally do not believe you,’ one wrote.

‘There’s just no way this is real. It’s just not possible,’ someone else agreed.

‘I know you’re joking,’ a third responded.

You can watch Libby’s video below:

Some people ran with the story and made jokes in the comments section.

‘But the sprinkles make all the other mistakes invisible, right?’ A woman quipped.

While another suggested putting the cake back in the fridge because it ‘probably just melted a bit’.

‘Have you tried putting it in rice?’ Another joked.

‘Someone call the cake police!’ Was one person’s helpful suggestion.

‘Did it get into a fight? What even happened?’ Someone asked.

This is not the first time we’ve seen a hilarious cake fail online.

A woman named Lucy attempted to take on the challenge of making a Bluey birthday cake using pre-made Woolworths Mud Cakes (and some tips she found on the internet). However, Lucy’s attempt didn’t go quite as planned, and what she ended up with was…well, you can see it for yourself in this article.
Key Takeaways
  • A woman spent $450 on a chocolate cake that looked nothing like her order, leaving her stunned and disappointed.
  • The cake she received was haphazardly covered in uneven chocolate icing, with some comparing its appearance to human faeces.
  • Thousands on social media were horrified by the 'awful' cake and offered advice on how to handle the situation.
  • Some suggestions included calling or driving back to the baker and demanding a refund or a fixed cake.
True or not, we can all agree that Libby’s cake disaster was hilarious. But we’re curious, though, have you ever been the victim of a cake disaster? Share your stories in the comments below!

Sponsored
Call the police. It's FRAUD. The person that did this obviously used someone else's photo to get orders. That's fraud and deception as well. Plus, False advertising. Theft - using someone else's cake talent.

She needs to go to the police and lodge criminal charges.

Reactions: Macarj
Think she just made up the whole story - probably tried to make cake herself and decided to get some fame on til Tom!!

The price she paid was in U.S. dollars.

Did this even happen in Australia?

If it was in the U.S., then why do a sob story on it here in Australia?

Reactions: Gsr
Despite the rising cost of living, everyone deserves to have a treat now and then. And for those who have a sweet tooth, that treat may very well come in the form of an indulgent chocolate cake from a local bakery.

But sometimes, our much-awaited desserts don’t turn out exactly how we’d hoped.

When Libby placed her custom cake order at her local bakery, she expected it to be expensive but high-quality. After all, the cake was to be made by a highly-rated baker in her area. So, she willingly spent US $300 (AU $450) on a four-tier chocolate cake smothered in chocolate ganache and topped off with ribbons of chocolate.

However, what she received almost reduced her to tears (and left social media users in fits of laughter).

View attachment 19512
The four-tier chocolate cake Libby wanted looks so decadent. Credit: Facebook

When the baker dropped off her cake, she saw that it was haphazardly covered in uneven chocolate icing, hundreds and thousands, and crumbling by the minute.

By the time she finished taking a video of the cake, it had crumbled to the side and ended up looking a lot similar to, er, human faeces.

Too shocked to push back against the atrocity given to her, she instead accepted her fate and shared her story on social media, hoping that many would find joy in her ‘cake disaster’ and asked for advice on what she should do next.

‘I need advice. I paid US $300 (AU $450) for this, and the lady just dropped it off – what do I actually do?’ She said in the clip.

View attachment 19514
Maybe someone at the bakery has a grudge against Libby. Credit: Libbycarlsonn/TikTok

Thousands were horrified and amused by the cake ‘fail’ and were quick to share their sentiments online.

‘This has to be some form of hate crime,’ one wrote in disbelief.

‘When you say “dropped it off”, did she literally drop it? Also, how is that the same as the one in the photo? How?’ One inquired.

One agreed with the comment above and asked if the baker threw the cake at her front door and left her to pick it up.

‘This would make me bawl my kidneys out,’ someone else replied.

One social media user told Libby to call her non-emergency line and ask if she could get a refund.

‘Absolutely not,’ one commented.

'Drive back to her house and demand she fixes it or give you your money back,’ advised another.

Others said that the cake looked so horrible that there was no way it was actually sold to Libby. Many accused her of faking the entire video to gain likes online.

‘I’m sorry, I literally do not believe you,’ one wrote.

‘There’s just no way this is real. It’s just not possible,’ someone else agreed.

‘I know you’re joking,’ a third responded.

You can watch Libby’s video below:

Some people ran with the story and made jokes in the comments section.

‘But the sprinkles make all the other mistakes invisible, right?’ A woman quipped.

While another suggested putting the cake back in the fridge because it ‘probably just melted a bit’.

‘Have you tried putting it in rice?’ Another joked.

‘Someone call the cake police!’ Was one person’s helpful suggestion.

‘Did it get into a fight? What even happened?’ Someone asked.

This is not the first time we’ve seen a hilarious cake fail online.

A woman named Lucy attempted to take on the challenge of making a Bluey birthday cake using pre-made Woolworths Mud Cakes (and some tips she found on the internet). However, Lucy’s attempt didn’t go quite as planned, and what she ended up with was…well, you can see it for yourself in this article.
Key Takeaways

• A woman spent $450 on a chocolate cake that looked nothing like her order, leaving her stunned and disappointed.
  • The cake she received was haphazardly covered in uneven chocolate icing, with some comparing its appearance to human faeces.
  • Thousands on social media were horrified by the 'awful' cake and offered advice on how to handle the situation.
  • Some suggestions included calling or driving back to the baker and demanding a refund or a fixed cake.
True or not, we can all agree that Libby’s cake disaster was hilarious. But we’re curious, though, have you ever been the victim of a cake disaster? Share your stories in the comments below!

brainless

Biggest cake fail I paid over $100 for. Sons wedding cake, supposed to be two 4 inch cakes cut in halves, joined together with a thin layer of cream and nicely decorated. What I got was one probably 2 inch cake cut into 4 quarter inch slabs joined together with at least 1 inch of cream between each slab, then nicely decorated. So sickly sweet it was inedible. Bakers denied any stuff up and refused refund. I was later told what happened by an employee of bakers. I didn’t confront them as this employee was fearful of being sacked for telling me. Never ordered another cake from them.