‘I’ve won $25 million?! Holy sh**!’: Woman from Mackay among eleven lucky Oz Lotto jackpot winners

After Tuesday night’s Mega Oz Lotto draw, one mum who made a ‘last-minute decision’ to purchase a ticket was among the lucky winners of the jackpot.

c2DwCc2PaToLeAVBFjiZmDG6mS9RMdih74-SIHbJATF3rxBq5rh4UfgCx6bc0dsOuHSM4bHsO12Su01ChQX_D-zDG2V-kNsGkcTVk4zUZF8W0-stmkJ-FD1ez5f_fOG_Pe7r7yz6

The mother bought her ticket online. Photo retrieved from MDG Asia Pacific.
The woman from Mackay, Queensland, will be sharing the prize money of $50 million with a 10-member group in Victoria.

The woman was “stunned” to be told she will be receiving a whopping $25,025,538.45, while the 10 Victorian winners will each receive a share worth $2,513,105.93 after purchasing their syndicate entries at different Tatts outlets across the state.

“Are you serious? Oh my god. I've won $25million?!” The shocked North Queenslander told an official from The Lott moments after the winning draw.

“Holy s***! This has got to be wrong! It was a last-minute decision to buy an entry. I cannot believe it.”

“This changes everything for everyone!”

“I can't wait to help my family. This is wonderful,” she continued.

“I've always said I would retire if I won the lottery – it looks like that's what I'll be doing!” she said.

And as if she’s not lucky enough, in addition to winning division one, the woman’s System 8 QuickPick entry also won division three seven times.

This was the third-highest prize offered by any Australian lottery game in 2021.

Scoring one of the life-changing division one prizes is purely based on luck. To win, people have to correctly pick five main numbers and two supplementaries.

The winning main numbers from Tuesday night’s draw were 1, 4, 8, 23, 25, 31 and 38. The supplementary numbers were 11 and 44.

So, who’s buying a lottery ticket next week?

Sponsored