‘Good evening, customers…’ – Shoppers baffled over Kmart announcement

We here at the SDC love hearing interesting stories of people going that extra mile or unleashing their creativity to bring a smile to other people’s faces.

Just take this heartwarming story of a Kmart worker spreading some positivity with an outstanding store announcement that left the internet ‘in stitches’.

We’ve all had to sit through some mundane store announcements before the doors to our local shops close.

But customers at a Kmart store were in for a treat when Liam Gildea, a musician, social media content creator and Kmart employee, made an unusual store announcement.

In a video posted on his social media account, Liam can be seen holding his phone to the microphone, talking to someone out of the camera’s frame.

work1.jpg
Liam was allowed by his boss to make the unusual announcement over the store’s intercom. Credit: Pressmaster/Pexels

Then, he pressed a button on his phone and played the famous classical composition ‘Spring’ by Vivaldi before putting on a posh (and exaggerated) British accent.

‘Good evening, customers,’ he started.

‘As the time is now 8:50 pm, this store will now close in 10 minutes’ time.’

But he didn’t stop his dramatic announcement there.

He added: ‘And as the sun must set on a beautiful horizon, so must you make your way to the front of the store to finalise your purchases.’

‘Do note — tomorrow morning, we reopen at 8 am for your shopping convenience. Good morrow, customers, good morrow!’ He continued, making sure to roll his r’s at the word ‘reopen’.

work2.jpg
Liam left social media users in stitches over his announcement. Credit: Liamgildea_TikTok

The hilarious video, posted on Liam's social media account, has gained traction with audiences worldwide, racking up a jaw-dropping 5 million views and over 4,000 comments.

Many were enamoured with his good-natured announcement, with one even joking that Liam needed a raise.

‘I need to see the shoppers’ reaction to this,’ another commented.

‘I have to show this to my manager and see if they will let us do it at our Kmart,’ one fellow worker wrote. To which Liam playfully replied: ‘They can ring me, and I’ll explain the reasons why you should do it.’

‘This is gold,’ someone said, while another agreed and hoped to hear this type of announcement in every shop.

‘This should be the new standard,’ they added.

One admitted that they also get to make the announcements at the store they work at and hoped to one day become as ‘quirky’ as Liam.

‘It’s creativity like this that makes customers come back. Hope every day the announcement is different,’ one Kmart shopper mused.

‘The way I would die of happiness if I experienced this in the wild,’ one more replied.

You can watch Liam’s announcement below:

But this isn’t the first time Liam has used his wit to make the announcements at his local store. In one video he shared, he said he was asked by his manager to create an original closing ‘announcement song’ for their store.

In the clip, Liam revealed that the pre-recorded announcement, complete with classy, jazzy tunes and a short piano solo at the end, was for a Kmart store in Bathurst.

You can watch it below:

Once again, this delighted social media users, with many saying he should be paid for all the free promo he was giving to Kmart.

‘Suddenly need to pop in at Kmart at 8:59 pm,’ one commented.

‘They better be paying you the big bucks for that absolute bop,’ another stated.

‘Going to go to Bathurst for the sole purpose of hearing this in the local Kmart,’ a third replied.

Someone else agreed and said they’d ‘definitely’ go to the local Kmart in Bathurst just to hear the ‘lovely’ announcement. While someone else jokingly suggested that customers who were there just to hear the music should have some way of identifying one another.

‘You better get paid for this!’ One more wrote, to which Liam replied: ‘I wish.’

While someone else asked for his manager’s reaction.

‘Well, what did he say? Reactions?’ They inquired.

‘They love it – and I still play it,’ Liam responded.
Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart worker's store announcement has gone viral on TikTok, leaving users in stitches.
  • Liam Gildea, the worker, posted a video showing him making an unusual and theatrical store announcement right before closing.
  • The video gained over 5 million views and received thousands of hilarious comments.
  • Many people commented that the formal yet comedic announcement should become a new standard for store announcements.
Kudos to Liam for adding some humour and fun to shopping! What do you think of Liam’s entertaining store announcement? Have you ever heard a creative in-store announcement like this before? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
We used to do this sort of thing when I was a Manager at Officeworks. We had a different team member give the announcement every evening and the test was to give the same message but in a different way every time. We had some laughs with it, even if the customers weren't aware. :) :)

We here at the SDC love hearing interesting stories of people going that extra mile or unleashing their creativity to bring a smile to other people’s faces.

Just take this heartwarming story of a Kmart worker spreading some positivity with an outstanding store announcement that left the internet ‘in stitches’.

We’ve all had to sit through some mundane store announcements before the doors to our local shops close.

But customers at a Kmart store were in for a treat when Liam Gildea, a musician, social media content creator and Kmart employee, made an unusual store announcement.

In a video posted on his social media account, Liam can be seen holding his phone to the microphone, talking to someone out of the camera’s frame.

View attachment 19388
Liam was allowed by his boss to make the unusual announcement over the store’s intercom. Credit: Pressmaster/Pexels

Then, he pressed a button on his phone and played the famous classical composition ‘Spring’ by Vivaldi before putting on a posh (and exaggerated) British accent.

‘Good evening, customers,’ he started.

‘As the time is now 8:50 pm, this store will now close in 10 minutes’ time.’

But he didn’t stop his dramatic announcement there.

He added: ‘And as the sun must set on a beautiful horizon, so must you make your way to the front of the store to finalise your purchases.’

‘Do note — tomorrow morning, we reopen at 8 am for your shopping convenience. Good morrow, customers, good morrow!’ He continued, making sure to roll his r’s at the word ‘reopen’.

View attachment 19389
Liam left social media users in stitches over his announcement. Credit: Liamgildea_TikTok

The hilarious video, posted on Liam's social media account, has gained traction with audiences worldwide, racking up a jaw-dropping 5 million views and over 4,000 comments.

Many were enamoured with his good-natured announcement, with one even joking that Liam needed a raise.

‘I need to see the shoppers’ reaction to this,’ another commented.

‘I have to show this to my manager and see if they will let us do it at our Kmart,’ one fellow worker wrote. To which Liam playfully replied: ‘They can ring me, and I’ll explain the reasons why you should do it.’

‘This is gold,’ someone said, while another agreed and hoped to hear this type of announcement in every shop.

‘This should be the new standard,’ they added.

One admitted that they also get to make the announcements at the store they work at and hoped to one day become as ‘quirky’ as Liam.

‘It’s creativity like this that makes customers come back. Hope every day the announcement is different,’ one Kmart shopper mused.

‘The way I would die of happiness if I experienced this in the wild,’ one more replied.

You can watch Liam’s announcement below:

But this isn’t the first time Liam has used his wit to make the announcements at his local store. In one video he shared, he said he was asked by his manager to create an original closing ‘announcement song’ for their store.

In the clip, Liam revealed that the pre-recorded announcement, complete with classy, jazzy tunes and a short piano solo at the end, was for a Kmart store in Bathurst.

You can watch it below:

Once again, this delighted social media users, with many saying he should be paid for all the free promo he was giving to Kmart.

‘Suddenly need to pop in at Kmart at 8:59 pm,’ one commented.

‘They better be paying you the big bucks for that absolute bop,’ another stated.

‘Going to go to Bathurst for the sole purpose of hearing this in the local Kmart,’ a third replied.

Someone else agreed and said they’d ‘definitely’ go to the local Kmart in Bathurst just to hear the ‘lovely’ announcement. While someone else jokingly suggested that customers who were there just to hear the music should have some way of identifying one another.

‘You better get paid for this!’ One more wrote, to which Liam replied: ‘I wish.’

While someone else asked for his manager’s reaction.

‘Well, what did he say? Reactions?’ They inquired.

‘They love it – and I still play it,’ Liam responded.
Key Takeaways

• A Kmart worker's store announcement has gone viral on TikTok, leaving users in stitches.
  • Liam Gildea, the worker, posted a video showing him making an unusual and theatrical store announcement right before closing.
  • The video gained over 5 million views and received thousands of hilarious comments.
  • Many people commented that the formal yet comedic announcement should become a new standard for store announcements.
Kudos to Liam for adding some humour and fun to shopping! What do you think of Liam’s entertaining store announcement? Have you ever heard a creative in-store announcement like this before? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!

Liam makes the mistake by saying go to the front of the store to finalise your purchases, but we are all aware now that Kmart have the tills in the centre of the store and we have an inquisition from a staff member when we leave.