‘A sip or two?’ Viewers wonder about supermodel Lauren Hutton’s interview behaviour

The guests that appear on the long-running TV program The Project never fail to surprise and entertain us, and last week's appearance by the legendary supermodel Lauren Hutton firmly cemented this observation.

Her interview caused quite a stir on social media, with many viewers wondering what had happened and whether the iconic beauty was okay (or might have had a cocktail or two).

The international model was being interviewed for her new campaign with David Jones when things took an unexpected turn.

Firstly, 79-year-old Hutton corrected host Rachel Corbett for seemingly getting her age wrong when she asked if she was considering retiring after all these years.

'I'm not 79. I'm 80,' she said as Corbett tried to laugh it off.

‘That was a lie. [Eighty] got a better sounds. It’s curvy,’ said Hutton

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 3.27.57 PM.png
Supermodel Lauren Hutton, 79, was a guest on The Project last week, and her ‘chaotic’ presence set tongues wagging online. Credit: Facebook/Calvin Klein.

Then came the famous comment that was bleeped out on TV—so inappropriate it had radio presenter and The Project regular Michael Hing blushing.

Answering a question about the longevity of her career, Hutton had said that it was 'important to keep working', but then with a cheeky grin, she added: 'I think it's important to keep f***ing too'; a comment that was deemed far too naughty to be broadcast on Australian TV.

The shocking comment seemed to further embarrass Hing, who laughed nervously as Hutton cuddled up to him and added: 'You're not so bad yourself.'

Oh, and it didn't end there; Hutton had even invited him to go shopping with her after the show!

As expected, the internet was buzzing with reactions to Hutton's surprisingly spicy appearance. One viewer tweeted: 'Is Lauren Hutton drunk?'

Another agreed and commented, 'I think Lauren Hutton has had a few before going on.'

During the ABC station's drive program, Hing mentioned that Hutton had entertained the hosts with some 'spicy' stories about drugs and openly expressed her fondness for martinis. Hing also pondered whether she might have enjoyed a few before appearing on the show.

Lauren Hutton's rise to fame occurred in the 1970s, followed swiftly by a groundbreaking million-dollar contract with makeup giant Revlon, which, at the time, stood as the most expensive deal in the modelling industry.

Since then, she has graced numerous magazine covers—appearing on Vogue an impressive 28 times—and showcased her acting prowess in notable feature films like Paper Lion, starring alongside Alan Alda, The Gambler, alongside James Caan, and American Gigolo featuring Richard Gere.

And despite her 80th birthday being around the corner, she is still as active as ever, now working with David Jones on a new campaign—which, judging from the interview, she seems to be thoroughly enjoying.

Key Takeaways

• Supermodel Lauren Hutton's recent appearance on The Project led to viewers questioning whether she had indulged in a few cocktails before the show.
  • Hutton's presence was described as 'chaotic', and she openly discussed her love of martinis and told numerous 'spicy' stories about drugs.
  • She caused an awkward moment when she corrected co-host Rachel Corbett about her age and made a cheeky remark about working and sex that had to be censored.
  • Despite her behaviour, Hutton remains a trailblazer in the modelling industry, securing a million-dollar deal from Revlon in 1973, the highest contract in the modelling industry at the time.

Brave, beautiful and uproariously entertaining, Lauren Hutton is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

What are your thoughts on this remarkable supermodel? Do you recall her captivating appearances on magazine covers? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
I think someone should tell her the retirement age is now 67, and I think for so called supermodels is probably considerably younger.
I think David Jones wouldn't be too impressed with this embarrassing interview.

• Haha
Reactions: Trudi and zazava
The guests that appear on the long-running TV program The Project never fail to surprise and entertain us, and last week's appearance by the legendary supermodel Lauren Hutton firmly cemented this observation.

Her interview caused quite a stir on social media, with many viewers wondering what had happened and whether the iconic beauty was okay (or might have had a cocktail or two).

The international model was being interviewed for her new campaign with David Jones when things took an unexpected turn.

Firstly, 79-year-old Hutton corrected host Rachel Corbett for seemingly getting her age wrong when she asked if she was considering retiring after all these years.

View attachment 25683
Supermodel Lauren Hutton, 79, was a guest on The Project last week, and her ‘chaotic’ presence set tongues wagging online. Credit: Facebook/Calvin Klein.

Then came the famous comment that was bleeped out on TV—so inappropriate it had radio presenter and The Project regular Michael Hing blushing.

Answering a question about the longevity of her career, Hutton had said that it was 'important to keep working', but then with a cheeky grin, she added: 'I think it's important to keep f***ing too'; a comment that was deemed far too naughty to be broadcast on Australian TV.

The shocking comment seemed to further embarrass Hing, who laughed nervously as Hutton cuddled up to him and added: 'You're not so bad yourself.'

Oh, and it didn't end there; Hutton had even invited him to go shopping with her after the show!

As expected, the internet was buzzing with reactions to Hutton's surprisingly spicy appearance. One viewer tweeted: 'Is Lauren Hutton drunk?'

Another agreed and commented, 'I think Lauren Hutton has had a few before going on.'

During the ABC station's drive program, Hing mentioned that Hutton had entertained the hosts with some 'spicy' stories about drugs and openly expressed her fondness for martinis. Hing also pondered whether she might have enjoyed a few before appearing on the show.

Lauren Hutton's rise to fame occurred in the 1970s, followed swiftly by a groundbreaking million-dollar contract with makeup giant Revlon, which, at the time, stood as the most expensive deal in the modelling industry.

Since then, she has graced numerous magazine covers—appearing on Vogue an impressive 28 times—and showcased her acting prowess in notable feature films like Paper Lion, starring alongside Alan Alda, The Gambler, alongside James Caan, and American Gigolo featuring Richard Gere.

And despite her 80th birthday being around the corner, she is still as active as ever, now working with David Jones on a new campaign—which, judging from the interview, she seems to be thoroughly enjoying.

Key Takeaways

• Supermodel Lauren Hutton's recent appearance on The Project led to viewers questioning whether she had indulged in a few cocktails before the show.
  • Hutton's presence was described as 'chaotic', and she openly discussed her love of martinis and told numerous 'spicy' stories about drugs.
  • She caused an awkward moment when she corrected co-host Rachel Corbett about her age and made a cheeky remark about working and sex that had to be censored.
  • Despite her behaviour, Hutton remains a trailblazer in the modelling industry, securing a million-dollar deal from Revlon in 1973, the highest contract in the modelling industry at the time.

Brave, beautiful and uproariously entertaining, Lauren Hutton is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

What are your thoughts on this remarkable supermodel? Do you recall her captivating appearances on magazine covers? Let us know in the comments below!
Really! so what, I've heard worse on TV and good on Lauren for being herself and being honest and still wanting to have sex at her age, I for one congratulate Lauren and some people should look in their own back yard before they start judging others :)

View attachment 25683

Key Takeaways

There is no problem with the f word - it is in the dictionary (if you get one of the good old uncensored copies) and is a normal part of language in the world today. No need to blush or be embarrassed and does wonders for stress relief and anger to use the word - verbally of course!

Reactions: TheBear and Trudi
Really! so what, I've heard worse on TV and good on Lauren for being herself and being honest and still wanting to have sex at her age, I for one congratulate Lauren and some people should look in their own back yard before they start judging others :)
You hear a lot worse in the work place as well

Reactions: TheBear and Trudi
You hear a lot worse in the work place as well
.I agree you certainly do. We have a new home being built behind our home and the language is atrocious.Obviously lacking in education to have such a small vocabulary, and it doesn't stop at the f word.
I was bought up to know how to keep myself polite whilst in public and you can't get much more public than TV. There's a time and place for everything. The fact that most people seem to think it is acceptable doesn't say much of today's society
JMO

View attachment 25683

Key Takeaways

Not so much the f bomb but a bit creepy hitting on the host lol