Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
GOT lucky

just scraped over the half way mark with a measly six......woe is me in my old age 😂

SDC Trivia Game #112 - 15/09/2023

Question 1: Who is depicted on the Great Seal of the United States?

The bald eagle, a symbol of American strength and freedom, is depicted on the Great Seal of the United States. The eagle holds an olive branch and a cluster of thirteen arrows, representing peace and war respectively.

Question 2: If a vehicle is referred to as a "semi," what is it shorthand for?

The term "semi" is short for semi-trailer truck, a type of trailer without a front axle. A large proportion of its weight is supported by a tractor unit, detatchable front axle assembly known as a dolly, or the tail of another trailer.

Question 3: How many versions of the painting 'The Scream' did Edvard Munch create?

Edvard Munch created four versions of 'The Scream', a famous expressionist painting. The versions were created using different mediums including paint, pastels, and a lithograph stone. The first was painted in 1893.

Question 4: How long is a day on Mars, in Earth time?

A Mars day, also called a "sol", is slightly longer than an Earth day. It is about 24 hours and 37 minutes long. This is due to the slight difference in the speed at which the two planets rotate on their axis.

Question 5: The novel "Moby Dick" primarily takes place aboard what ship?

Moby Dick, written by Herman Melville, largely takes place on the whaling ship named The Pequod. Captain Ahab, who obsessively seeks revenge on the white whale Moby Dick, commands the ship.

Question 6: Who is the founder of e-commerce giant, Amazon?

Amazon was founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, originally as an online bookstore. It evolved to become the world's largest online retailer and major player in various industries including cloud computing and entertainment.

Question 7: Why is King Midas famous in Greek Mythology?

In Greek mythology, King Midas is remembered for his ability to turn everything he touched into gold. This was a result of him being granted a wish from the god Dionysus. Despite its initial appeal, this gift turned into a curse as he realized he couldn't eat or drink anything, and even turned his beloved daughter into gold.

Question 8: When was the World Wide Web invented?

The World Wide Web was invented in 1989 by Sir Tim Berners-Lee, a British computer scientist, while working at CERN in Switzerland. However, it only became publicly available in August 1991.

Question 9: Where in the human body would you find the medulla oblongata?

The medulla oblongata is a part of the hindbrain that controls functions such as heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, and reflexes like vomiting, sneezing, and coughing.

Question 10: Where was the oldest known human settlement, Çatalhöyük, discovered?

Çatalhöyük is a Neolithic site located in what is now Turkey and dates back to approximately 7500 BC, making it one of the earliest settlements in human history. It is particularly notable for its well-preserved mud-brick houses and intricate wall paintings.

You got answers correct
FIRST TIME I GOT 80%. MUST HAVE CHEATED!

Yipppeeeeeeee! I did it! 9 plus one correct guess lol

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #112
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩