‘I have a problem’ – Woolworths’ rewards recap reveals everyone’s favourite products of 2022

Do you regularly shop at Woolworths? Do you have a ‘go-to’ item each time you visit one of their stores? Well, if you're part of their Everyday Rewards program, you might have been surprised to receive an email from the retailer detailing the items you bought the most this year.

However, many customers were shocked to read the contents of their emails.

There's a fine line between fascination and horror knowing how much we spend on one or two items we rely on the most. And for Woolworths Everyday Rewards members, that line was blurred the moment they received their 2022 Rewards Round-up email.

The supermarket giant surprised 3 million of their customers with the personalised tool and revealed several interesting details about their shopping habits – including the items they bought the most.

However, the findings astounded many shoppers, who took to social media to disclose their ‘must-haves’ of 2022.

store1.jpg
Did you receive your email? Credit: Nataliya Vaitkevich/Pexels

One woman who goes by @monadearly on TikTok shared her 2022 Round-up email and declared that she ‘had a problem’, after learning she purchased a 1.25-litre bottle of Coca-Cola No Sugar a total of 48 times.

Hass avocados, which she bought 19 times, took second place. In third place, she had purchased sweet potatoes 11 times.

‘At first, I was like “why are they sending me this? Who is going to share this?” But anyway, here we are,’ she explained.

‘It’s me, the Coke addict,’ she joked.

cola.jpg
The woman was stunned to discover she bought Coke so many times. Credit: Craig Adderley/Pexels

Her video, which has been viewed over 320,000 times, sparked the attention of many social media users who quickly shared their top items as well.

‘Mine was dinosaur spaghetti 64 times apparently,’ one said.

Another wrote: ‘Mine was 2 different types of iced coffee and pregnancy tests.’

Someone else responded that their round-up consisted of the 4-pack Red Bull taking third place, the 6-pack variation of Red Bull taking second place, and the 250 ml single cans of Redbull (bought over 100 times) taking the top spot.

‘Consistency is key,’ the original poster replied.

Others said they haven’t gotten their emails from the supermarket chain yet.

‘I can’t see mine even after checking my emails and the app,’ shared one.

One also said they feel ‘ripped off’ because they haven’t received their email yet.

A spokesperson for Woolworths said that customers who didn’t receive an email will not be able to access the feature.

Some were impressed with the round-up’s features, which also revealed how many points she accumulated and how much money that equates to. One woman shared that she had saved $1,635 as a result of collecting points throughout the year.

‘This year, to celebrate the value members have unlocked from the program, we have sent out a ”Rewards Yearly Round-up” to over three million members,’ the spokesperson explained.
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has surprised 3 million customers with its Everyday Rewards Round-up email.
  • This is their personalised tool which reveals customers' most bought items in the last year.
  • The email has revealed interesting, and sometimes embarrassing, shopping habits of some customers, with one woman having bought Redbull more than 100 times.
Did you receive this email from Woolies? What was your top purchase? Let us know below!

Sponsored
Do you regularly shop at Woolworths? Do you have a ‘go-to’ item each time you visit one of their stores? Well, if you're part of their Everyday Rewards program, you might have been surprised to receive an email from the retailer detailing the items you bought the most this year.

However, many customers were shocked to read the contents of their emails.

There's a fine line between fascination and horror knowing how much we spend on one or two items we rely on the most. And for Woolworths Everyday Rewards members, that line was blurred the moment they received their 2022 Rewards Round-up email.

The supermarket giant surprised 3 million of their customers with the personalised tool and revealed several interesting details about their shopping habits – including the items they bought the most.

However, the findings astounded many shoppers, who took to social media to disclose their ‘must-haves’ of 2022.

View attachment 10865
Did you receive your email? Credit: Nataliya Vaitkevich/Pexels

One woman who goes by @monadearly on TikTok shared her 2022 Round-up email and declared that she ‘had a problem’, after learning she purchased a 1.25-litre bottle of Coca-Cola No Sugar a total of 48 times.

Hass avocados, which she bought 19 times, took second place. In third place, she had purchased sweet potatoes 11 times.

‘At first, I was like “why are they sending me this? Who is going to share this?” But anyway, here we are,’ she explained.

‘It’s me, the Coke addict,’ she joked.

View attachment 10864
The woman was stunned to discover she bought Coke so many times. Credit: Craig Adderley/Pexels

Her video, which has been viewed over 320,000 times, sparked the attention of many social media users who quickly shared their top items as well.

‘Mine was dinosaur spaghetti 64 times apparently,’ one said.

Another wrote: ‘Mine was 2 different types of iced coffee and pregnancy tests.’

Someone else responded that their round-up consisted of the 4-pack Red Bull taking third place, the 6-pack variation of Red Bull taking second place, and the 250 ml single cans of Redbull (bought over 100 times) taking the top spot.

‘Consistency is key,’ the original poster replied.

Others said they haven’t gotten their emails from the supermarket chain yet.

‘I can’t see mine even after checking my emails and the app,’ shared one.

One also said they feel ‘ripped off’ because they haven’t received their email yet.

A spokesperson for Woolworths said that customers who didn’t receive an email will not be able to access the feature.

Some were impressed with the round-up’s features, which also revealed how many points she accumulated and how much money that equates to. One woman shared that she had saved $1,635 as a result of collecting points throughout the year.

‘This year, to celebrate the value members have unlocked from the program, we have sent out a ”Rewards Yearly Round-up” to over three million members,’ the spokesperson explained.
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has surprised 3 million customers with its Everyday Rewards Round-up email.
  • This is their personalised tool which reveals customers' most bought items in the last year.
  • The email has revealed interesting, and sometimes embarrassing, shopping habits of some customers, with one woman having bought Redbull more than 100 times.
Did you receive this email from Woolies? What was your top purchase? Let us know below!
I don't know why people are shocked about this. I knew as soon as I opted in any rewards card program that they would be collecting data on my spending habits. Just think of all the information the banks, government, medical, eta has collected over the years. So called "Big Brother Information Collecting" has been happening since day dot. "Your life has never been yours since the day you were born". But on the good side, at least I know where my money is going and what or if I have made any savings by shopping from those places.

I don't know why people are shocked about this. I knew as soon as I opted in any rewards card program that they would be collecting data on my spending habits. Just think of all the information the banks, government, medical, eta has collected over the years. So called "Big Brother Information Collecting" has been happening since day dot. "Your life has never been yours since the day you were born". But on the good side, at least I know where my money is going and what or if I have made any savings by shopping from those places.
i don't even know how to redeem my
rewards.

Reactions: Ricci
More invasion of privacy, that's why I don't have rewards cards and use cash. I don't want to be reminded of what I spend money on I already know.
Nothing is private anymore, why do they bother, who wants to know how many times they bought sweet potatoes, milk and bread, what an absute waste of time and effort.

More invasion of privacy, that's why I don't have rewards cards and use cash. I don't want to be reminded of what I spend money on I already know.
Nothing is private anymore, why do they bother, who wants to know how many times they bought sweet potatoes, milk and bread, what an absute waste of time and effort.
The Russians probably know by now what you had for dinner tonight, so i wouldn't worry about Woolies. 😄