Aussies lose their minds over the brand-new flavour of this beloved snack

When it comes to snack time, Australians don't mess around, especially with their beloved Twisties.

With their iconic cheese flavour and unique texture, Twisties have become more than just a snack—they're a cultural icon.

But hold onto your hats because the Twisties team has just thrown a spicy curveball into the mix that's got everyone talking!

Introducing the 'Spicy Ramen' flavour, a bold new addition that promises to set your taste buds ablaze with excitement.

Set to hit the shelves on 2 May, this newcomer is causing quite a stir among snack enthusiasts and sceptics alike.

1_20240402_085907_0000.png
Twisties ‘Spicy Ramen’ flavour is set to hit the shelves on 2 May. Credit: @nectoriouspapi / TikTok

The Twisties brand, under the PepsiCo umbrella, said this limited-edition flavour was sure that ‘Twisties fans will jump at the chance to try’.

The 'Spicy Ramen' Twisties are a daring fusion of red chilli, ginger, and black pepper, designed to mimic the beloved heat of a steaming bowl of ramen.

Melanie Saluni, Twisties Brand Manager, said, ‘Twisties newest flavour is the ultimate spicy delight.’

‘Embracing and celebrating the cult following of ramen means we’ve been able to create the perfect sizzling bite.’

‘It’s such a unique flavour that will deliver ramen-lovers everything they crave from their favourite dish, as well as mixing in a spicy plot-twist as the hottest Twistie we’ve ever made.’

The new flavour will be packaged in 80g bags and available at leading supermarkets and independent retailers.

For those who can't wait until May to get their hands on this spicy snack, 7-Eleven stores started to offer a packet on 2 April.

The announcement has sparked a flurry of excitement on social media, with many Twisties aficionados eager to try the 'best yet' flavour.

Comments range from enthusiastic 'Can’t wait to try’ to the more contemplative 'Well, it's an interesting choice of flavour.'

However, not everyone is convinced.

Some who have already sampled the 'Spicy Ramen' Twisties have found them to be too fiery for their liking.

Food blogger @nectoriouspapi shared his taste-testing adventure, affirming the authenticity of the hot soup but ultimately deciding the snack was 'not for me.'

He cautioned, 'For the spicy ramen noodle lovers, check it out, but too spicy for me.'

You can watch his video below:

Credit: @nectoriouspapi / TikTok

This isn't the first time Twisties has ventured into unconventional flavours.

Past releases have included a raspberry-flavoured version and a cinnamon flavoura collaboration with Donut King.

These varieties have divided public opinion, with some calling them 'gross' and others finding them 'interesting.'
Key Takeaways

• Twisties has announced the launch of a new 'Spicy Ramen' flavour expected to be popular with fans of the snack.
  • The spicy variant incorporates red chilli, ginger, and black pepper to provide a 'delicious heat' with every bite.
  • The new flavour will be available from May in supermarkets and independent retailers, while 7-Eleven stores will offer them earlier in April.
  • While many are eager to try the new flavour, some have already found it too spicy, with mixed reactions from food enthusiasts.
Will you try Twisties’ newest flavour? Let us know in the comments below!

Reactions: Littleboy8 and BJM
Sponsored
Sacrilage.
Off with their heads.
Original is my best choice on the rare occasion I let the devil make me do it and buy a packet.
Last one was at a soccer game. I got so excited with what was going on with the game, I forgot I was eating Twisties. Half time resulted in orange hands. Part of the pleasure.

Reactions: DLHM