‘Well done, mate’: Bunnings employee heaped with praise over kind act

We love seeing stories of kind-hearted Aussies helping out one another — it warms our hearts and reminds us of the inherent goodness in people.

In today’s stressful and hectic times, it's not often you see people stopping and helping someone else in simple but significant ways.

That’s why whenever such actions happen, they deserve to be seen and heard as evidence that there’s good out there!

A resident of Moreton, Queensland recently took to Facebook to share the wonderful sight she came across on Thursday morning while at the Rothwell Bunnings.

‘I wanted to share a photo that makes my heart sing,’ she began.

In the picture she shared, a man could be seen accompanying an elderly woman in a parking lot.

The woman was using a cane, and while her right hand was holding onto the man’s left arm he offered for assistance.

317607083_10160345278107453_4168840656475079039_n.jpg
A Bunnings worker moved many online with his simple act of kindness to an elderly customer. Credit: Facebook/Anna Totem

‘They were having a lovely conversation and he didn’t seem to mind that it took her a bit longer.’ the poster said.

‘Well done to this young man for his kindness and compassion, he should be very proud of the person he is.’

The poster also commended the worker for his on-shift initiative.

‘I would also like to say to Bunnings Warehouse Australia that this staff member is a superstar and should be acknowledged,’ she said.

‘His humanity and kindness also reflect well on Bunnings.’

Unsurprisingly, the post has racked up thousands of reactions from users who praised the man for his thoughtful act.

‘How we care for our elderly is a true reflection of our commitment to humanity. Well done mate for making a beautiful positive difference and leading by example.’ one said.

‘This world needs a lot more people like you, young man. Kindness is free and the elderly absolutely love a little acknowledgement. You have ticked all the right boxes,’ another said.

‘I’m guessing this is more about how he was raised. Beautiful to see,’ another said with a heart emoji.

Others shared their experiences at other Bunnings stores.

unnamed.jpg
Many locals praised Bunnings Rothwell for their kind staff. Credit: Bunnings Rothwell

‘I recently went to the North Lakes store and was using crutches. The amount of support across my shopping experience was amazing. From offering a wheelchair to carrying my things to a register.’ a user said.

‘I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been helped to my car with my goods — even when I didn’t need crutches!’

‘Congratulations Bunnings — whether deliberate or incidental, your employees continue to do good work in a kind and caring way.’

Another added, ‘I have been on crutches leaving Bunnings Morayfield and a young lady pushed my trolley to my car.’

Bunnings has yet to comment on their employee’s kind action.

What a heartwarming story, eh?

If you want another story of compassion from the hardware giant’s workers, check out this shopper’s experience after an order didn’t go as planned.

Not to be outdone, shoppers from ALDI and Woolies also shared examples of how the actions of well-meaning employees moved them.

So, what is your reaction to this story? Have you had similar experiences while at Bunnings or other shops?

Share your thoughts and experiences below!

Sponsored
I had a similar experience at the Mount Isa store. The staff member a young man at front entrance asked if he could help when I explained he called the appropriate staffer from the section who took time and effort to show me the different styles and costs and usage - great visit

I saw this article online and immediately thought what a lovely story and a true gentleman. Then I thought about it, surely in today's world this should be more of the norm, I know it's not, but it should be. Unfortunately old, disabled or struggling people are not revered in any way in this country, turning them invisible to the majority such that any act of kindness stands out and becomes newsworthy. It's a sad indictment on our nation that the old are seen as irrelevant. :(

We are quick to put the younger generation down, but there are young people in the world who can be kind and helpful and this gentleman is one of these. I believe it is all in how they have been brought up, kindness is taught. Well done to all the young people who stop and think of the old, the injured and the needy.;);)

Reactions: Ricci
We love seeing stories of kind-hearted Aussies helping out one another — it warms our hearts and reminds us of the inherent goodness in people.

In today’s stressful and hectic times, it's not often you see people stopping and helping someone else in simple but significant ways.

That’s why whenever such actions happen, they deserve to be seen and heard as evidence that there’s good out there!

A resident of Moreton, Queensland recently took to Facebook to share the wonderful sight she came across on Thursday morning while at the Rothwell Bunnings.

‘I wanted to share a photo that makes my heart sing,’ she began.

In the picture she shared, a man could be seen accompanying an elderly woman in a parking lot.

The woman was using a cane, and while her right hand was holding onto the man’s left arm he offered for assistance.

View attachment 9846
A Bunnings worker moved many online with his simple act of kindness to an elderly customer. Credit: Facebook/Anna Totem

‘They were having a lovely conversation and he didn’t seem to mind that it took her a bit longer.’ the poster said.

‘Well done to this young man for his kindness and compassion, he should be very proud of the person he is.’

The poster also commended the worker for his on-shift initiative.

‘I would also like to say to Bunnings Warehouse Australia that this staff member is a superstar and should be acknowledged,’ she said.

‘His humanity and kindness also reflect well on Bunnings.’

Unsurprisingly, the post has racked up thousands of reactions from users who praised the man for his thoughtful act.

‘How we care for our elderly is a true reflection of our commitment to humanity. Well done mate for making a beautiful positive difference and leading by example.’ one said.

‘This world needs a lot more people like you, young man. Kindness is free and the elderly absolutely love a little acknowledgement. You have ticked all the right boxes,’ another said.

‘I’m guessing this is more about how he was raised. Beautiful to see,’ another said with a heart emoji.

Others shared their experiences at other Bunnings stores.

View attachment 9847
Many locals praised Bunnings Rothwell for their kind staff. Credit: Bunnings Rothwell

‘I recently went to the North Lakes store and was using crutches. The amount of support across my shopping experience was amazing. From offering a wheelchair to carrying my things to a register.’ a user said.

‘I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been helped to my car with my goods — even when I didn’t need crutches!’

‘Congratulations Bunnings — whether deliberate or incidental, your employees continue to do good work in a kind and caring way.’

Another added, ‘I have been on crutches leaving Bunnings Morayfield and a young lady pushed my trolley to my car.’

Bunnings has yet to comment on their employee’s kind action.

What a heartwarming story, eh?

If you want another story of compassion from the hardware giant’s workers, check out this shopper’s experience after an order didn’t go as planned.

Not to be outdone, shoppers from ALDI and Woolies also shared examples of how the actions of well-meaning employees moved them.

So, what is your reaction to this story? Have you had similar experiences while at Bunnings or other shops?

Share your thoughts and experiences below!
Recently, at Bunnings, Bennetts Green, NSW, I was in trouble with my mobility scooter. I have a small one which is lifted in and out of my car with a hoist. The scooter had just been removed from the car and the hoist was being returned to its position when it stopped and wouldn't budge any more. Inside, I asked to leave the scooter while I drove home to organise help.
The gentleman manning the 'Tools' section told me to continue shopping, then see him on the way out. Later, he organised another helper and they, jointly, lifted my scooter into the car for me. I am in my 80s and really appreciated this assistance. Unfortunately I can't supply their names.
Jim Pembroke, Caves Beach.

• Love
I had a similar experience at the Mount Isa store. The staff member a young man at front entrance asked if he could help when I explained he called the appropriate staffer from the section who took time and effort to show me the different styles and costs and usage - great visit
I use crutches for balance due to age and bone problems and have found that doesnt matter in most stores how long you stand there YOU wait till the staff are ready to assist and that was the one big thing for me at Bunnings - all they wanted was to help and sort out what I wanted