Discover the internet’s priceless reaction to this woman’s Vegemite toast: 'I would follow her into battle'

The humble Vegemite on toast—a breakfast staple that has divided Australians for generations.

Some prefer a light smear, while others slather it on thick.

It's a matter of personal preference, but it's also become a quirky litmus test of character.

This week, one man's hilarious reaction to his girlfriend's Vegemite toast has sparked a lively debate online.

The man shared a photo of his girlfriend's toast, generously coated with the iconic black spread.

SDC 6.png
A man shared an image of his girlfriend’s heavily coated Vegemite toast on social media. Image source: Reddit.

'This is how my girlfriend likes her Vegemite…can I trust her?' he half-jokingly asked.

The image quickly went viral, with Aussies weighing in on the girlfriend's Vegemite application.

The majority of comments praised the woman's bold Vegemite choice.

'Mate, looks like she’d stand shoulder to shoulder in the trenches through the worst of it. Yeah, you can trust her,' one person wrote.

Another chimed in, saying, 'I would follow her into battle. Nothing [fazes] her, and she would go to hell and back without any fear.'

'The real question is, can she trust you? Her trustworthiness is not in doubt…'

Others labelled her 'a keeper' and urged the man to 'marry her'.

However, a few voices of caution emerged, not questioning her trustworthiness, but rather the financial implications of her Vegemite habit.

'The real question is if you can afford to sustain her Vegemite habits in this economy,' one person quipped.

This isn't the first time Vegemite consumption has sparked debate.

In 2020, actor Tom Hanks caused a stir when he posted a photo of his toast, heavily laden with Vegemite.

Many Aussies expressed concern that the American actor had overdone it with the notoriously strong-flavoured spread.
Key Takeaways

• A woman has been humorously praised online for her heavy application of Vegemite on toast, indicating a solid character, according to some users.
  • Her partner shared an image of the thickly coated Vegemite toast online, questioning if he could trust her because of it.
  • Many commenters supported the heavy Vegemite use, joking that it showcased trustworthiness and strength.
  • A few cautioned about the potential cost of her Vegemite consumption in light of the current economy, making light of the widespread Australian debate on the proper amount of Vegemite to use.
What's your take on the Vegemite debate, members? Do you have a preferred way of eating this iconic spread? Share your thoughts and tips in the comments below.

Last edited:
Sponsored
Cramps are usually from lack of magnesium in the diet that’s why your legs cramp up so the magnesium tablets work very well for me before bed.Try them better than ingesting too much salt and better for your health.😊
I'm going to try magnesium tabs I have been getting awful cramps at night but mainly in the top of my foot and they take ages to go . I can't even walk them out

Reactions: Littleboy8
Oh I thought my uncle was the only one to do that. He called it vegemite broth
That's exactly what it is called. If you like chilli add that to it as well. Also, a little garlic. Keeps vampires at bay. Easier to find than pure silver too!

I supported a young lady with a disability for 22 years and if her day didn’t start with vegimite and toast you knew about it lol. I remember a staff member once gave her Nutella by mistake. She ate it through tears. He couldn’t understand what the problem was. She was trying to say ”I’ll eat it because I’m hungry but I don’t like it”. I replaced it with her usual Vegemite on toast and the happy smiles returned lol

When times were hard we would have Vegemite soup with bread it filled our bellies to sleep well and obviously we had no cramps.😍😂😂😂 Love Vegemite always will but never with cheese, what are you thinking, it is good enough to stand alone.🏆A spoonful of Vegemite helps the salt go down, in the most delightful way!😂😉😍👍

I supported a young lady with a disability for 22 years and if her day didn’t start with vegimite and toast you knew about it lol. I remember a staff member once gave her Nutella by mistake. She ate it through tears. He couldn’t understand what the problem was. She was trying to say ”I’ll eat it because I’m hungry but I don’t like it”. I replaced it with her usual Vegemite on toast and the happy smiles returned lol
🏆👏

Poor thing, Nutella isn't a good substitute for our vegemite. A lot of English born people like marmite. It's made from animal products(?), God knows what exactly whereas our vegemite is vegetable matter. Completely different and i don't particularly like marmite. I don't particularly like Nutella either. As an aside my late mum's doctor believed that if she ate vegemite, it may do her some good. It's not what took her away and in fact may have kept her on earth a little longer.

Reactions: Bob’s Buddy
Poor thing, Nutella isn't a good substitute for our vegemite. A lot of English born people like marmite. It's made from animal products(?), God knows what exactly whereas our vegemite is vegetable matter. Completely different and i don't particularly like marmite. I don't particularly like Nutella either. As an aside my late mum's doctor believed that if she ate vegemite, it may do her some good. It's not what took her away and in fact may have kept her on earth a little longer.
Interesting.

My daughter was here with our Granddaughter some years ago & l spread Vegemite thick on my toast. My daughter's remark to my Granddaughter was, 'tell Grandad you like Vegemite too but not that thick'.

To each his own. I have even been known to eat it by the teaspoonful straight from the jar, & not stopping at one teaspoon either.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I grew up on vegemite, for 73 yrs have smothered it on my toast and often eat it by the teaspoon.. last yr I went to UK for a 9 week holiday catching up with family - took 3 jars of vegemite with me - all the lower salt blue label range.
Even my two cats love to lick vegemite off my finger.
🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛😻

Reactions: Ezzy and Littleboy8
I love, love, love Vegemite and grew up having it in sandwiches, on bread and on my toast, still have it daily but only a smear across the toast or bread, everything in moderation

Reactions: Ezzy
Thanks for this tip, might try it, not sure how I’ll go eating a spoonful as I don’t like too much at once. But hey, if it makes me sick the getting up and down out of bed running to the bathroom will fix the leg cramps.
Short on magnesium - buy a bottle and ditch the Halal-certified crap.