‘Luxe for Less’: This $25 Candle from Woolworths is a Dupe for a $55 Luxury Product!

We all love a bit of luxury, especially when it comes to home decor and fragrances. But let's be honest, when you're on a budget, luxury can be hard to come by.

That's why we're excited to share with you an incredible new product from Woolworths that is causing quite a stir amongst shoppers.

Maison&Muse, a New Zealand home fragrance brand, has launched their 'luxe for less' range of candles, and it's available at almost 1000 Woolworths supermarkets across Australia.

The budget label's Marilyn scented candle is a dupe of a luxury product that costs more than double the price!

Fans of the budget brand are declaring that the Marilyn candle is 'just as good as Glasshouse A Tahaa Affair,' which costs upwards of $54.95.

FB resize 15.jpg
According to shoppers, the Marilyn scented candle from the budget label is on par with Glasshouse's A Tahaa Affair. Credit: TikTok/thecakeupartist.

Content creator Danika from Sydney has shared her excitement about the $25 Woolies alternative, declaring it the 'Tahaa dupe you need.'

She said in a video: ‘Public Service Announcement to all my Glasshouse girlies, the Tahaa dupe you need is literally at your local Woolies for $25 - run!’

Danika revealed that she had tried the candle and was genuinely shocked at the quality.

‘I did a full burn and it was nice... It’s giving bougie on a budget,’ she continued.

‘It’s just sweet and divine like that Tahaa you’re used to.’

‘It’s perfect for the hallway, main living area or office.’

Danika's video has garnered over 40,000 views, with many eager shoppers commenting that they are heading to Woolies to grab their own candles.

One user wrote: ‘I have to try this!’

‘This TikTok just made me go to Woolies 15 minutes before closing. Candle secured,’ another said.

With its elegant white design and delicious scent, it's no wonder that the Marilyn candle is quickly gaining popularity amongst discerning shoppers.

Reactions: Ezzy and LeslieD
Sponsored
I wouldn't pay $25 for a candle .

Where I worked we had a glasshouse candle burning on our front counter the whole time the store was open

Yes customers commented how nice it smelt in the shop but if we were working at the counter for more than 30 minutes some of us ended up with headaches , we also became immuned to the smell.

I would use a candle only for decoration, for smell I use the holders with the wicks in them

Your reasoning is way off. Sorry but you can't feed a child a candle to eat.
Therefore I have to disagree with your prediction that we will all be buying this"

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotty
❗BEWARE❗️This clip is NOT comparing apples with apples. The $25 diffuser from WOOLIES is only 140ml! :‘ Indulge in the Maison&Muse premium 140ml ‘

ALWAYS compare the price per 100mls. The 250ml Greenhouse Diffuser is advertised at Amazon for $45.

Attachments

• 73CF41D3-2B0D-4D92-B95D-1FF20ACACCC5.jpeg
    73CF41D3-2B0D-4D92-B95D-1FF20ACACCC5.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 0
If you have a limited budget and Mother's day is coming up, it may be worth investigating and a change from the usual Flowers and Chocs.

Reactions: Bellclare
We all love a bit of luxury, especially when it comes to home decor and fragrances. But let's be honest, when you're on a budget, luxury can be hard to come by.

That's why we're excited to share with you an incredible new product from Woolworths that is causing quite a stir amongst shoppers.

Maison&Muse, a New Zealand home fragrance brand, has launched their 'luxe for less' range of candles, and it's available at almost 1000 Woolworths supermarkets across Australia.

The budget label's Marilyn scented candle is a dupe of a luxury product that costs more than double the price!

Fans of the budget brand are declaring that the Marilyn candle is 'just as good as Glasshouse A Tahaa Affair,' which costs upwards of $54.95.

View attachment 17336
According to shoppers, the Marilyn scented candle from the budget label is on par with Glasshouse's A Tahaa Affair. Credit: TikTok/thecakeupartist.

Content creator Danika from Sydney has shared her excitement about the $25 Woolies alternative, declaring it the 'Tahaa dupe you need.'

She said in a video: ‘Public Service Announcement to all my Glasshouse girlies, the Tahaa dupe you need is literally at your local Woolies for $25 - run!’

Danika revealed that she had tried the candle and was genuinely shocked at the quality.

‘I did a full burn and it was nice... It’s giving bougie on a budget,’ she continued.

‘It’s just sweet and divine like that Tahaa you’re used to.’

‘It’s perfect for the hallway, main living area or office.’

Danika's video has garnered over 40,000 views, with many eager shoppers commenting that they are heading to Woolies to grab their own candles.

One user wrote: ‘I have to try this!’

‘This TikTok just made me go to Woolies 15 minutes before closing. Candle secured,’ another said.

With its elegant white design and delicious scent, it's no wonder that the Marilyn candle is quickly gaining popularity amongst discerning shoppers.

Buy a diffuser, put some water in it, together with a few drops of your preferred fragrance concentrate and turn it on. Everything will last much longer than this candle @ $25. Yours will last infinitely longer & water comes out of the tap almost (!) free of charge.

I am a Woolworths shopper and object to be told that I am raving!!!!!! Stop all these stupid ways of saying things!!!

$45 for a candle. As If! Money is going to stay in my bank account.

I also never understand people that buy expensive candles as presents. They burn, small awful and start house fires.

Go Ahead and look at the house fire statistics.