‘Tis the season to be jolly! Woolworths starts selling an exciting Christmas treat this month

We’re still more than 3 months away from the most wonderful time of the year, but that hasn’t stopped a few Christmas-themed items from hitting supermarket shelves – and we’re not complaining!

After an image showing rows of salted caramel pudding, chocolate sponge pudding, and matured Christmas pudding at Woolworths recently made the rounds on Reddit, shoppers were taken aback by how early the items made an appearance.

Meanwhile, several looked forward to getting their hands on them months in advance.

VFo5CKC-HbjgTFsyiGSjbsv_so8CVp6qH1G9YhRqLhO0nj07ozSqVfu9NfiUb2cx4ZDrbu6KvoWyB6WfjLjthRfJ7wz5KocT2P1ZqXWK0Jm6q_LjjSEYz7vkKAQ-mXSFcVoKKCq3LddL1Gl66t0CrtoH_4pamjsgVIk5OG40a27R343vQrk1WVqd0Q

It’s already Christmas in Woolworths! Source: Woolworths

‘Because why the f*** not?’ one user joked.

Another teased: ‘I am expecting hot cross buns to be on the shelves next week then.’

‘It still makes me excited because fruit pudding and cake are gifts from God.’ a third gushed.

However, a few shoppers were less than impressed with the early rollout.

One user sneered: ‘How is it that every year, there are still people this stunned by capitalism doing its thing?’

‘I noticed a display at my local post office the other day saying “spread the merry” and I had to do a double-take, thinking we couldn’t possibly have this Christmas cr*p already… But I was wrong.’ another criticised.

‘Apparently, I’ve now been out of retail long enough that I’ve forgotten their bulls**t ways.’

A third argued: ‘What about Halloween?! I don’t even partake in it but aren’t the supermarkets usually doing things based on whichever holiday or event is next?’

Source: @thekriptik

A Woolworths spokesperson clarified that the move aims to minimise waste this upcoming festive season.

‘It’s only a few months until Christmas, and we know many of our customers start planning for the festive and entertaining season early on.’ the spokesperson stated.

‘With the cost of living and sustainability in mind, we’re expecting customers to be looking for more ways to save and minimise waste this Christmas.’

‘Some of our customers like to purchase products early and have them stocked away to help spread out their Christmas spend. Others like to taste test products to ensure they hit the spot for their big Christmas feast.’

The demand for fruit mince pies had already soared to a whopping 206 per cent last year, with fruit cakes jumping by 102 per cent and puddings by 65 per cent.

6u4nZd2ayDhgZgrRlOunjSa8XN_JdJOWGSLM6Z0Ia3RhEIzBNnoY-KZ0tJl3ZT56TPgRd-KDOUpdX0H5Fu83V7AM-Ns4Ooarrv-Of1OLJn9W0OQH2DSPb5ypvmgnXtn-cNnMs8GHbrPjPpwiX2zGKATz78RDLDEISblt1-lx-kUmpc4DEBky94oU3w

This iconic and tree-mendous product is now available in Costco. Source: Costco

But Woolworths isn’t the only retailer teeming with the Christmas spirit, Costco also launched their iconic Christmas tree range along with festive ornaments.

Thousands of Aussies were pleased with the early introduction of the Christmas staple.

‘YES! I’m not sure if it’s available in Perth yet but I’m so keen to buy it. I’m going to clear the store out!’ one person declared.

‘Oh no, I need someone to go shopping with me at Costco!’ added another.

A third asked: ‘Does this mean I can decorate the house now?’

Patrick Noone, Managing Director of Costco, shared in a statement: ‘Costco stocks Christmas items earlier than other retailers so members have the opportunity to plan for the festive season ahead.’

‘Christmas items typically land in warehouses from August, so members can expect to find new and exciting decor, gifts, food and more each time they visit in the lead-up to Christmas.’

‘As these items are seasonal, they are only available while stocks last. For this reason, we encourage members to purchase these seasonal items when they see them – what’s there during one visit may not be there the next.’

A few users have also reported spotting Christmas-themed products in stock at Target and Bunnings.

Will you be dropping by Woolworths to give their puddings a shot? Better yet, what are your plans for Christmas this year? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
We’re still more than 3 months away from the most wonderful time of the year, but that hasn’t stopped a few Christmas-themed items from hitting supermarket shelves – and we’re not complaining!

After an image showing rows of salted caramel pudding, chocolate sponge pudding, and matured Christmas pudding at Woolworths recently made the rounds on Reddit, shoppers were taken aback by how early the items made an appearance.

Meanwhile, several looked forward to getting their hands on them months in advance.

VFo5CKC-HbjgTFsyiGSjbsv_so8CVp6qH1G9YhRqLhO0nj07ozSqVfu9NfiUb2cx4ZDrbu6KvoWyB6WfjLjthRfJ7wz5KocT2P1ZqXWK0Jm6q_LjjSEYz7vkKAQ-mXSFcVoKKCq3LddL1Gl66t0CrtoH_4pamjsgVIk5OG40a27R343vQrk1WVqd0Q

Another teased: ‘I am expecting hot cross buns to be on the shelves next week then.’

‘It still makes me excited because fruit pudding and cake are gifts from God.’ a third gushed.

One user sneered: ‘How is it that every year, there are still people this stunned by capitalism doing its thing?’

‘I noticed a display at my local post office the other day saying “spread the merry” and I had to do a double-take, thinking we couldn’t possibly have this Christmas cr*p already… But I was wrong.’ another criticised.

‘Apparently, I’ve now been out of retail long enough that I’ve forgotten their bulls**t ways.’

A third argued: ‘What about Halloween?! I don’t even partake in it but aren’t the supermarkets usually doing things based on whichever holiday or event is next?’

A Woolworths spokesperson clarified that the move aims to minimise waste this upcoming festive season.

‘It’s only a few months until Christmas, and we know many of our customers start planning for the festive and entertaining season early on.’ the spokesperson stated.

‘With the cost of living and sustainability in mind, we’re expecting customers to be looking for more ways to save and minimise waste this Christmas.’

‘Some of our customers like to purchase products early and have them stocked away to help spread out their Christmas spend. Others like to taste test products to ensure they hit the spot for their big Christmas feast.’

The demand for fruit mince pies had already soared to a whopping 206 per cent last year, with fruit cakes jumping by 102 per cent and puddings by 65 per cent.

6u4nZd2ayDhgZgrRlOunjSa8XN_JdJOWGSLM6Z0Ia3RhEIzBNnoY-KZ0tJl3ZT56TPgRd-KDOUpdX0H5Fu83V7AM-Ns4Ooarrv-Of1OLJn9W0OQH2DSPb5ypvmgnXtn-cNnMs8GHbrPjPpwiX2zGKATz78RDLDEISblt1-lx-kUmpc4DEBky94oU3w

But Woolworths isn’t the only retailer teeming with the Christmas spirit, Costco also launched their iconic Christmas tree range along with festive ornaments.

Thousands of Aussies were pleased with the early introduction of the Christmas staple.

‘YES! I’m not sure if it’s available in Perth yet but I’m so keen to buy it. I’m going to clear the store out!’ one person declared.

Patrick Noone, Managing Director of Costco, shared in a statement: ‘Costco stocks Christmas items earlier than other retailers so members have the opportunity to plan for the festive season ahead.’

‘Christmas items typically land in warehouses from August, so members can expect to find new and exciting decor, gifts, food and more each time they visit in the lead-up to Christmas.’

‘As these items are seasonal, they are only available while stocks last. For this reason, we encourage members to purchase these seasonal items when they see them – what’s there during one visit may not be there the next.’

A few users have also reported spotting Christmas-themed products in stock at Target and Bunnings.

Will you be dropping by Woolworths to give their puddings a shot? Better yet, what are your plans for Christmas this year? Let us know in the comments below!

Last Boxing Day Coles had Hot Cross Buns for sale!

• Sad
Reactions: debjane and Ricci
How can the shops say that these items are seasonal when they don't appear in the right season? Easter in January, Christmas in August and so on, it's just a cash grab preying on peoples fear of missing out.:mad:

What a bunch of tosses. What is wrong with Wollies spreading Christmas cheer. You don’t have to buy them. Just walk away, and stop whinging and wanting your 5 seconds of fame.
Reading the story one winger would want Christmas celebrated from December 15 to December 25. Maybe that’s stretching it.
Some Wollies stores have hot cross buns all year and only put the cross on them later.
Stop winging and get a LIFE!

Reactions: Hughsie and Ricci

While I agree that being this early takes away from how special Christmas is to most of us, I welcome the chance to start stockpiling cakes and puddings and other christmassy treats. Doing that stockpiling helps with the budget and means that I will have more to spend on perishables like Turkey etc as Christmas draws closer. I have never been successful when it comes to saving for Christmas and mostly spend too much because I am buying everything at once in one shop, my bad.

Reactions: Hughsie and Ricci
Do check the use- by dates, maybe the stock is left over from last Christmas???
Just this morning, I saw in my Woolies a large cardboard display shelf which had just been set up in the bakery area.
It hadn't been stocked up, but had the words,
" Get your festive food here".

• Wow
Reactions: Ricci
Wish we could still get the Big Sister Plum Pudding......only one worth eating as far as I am concerned, very delicious and moist every time and never spiked my sugars!

Reactions: Ricci
I'm happy for Christmas stuff to come out early, I can start organising food hampers for gifts and donations and decorations I need for crafting projects

Reactions: Gaena and Ricci