Twisties combines two iconic flavours into one—is this the flavour you’ve been waiting for?

For decades, Twisties has been a staple in pantries across the country, with its distinctive twist-shaped, crunchy corn snacks in various flavours.

In a bold move that caught the attention of snack lovers everywhere, Twisties has unveiled a new product that merges two of its most beloved flavours into a single bag.

The Twisties Chickeese is a daring blend of the classic chicken and cheese varieties, and it's stirring up quite the conversation among Australian snack aficionados.

The decision to combine chicken and cheese flavours into one bag is a game-changer that has left some Aussies ecstatic and others sceptical.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 8.17.49 AM.png
Twisties revealed a new flavour by combining two flavours in one bag. Credit: Reddit

A Twisties spokesperson expressed excitement about the new offering: 'Chicken and Cheese Twisties taste better together, and we’re delighted to finally announce Twisties Chickeese—the flavour everyone’s been waiting for,' they said.

'We believe Twisties Chickeese is the future of snacking and the future of the brand, and we can’t wait to hear what Aussies think.'

While the release date is still under wraps, the buzz is already building.

A leaked image of the Twisties Chickeese bag surfaced on social media, sparking a debate that has divided the nation.

Some snack enthusiasts are eager to try the innovative combination, while others mourn the loss of a classic.

One user humorously speculated about the origin of the idea: 'I feel like at the factory, they accidentally mixed a whole bunch together...and this is marketing’s solution.'

‘I’m obsessed with the Chicken Twisties. I’m putting this on my shopping list for Monday,’ another commented.

‘Not going to lie—would be interested in trying a pack,’ a third said.

Another social media user shared, ‘Saves me buying two bags or having to choose. Now make a bag that has Burger Rings mixed in as well, and I’ll be even happier.’

'We mixed them together at recess when we were kids back in the '80s. How did it take them this long to give it a shot,' one commented nostalgically.

Several snack lovers complained, with one declaring that chicken was the worst Twisties flavour.

Another said, ‘Ugh. Imagine biting into a Twistie and realising it’s cheese flavoured.’

The mixed reactions are unsurprising, given Twisties' history of pushing the envelope with unconventional flavours.

Recently, they've experimented with Spicy Ramen, Cinnamon Donut, and even Twisted Raspberry—each new variety sparking its own cheers and jeers from the public.
Key Takeaways
  • Twisties has introduced a new flavour called Twisties Chickeese, which combines its chicken and cheese flavours in one bag.
  • The new flavour has created division among Australians, with reactions ranging from excitement to the view that Twisties are 'officially ruined.'
  • The unusual combination has sparked conversation and nostalgia on social media, as some recall mixing flavours themselves as children.
  • Despite the mixed opinions, the Twisties brand continued experimenting with new flavours, as seen with their previous limited-edition releases like Spicy Ramen, Cinnamon Donut, and Twisted Raspberry.
Are you keen to try the new Twisties Chickeese? Share your thoughts and your own snack-time stories in the comments below!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Sponsored
I love twisties but had a bag of plain cheese twisties the other day, talk about too much salt I honestly could not eat them.🙀So for once I’ll say a big fat salty no.🙃

Reactions: Seia Ibanez
Clever move, now they won't have to wash out the machine when they change over to produce the other flavour.

Reactions: Littleboy8