This $6.60 miracle cleaner from Woolworths and Coles is flying off shelves: ‘It’s my secret weapon’

As we all know, the Australian climate can be a breeding ground for household nuisances, especially mould.

With our bouts of humidity and rain, it's a constant battle to keep our homes clean and healthy.

But there's a beacon of hope that's been lighting up the cleaning aisles of Woolworths and Coles, and it's only $6.60!

This miracle cleaner, praised by shoppers and cleaning experts alike, is the 1.25L Domestos Regular Disinfectant ($6.60), a thick disinfectant bleach available in Woolworths and Coles.

Amelia Liddy Sudbury, a cleaning and laundry expert, brought this product into the limelight through a now-viral video, where she shared her tried-and-true method for banishing mould from the home.

photo.jpg
Cleaning expert Amelia Liddy Sudbury shared her $6.60 secret weapon to get rid of mould. Credit: @amelialiddysudbuy / TikTok

‘I swear by Domestos,’ she said.

‘My mum used it, my grandmother used it, it should be in every house in Australia.’

‘And for a job like this, my secret weapon are these little cut-up squares that I use from old towels and old pajama flannelettes,’ she said.

Domestos is not your run-of-the-mill bleach; it's thick enough to cling to walls, making it an ideal weapon against the dreaded mould.

‘Because Domestos clings on the wall, it makes cleaning easier,’ she said.

‘You only need to wipe once or twice, and, look, the mould comes straight off.’

‘All I need is a little bit of Domestos on one of these old towel rags,’ the cleaning expert added.

‘They will wipe the mould away instantly when you use Domestos. It’ll also remove all the stains quickly and effectively.’

But the uses of Domestos don't stop at mould removal.

Amelia also shared that she dilutes the bleach in a bucket of water when mopping floors, taking advantage of its 'hospital-grade disinfectant' properties to ensure a thorough clean.

The response to Amelia's cleaning method has been overwhelmingly positive, with viewers chiming in to sing the praises of Domestos.

‘Love Domestos,’ one said.

‘I love its many uses,’ added a second.

‘Yep, I’ve had all the fancy cleaning products, and good old-fashioned thick bleach is the best,' a third added.

You can watch Amelia’s video below:

Credit: @amelialiddysudbury / TikTok

So, next time you navigate the cleaning aisle, you might want to reach for a bottle of Domestos.

It could be the solution you've been looking for to keep your home mould-free and sparkling clean.

But if you don’t have one at home, you can also try this mould-cleaning trick!

In a previous story, cleaning guru Chantel Mila revealed her method for effectively removing shower mould using a homemade solution. You can learn more about her cleaning method here.
Key Takeaways
  • A $6.60 cleaning product available at Woolworths and Coles, Domestos, is being praised for its mould-removing capabilities.
  • Cleaning and laundry expert Amelia Liddy Sudbury recommends using thick bleach and old towel rags to wipe mould away easily.
  • Amelia highlighted that Domestos, being a thick consistency, clings to walls, making cleaning simpler and more effective.
  • The cleaning video posted by Amelia has gone viral, and many viewers affirmed the effectiveness of using thick bleach for cleaning tasks.
Have you tried Domestos, or do you have another go-to product for tackling household grime? Share your thoughts and tips in the comments below!

Reactions: Marj53
Sponsored
I always have domestic in my cleaning kit, have been using it for a long, long time. It does save a lot of scrubbing.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Aldi have a similar one. Super cheap,larger bottle and works better. IMHO