Major milk brand's products disappear from Woolworths and Coles shelves

Almond milk enthusiasts across Australia are in for a surprise: Their favourite brand may soon be missing from the shelves of major supermarkets like Woolworths and Coles.

The decision comes after the company issued a statement declaring that its products were ‘no longer competitive or profitable’ in these markets.

This announcement has left many consumers bewildered and disappointed, as the brand has been a popular choice for those seeking dairy alternatives, particularly for individuals with dairy allergies or lactose intolerance.

In an unexpected move, Blue Diamond Growers, the suppliers of Almond Breeze, have decided to cease distribution of their almond milk products in Australia and New Zealand, effective immediately.

The company expressed their intention to focus on other countries where Almond Breeze is the ‘#1 almond beverage with a dedicated consumer base’.

It was reported that both Woolworths and Coles were previously informed by the company of the decision to withdraw their products from sale in their stores.

310543523_5391361120959536_7729842037643335325_n.jpg
Almond Breeze milk products will be discontinued in Australian and New Zealand stores once the current stock runs out. Credits: Facebook / Almond Breeze Australia

In an announcement to retailers and customers, the company confirmed that it ‘will be removing the following Blue Diamond products from all Australian & New Zealand retailer locations’.

‘We intend to sell the remaining inventory held by our licensee, Grocery Corporation Pty Ltd, trading as GC Brands, and various retailers until stock is depleted to allow for future planning by our customers,’ the company said.

‘Blue Diamond Growers appreciate and value our customer and business relationships in Australia and New Zealand; however, Blue Diamond has come to a crossroads where the product offerings are no longer competitive or profitable.’

‘While we regret any inconvenience this announcement may cause, we are eager to focus our attention on other territories where Almond Breeze remains the #1 almond beverage with a dedicated consumer base,’ they added.

The withdrawal will see the following Blue Diamond products disappear from Australian and New Zealand stores:

The company has confirmed that it will sell the remaining inventory through its licensee, Grocery Corporation Pty Ltd, trading as GC Brands, and various retailers until stock is depleted.

The news struck a chord with loyal customers, many of whom have shared their dismay on social media.

‘It’s the only milk my dairy allergy kid will drink,’ one shopper commented.

Another remarked, ‘Oh my goodness! My daughter loves the chocolate milk.’

‘Can’t get her to drink any other brand and plain milk is apparently disgusting! Apologies to everyone out there but I am going to be stocking up.’

‘Oh wow. Might check local supermarket if they have on discount if any left,’ a third chimed.

‘Maybe if it wasn’t so freaking expensive then they may sell more,’ another added.

It was reported that Blue Diamond Growers has yet to comment further regarding the situation.

Following the announcement that Almond Breeze products will no longer be available in Woolworths and Coles, many consumers are left wondering about the best alternatives for their dietary needs.

This change sparked a broader discussion about the quality and safety of the milk alternatives available in the market.

Concerns about potential contaminants in popular milk products have been raised, leading experts to weigh in on the healthiest options.

One such expert recently revealed that your favourite milk might be laced with pesticides, prompting a closer look at safer alternatives.
Key Takeaways
  • Almond Breeze milk products will no longer be available in Australian and New Zealand stores after current stock is sold.
  • Blue Diamond Growers, suppliers of Almond Breeze, stated their products were 'no longer competitive or profitable' in these markets.
  • The withdrawal of Blue Diamond products from Australian & New Zealand markets will continue until the inventory held by the licensee, GC Brands, is depleted.
  • Consumers expressed disappointment at the news, with many considering Almond Breeze their preferred milk alternative, and some planning to stock up on the product before it disappears from shelves.
What are your thoughts on Almond Breeze's departure? Have you found a worthy replacement? Join the conversation below and let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
For all of you who were negative and didn't care about this milk, let me tell you there are alot of people who have dairy allergies and cant have cows milk.

5 of my 19 grandchildren use almond or oat milk because of anaphylactic reaction to dairy .

We use this brand and others , I use either oat milk or almond milk when also cooking for them.

Did you know that Cows milk isn't for humans . I've read alot of articles that have said cows milk is for cows.

When people have severe allergies they need to live with the knowledge that eating or drinking ingredients something can actually kill them.

My daughters recently went on a Carnival cruise . The restaurant on board was told my 2 year old granddaughter had dairy allergies and asked to please makesure it had no dairy.
Unfortunately something she ate had dairy and she had an anaphylactic reaction.

They rushed her to the medical centre in board . She was limb , not breathing and grey. The doctor gave oxygen and wouldn't give adrenalin.
My daughter ran back to the room and grabbed her epic pen ( first time they never had it on them)

This daughter is a nurse and went above that doctor and gave her the epi pen. Between this and the oxygen she was OK.

The doctor was a south American doctor and has different ideas , so maybe be warned going on a cruise and their doctors

Reactions: DLHM and Marilynne
My only taste of Soy coffee had the same results. DISGUSTING. I often wondered Veg how they milk an almond or oat I know how to milk a cow and sheep but a nut....THEY MUST BE NUTS.
Making homemade almond milk starts with soaking almonds overnight in cool water. The water is then drained out and the almonds are added to a blender along with fresh water and any additional add-ins (such as dates for sweetness or vanilla, cacao powder, or berries for flavor variations).

Reactions: DLHM
Some of us do not have a choice. Dietary issues prohibit the consumption of cow's milk. I am not a fan of Soy milk, can't consume cow's milk, nor oat milk, only leaves me with almond milk - plenty of brands on the market.
see if you can find someone with sheep or goats. Sheep milk is sweet so you don't need sugar and many babies, inc my youngest son (now in his 50s) are put onto goats milk. I can recommend both. Good luck

Reactions: Marilynne
10 CONFIRMED FACTS WHY COWS MILK ISNT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
Screenshot_20240519_085325_Gallery.jpg

1. Broken bones and bone loss

In a Swedish medical study, women who consumed large quantities of dairy milk daily were more likely to sustain fractures than those who drank little to no milk. Instead of promoting bone health, animal protein in dairy products can have a calcium-leaching effect.

2. Prostate cancer

Some evidence suggests that the consumption of milk and other dairy products leads to an increased risk of prostate cancer. Conversely, dairy-free diets have been followed to slow the progress of prostate cancer.

3. Lactose intolerance

Cow’s milk contains a sugar called lactose that can be difficult for people to digest, resulting in symptoms such as nausea, cramps, gas, bloating, and diarrhea. It can also develop later in life and result in months of worsening symptoms.

4. Acne

In multiple studies, the consumption of all types of cow’s milk was linked to an increased prevalence and severity of acne in both boys and girls.

5. Cholesterol

A single serving of milk can contain as much as 24 mg of cholesterol, whereas vegan food has no cholesterol

6. Ovarian cancer

A Swedish study showed that women who consumed four or more servings of dairy products each day were twice as likely to develop serous ovarian cancer as those who consumed two or fewer servings of dairy products each day.

7. Milk allergies

Unlike lactose intolerance, milk allergies, usually in young children, are characterised by potentially strong and dangerous reactions, such as vomiting or anaphylaxis

8. Antibiotics

Many cows are pumped full of antibiotics. This practice is leading to antibiotic-resistant bacteria, which may decrease the effectiveness of antibiotics used on humans.

9. Saturated fat

A single serving of whole milk can contain more than 20 percent of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of saturated fat, but even 1 percent milk has 8 percent of the RDA. If you consume three servings of whole milk, you’re already at 60 percent for the day, even before eating any food.

10. Weight gain

Despite industry claims, a study of more than 12,000 children showed that the more milk they drank, the more weight they gained, and skim and 1 percent milk appeared, counter-intuitively, to lead to more weight gain than drinking 2 percent or whole milk. The study also found that replacing soda with milk did not lead to weight loss

Screenshot_20240519_085332_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Chays
10 CONFIRMED FACTS WHY COWS MILK ISNT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
View attachment 48808

1. Broken bones and bone loss

In a Swedish medical study, women who consumed large quantities of dairy milk daily were more likely to sustain fractures than those who drank little to no milk. Instead of promoting bone health, animal protein in dairy products can have a calcium-leaching effect.

2. Prostate cancer

Some evidence suggests that the consumption of milk and other dairy products leads to an increased risk of prostate cancer. Conversely, dairy-free diets have been followed to slow the progress of prostate cancer.

3. Lactose intolerance

Cow’s milk contains a sugar called lactose that can be difficult for people to digest, resulting in symptoms such as nausea, cramps, gas, bloating, and diarrhea. It can also develop later in life and result in months of worsening symptoms.

4. Acne

In multiple studies, the consumption of all types of cow’s milk was linked to an increased prevalence and severity of acne in both boys and girls.

5. Cholesterol

A single serving of milk can contain as much as 24 mg of cholesterol, whereas vegan food has no cholesterol

6. Ovarian cancer

A Swedish study showed that women who consumed four or more servings of dairy products each day were twice as likely to develop serous ovarian cancer as those who consumed two or fewer servings of dairy products each day.

7. Milk allergies

Unlike lactose intolerance, milk allergies, usually in young children, are characterised by potentially strong and dangerous reactions, such as vomiting or anaphylaxis

8. Antibiotics

Many cows are pumped full of antibiotics. This practice is leading to antibiotic-resistant bacteria, which may decrease the effectiveness of antibiotics used on humans.

9. Saturated fat

A single serving of whole milk can contain more than 20 percent of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of saturated fat, but even 1 percent milk has 8 percent of the RDA. If you consume three servings of whole milk, you’re already at 60 percent for the day, even before eating any food.

10. Weight gain

Despite industry claims, a study of more than 12,000 children showed that the more milk they drank, the more weight they gained, and skim and 1 percent milk appeared, counter-intuitively, to lead to more weight gain than drinking 2 percent or whole milk. The study also found that replacing soda with milk did not lead to weight loss

View attachment 48809
sorry Suzanne but I never saw you as one to get sucked into this rubbish.

ANTIBIOTICs I'm highly allergic to most drugs including these.
BROKEN BONES..I broke my ankle last year, Does this count?
CHOLESTEROL..... my family are quite capable of making plenty of our own.
WEIGHT GAIN..... I weigh 60.2ks
I do hope this hasn't upset you.
Have a good day

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me, but what does surprise me is how long it's taken manufacturers to wake up to the buying tactics and in-store charges used by the major supermarkets. The number of companies they have bankrupted and their obscene profits and price gouging need to be investigated and fast!

Last edited:
Jing,
There is a hell more to this than profitability.
Knowing some on how this Two Duo-monopoly play, the squeeze on the actual supplier had become too overwhelming to continue.
Woolies and Coles only care about the bottom line, how they get there is of little consequences. They either squeeze the supplies on cost, increase shelf prices or combine both to achieve their goal.
The main point here is, we as consumers have the power which we don’t excise.
If and when prices increase in alarming fashion, “Do Not Buy The Item”, let it collect dust, till the price is reduced or the item removed.
That is the single best and strongest massage you can sent to any retailer.
By not buying a certain product you are not hurting the seller, you are crucifying the manufacturer. The buying power of the two majors is so great, they control the market.

Reactions: gamiry
I use different brands of Almond milk. I didn't like the Blue Diamond brand. Almond milk is quite good when used as a dairy replacement. It is the closest to milk as far as taste goes. The others are way off.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
People think these non dairy Milks are Superior ,reading the contents you will often find Sugars and Cancer causing Vegetable Oils in the Contents and the worry of Pestisides and GMOs
This is a lot safer than most drinks that people have. Both options have no added sugar, but one is far safer. Some people can't drink milk, so non-dairy is their only choice. Trudy, with all your worries about pesticides and GMOs, do you eat meat? They are fed on grains often covered with pesticides and regularly with GMO grains.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 0
Why do people who drink dairy milk, still drink it? Didn't you get weaned? Humans are the only mammals to drink milk once weaned from their mothers. This is unnecessary since we can get our required nutrients from other sources.

This is a lot safer than most drinks that people have. Both options have no added sugar, but one is far safer. Some people can't drink milk, so non-dairy is their only choice. Trudy, with all your worries about pesticides and GMOs, do you eat meat? They are fed on grains often covered with pesticides and regularly with GMO grains.
I have 1 zero sugar a day plus 1 coffee, 1 fruit juice and up to 6 lt water. I'm lucky, not diabetic and have no prescribed medications. After a lifetime of kidney disease, 4 different cancers and allergy to most drugs inc anaesthetic I think I'm doing ok and have always loved my milk. As I said earlier, those who cannot have cows milk should look into sheep and goats milk. Both wonderful even for babies.

Why do people who drink dairy milk, still drink it? Didn't you get weaned? Humans are the only mammals to drink milk once weaned from their mothers. This is unnecessary since we can get our required nutrients from other sources.
Please help me !!!! We drink it because we enjoy it, it's good for you, great in cooking. I could go on but I won't.

I have 1 zero sugar a day plus 1 coffee, 1 fruit juice and up to 6 lt water. I'm lucky, not diabetic and have no prescribed medications. After a lifetime of kidney disease, 4 different cancers and allergy to most drugs inc anaesthetic I think I'm doing ok and have always loved my milk. As I said earlier, those who cannot have cows milk should look into sheep and goats milk. Both wonderful even for babies.
As a child, my parents tried me on mother's milk - threw that back at her. Cows milk, I did likewise. Then we moved on to the other species, none of these sat well either. I don't like the taste of milk, I never have and never will. I have been tested, I am not allergic to it, but I do get congested after drinking it. I did tolerate goat's milk for a short time, but not for long. I have settled on almond milk and I will stick with it. Having completed my nutrition degree, I am well aware of the nutritional requirements of a good diet and know that you can have a healthy diet without dairy, fruit juice and coffee (something I gave up 12 months ago). I have gone caffeine-free. So, that includes no chocolate or soft drinks, many people don't realise that chocolate and most of their soft drinks are full of caffeine. The darker the chocolate the more caffeine it has, dark chocolate is advertised as being better for you. Don't believe everything that is advertised.

Say, 50 years ago, how many people did you know that were lactose intolerant, allergic to gluten, have an anaphylactic reaction to nuts, etc? Not many, if any, I bet!

Another "manufactured" industry by the fringe dwellers of the medical profession. Possibly those who were brought up on lysergic acid and Jefferson Airplane.

Damn hippies....

Say, 50 years ago, how many people did you know that were lactose intolerant, allergic to gluten, have an anaphylactic reaction to nuts, etc? Not many, if any, I bet!

Another "manufactured" industry by the fringe dwellers of the medical profession. Possibly those who were brought up on lysergic acid and Jefferson Airplane.

Damn hippies....
He Veg it looks like it's only believable if it comes out of a book not what's kept us alive this long.

Damn hippies....
I have asked this same question and answers I've been given are.

1. Foods including milk have more additives and preservatives added.

2. People just didn't know or were aware of these allergies. People either died or were treated with no explanation .

When my grandchildren were first diagnosed I said RUBBISH no one has dairy allergies. How very wrong I was , I have seen the affects and it is horrifying .
It has always been advised not to give babies cows milk until they are 12 months old. I now see that in itself is saying something.

He Veg it looks like it's only believable if it comes out of a book not what's kept us alive this long.
Milk allergies I never read from a book ! I have seen the serious consequences first hand involving 3 of my 5 dairy allergy grandchildren. When you see a child struggling to breath and fighting for life ,you realise how bad it is.

You are very lucky not to have experienced this. One of my daughters recently made a commitment at how lucky she is to have 3 allergy free kids

• Love