‘This is genius’ – Laundry just got a lot easier thanks to this new gadget

Washing clothes is one of those mundane household chores that just has to be done – and there's no way around it. It also seems never-ending; there's always a pile waiting to be washed, and it seems like as soon as you finish one load, another two have taken its place.

But that doesn't mean we can't find ways to make our laundry a little easier (and more bearable)!

What if we told you that there was a new gadget on the market that could make doing laundry hassle-free? And not only that but this device can be easily retracted and stored away when you're not using it – meaning your laundry area can stay tidy and clutter-free.

laundry.JPG
The item in question is a retractable laundry gadget. Credit: DailyMail UK

An Aussie woman ordered this ceiling-mounted clothes airer and said she’s ‘in love’ with the handy laundry gadget.

The woman said she bought the product – from a seller named Ironmongery World – on Etsy, a popular e-commerce store, from a friend who lives in the UK and also has a ceiling clothes airer.

‘I’m a little bit in love with my new clothes airer,’ the woman wrote in the post and attached the same image above.

‘You lower it using the pulley rope on the wall near the drier. It comes down to the height of the bench. Then when the laundry is on it, you raise it up so it’s out of the way,’ she continued.

Other homeowners with smaller laundry spaces raved about the product.

One woman commented: ‘This is genius. I have very high ceilings with small laundry. It would totally work in my laundry.’

‘I have the same, love it,’ said another woman who shared an image of her laundry room.

laundry1.JPG
Homeowners with high ceilings and smaller laundry areas can now maximise their space with this handy tool. Credit: DailyMail UK

‘Love the design. Actually looks good as well as being practical,’ added another.

‘This is what I need,’ someone else said.

Fellow shoppers spotted the chic gadget on the woman’s Facebook page and immediately wanted one for themselves, but at AU $141 a pop (plus shipping fee) it’s not exactly the most budget-friendly buy.

Still, the product has excellent reviews on Etsy, a five-star rating, and over 14,000 sales.

Another shopper found a similar gadget in a Bunnings Special Order desk 10 years ago and still uses it everyday. But the gadget, sadly, is no longer on sale in Bunnings.

If you’d like to make your laundry dry faster without a dryer, you can try the following methods below:
  • Turn on a spin cycle on your washing machine once the washing has finished. This is to reduce the amount of moisture and the time needed to dry your clothes. You can read more about this hack here.
  • Place your rack in front of the heater (or vent!) and use a large piece of clothing on one side of the rack to keep the heat in. Check out how this tip works here.
Lastly, if you’d like to read more laundry hacks, you can check out our previous article here.
Key Takeaways

• A new 'life-changing' laundry gadget that retracts into the ceiling when it's not being used is available for purchase online.
  • The wall-mounted gadget is made by a seller called IronmongeryWorld and is available on Etsy for $141.
  • Many people who have seen the gadget online have praised it for its space-saving design and clever pulley system.
There you have it! What can you say about this product? We'd like to hear what other laundry tips you have, so feel free to share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
At one stage I was washing for 14 people at a time , I felt like my life consisted of washing and ironing, then as they reached 16 they did their own 😍

This product looks good but I hate drying clothes inside and if and I'm saying if I need to dry something inside because it's raining I'm happy with the fold away clothes rack

My great grandmother, grandmother and mother all had them in England. In fact I can't recall any house I went in that never had one in the kitchen. Great overnight but a tad annoying during the day having to duck under the washing!!

Washing clothes is one of those mundane household chores that just has to be done – and there's no way around it. It also seems never-ending; there's always a pile waiting to be washed, and it seems like as soon as you finish one load, another two have taken its place.

But that doesn't mean we can't find ways to make our laundry a little easier (and more bearable)!

What if we told you that there was a new gadget on the market that could make doing laundry hassle-free? And not only that but this device can be easily retracted and stored away when you're not using it – meaning your laundry area can stay tidy and clutter-free.

View attachment 8602

An Aussie woman ordered this ceiling-mounted clothes airer and said she’s ‘in love’ with the handy laundry gadget.

The woman said she bought the product – from a seller named Ironmongery World – on Etsy, a popular e-commerce store, from a friend who lives in the UK and also has a ceiling clothes airer.

‘I’m a little bit in love with my new clothes airer,’ the woman wrote in the post and attached the same image above.

‘You lower it using the pulley rope on the wall near the drier. It comes down to the height of the bench. Then when the laundry is on it, you raise it up so it’s out of the way,’ she continued.

One woman commented: ‘This is genius. I have very high ceilings with small laundry. It would totally work in my laundry.’

‘I have the same, love it,’ said another woman who shared an image of her laundry room.

View attachment 8603
Homeowners with high ceilings and smaller laundry areas can now maximise their space with this handy tool. Credit: DailyMail UK

‘Love the design. Actually looks good as well as being practical,’ added another.

Fellow shoppers spotted the chic gadget on the woman’s Facebook page and immediately wanted one for themselves, but at AU $141 a pop (plus shipping fee) it’s not exactly the most budget-friendly buy.

Still, the product has excellent reviews on Etsy, a five-star rating, and over 14,000 sales.

Another shopper found a similar gadget in a Bunnings Special Order desk 10 years ago and still uses it everyday. But the gadget, sadly, is no longer on sale in Bunnings.

If you’d like to make your laundry dry faster without a dryer, you can try the following methods below:
  • Turn on a spin cycle on your washing machine once the washing has finished. This is to reduce the amount of moisture and the time needed to dry your clothes. You can read more about this hack here.
  • Place your rack in front of the heater (or vent!) and use a large piece of clothing on one side of the rack to keep the heat in. Check out how this tip works here.
Lastly, if you’d like to read more laundry hacks, you can check out our previous article here.
Key Takeaways

• A new 'life-changing' laundry gadget that retracts into the ceiling when it's not being used is available for purchase online.
  • The wall-mounted gadget is made by a seller called IronmongeryWorld and is available on Etsy for $141.
  • Many people who have seen the gadget online have praised it for its space-saving design and clever pulley system.
There you have it! What can you say about this product? We'd like to hear what other laundry tips you have, so feel free to share them with us in the comments below!
This may be new in Australia but believe me it is older than the hills and beyond. I was brought up in Scotland and every house had one. In my family home it was in the kitchen as back then we didn't have laundries and we didn't have driers. They were and still are an essential item because of the awful winter weather.

View attachment 8602

View attachment 8603

Key Takeaways

They say that there's nothing new under the sun, I think just about every house in the UK had one of these. I had one and used it regularly during my early married life. they were a godsend, I was surprised they weren't available here when we came.:)

View attachment 8602

View attachment 8603

Key Takeaways

Ha ha, I’m actually laughing at this, as this is what every household used when I was growing up in Scotland!! Back then however, (50’s, 60’s, 70’s)they were used in the kitchen so any cooking smells wafted up and onto the clean clothes….not so great at times but the only way to get clothes dry in a warm room when the weather was very wet outside or snowing in winter! 🥶

View attachment 8602

View attachment 8603

Key Takeaways

It
Ha ha, I’m actually laughing at this, as this is what every household used when I was growing up in Scotland!! Back then however, (50’s, 60’s, 70’s)they were used in the kitchen so any cooking smells wafted up and onto the clean clothes….not so great at times but the only way to get clothes dry in a warm room when the weather was very wet outside or snowing in winter! 🥶
it was called a ‘pulley’

Reactions: Smiler and Ricci
Maybe not as pretty to look at, but I did this over 30 years ago with the side of an old wooden cot, a pulley and some cord.
Same method my dad used when we came to Australia in 1964 and couldn't find one. In those days the laundry was down the garden so no problem with washing hanging low and getting in the way. I imagine this would work really well under carports and back verandahs these days too.

Reactions: Gaena and Ricci
I‘ve had one of these in my laundry for over twenty years. We bought it at a reproduction store in Melbourne. It’s one of the handiest things we’ve got.

Reactions: Ricci
I reckon every parent and grandparent on here knows about or has one of these.

View attachment 8602

View attachment 8603

Key Takeaways

These are not new. I had one back in England over 50 years ago.