SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #357 - 17/05/2024

Question 1: Who holds the record for most career home runs in Major League Baseball?

Barry Bonds hit 762 career home runs, surpassing Hank Aaron's previous record of 755 in 2007. However, Bonds' record is controversial due to alleged steroid use during his playing career.

Question 2: Where was the poet Maya Angelou born?

Maya Angelou was born Marguerite Annie Johnson on April 4, 1928 in St. Louis, Missouri. She was an acclaimed American poet, memoirist, and civil rights activist known for her series of seven autobiographies and poetry collections.

Question 3: If the human body was stretched out, which organ would be the longest?

The small intestine is on average 20 feet long when relaxed, but can stretch up to 30 feet when fully extended. It is the longest internal organ in the human body.

Question 4: Who is the legendary outlaw hero of English folklore, famous for robbing from the rich and giving to the poor?

While the historicity of Robin Hood is not conclusively proven, the legend is deeply ingrained in English folklore. The earliest known references to Robin Hood appear in 14th century ballads and tales.

Question 5: Which mammal has the longest gestation period?

Female elephants have a gestation period of up to 22 months, the longest of any mammal. Elephants are the largest land mammals and give birth to the biggest babies on earth.

Question 6: Who was the first host of the late-night talk show "The Tonight Show"?

Steve Allen hosted "The Tonight Show" from 1954 to 1957. He was a pioneer of the late-night talk show format and paved the way for future hosts like Jack Paar and Johnny Carson.

Question 7: Which US President served the shortest term in office?

William Henry Harrison was the 9th President of the United States. He died from pneumonia just 31 days after his inauguration, serving the shortest tenure in U.S. presidential history.

Question 8: Where is a shrimp's heart located?

A shrimp's heart is located in its head, just behind its eyes. It pumps blood from the head backwards through the body. Shrimp also have an open circulatory system, meaning the blood flows more freely through their bodies compared to humans.

Question 9: Who designed the famous Fallingwater house in Pennsylvania?

Fallingwater is considered one of the finest examples of organic architecture, designed to integrate seamlessly with the natural landscape. The house was built partly over a waterfall on Bear Run in the Mill Run section of Stewart Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania.

Question 10: In the TV series "Friends", what was the name of Joey's stuffed penguin?

Hugsy was Joey's "bedtime penguin pal". The stuffed animal was originally supposed to be a limited gag, but Joey's attachment to Hugsy became a long-running joke throughout the series.

You got answers correct

• Love
Reactions: Giovanna57
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #357
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Second guessed myself on the two I got wrong…should have stayed true to my gut feelings!! 😊

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #357
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Quest
ion 10: 🟥

Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #357
Question 1: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #357
Question 10: 🟩

Second guessed myself on the two I got wrong…should have stayed true to my gut feelings!! 😊
Should've stayed with your small intestine....

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #357
Question 2: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Equal ever worst score. Having 60% of the questions directly concerning f**king USA, what chance did I have? Same as my score....

Why are 6 of the 10 questions American and none atre Australian? If you can't include Australian questions, I'll have to sytop playimg it as it's toooo annoying!

Reactions: cardie