Cher stuns everyone with her 'barely-there' red carpet look!

Pop culture icon Cher continues defying expectations with her singing and bold fashion choices that are as legendary as her music.

The 77-year-old star behind the hit 'Believe' once again turned heads with her latest appearance as she paid a stunning tribute to her long-time friend and collaborator, Bob Mackie.

The red carpet premiere of Bob Mackie: Naked Illusion took place at the Directors Guild of America.

The film celebrated the life and career of the 84-year-old fashion designer—a pivotal figure in Cher's unique and cutting-edge style early into her career.

compressed-cher and bob mackie.jpeg
Cher graced the red carpet premiere for Bob Mackie’s documentary Bob Mackie: Naked Illusion. Image Credit: Steve Granitz

The star-studded premiere became the perfect backdrop for Cher to showcase her ageless beauty in a Mackie creation—a black and nude illusion jumpsuit paired with a leather coat.

The outfit—clad in flame cutouts and a buckle detailing on the hip—was a bold statement piece that complimented Cher's confidence and stature.

Cher's working relationship with Mackie dates back to 1971.

The two first met during a fitting for the TV special The First Nine Months, in which Cher worked with her former husband, Sonny Bono.

'I see this bloke over my shoulder walking in the door, and he's beautiful. I turned around, and there was this tall, kind of Adonis-looking bloke with curly blonde hair and a suntan. I went, "You're so much younger than I thought you'd be,"' she recounted as she met Mackie for the first time.

'He said, "You're so much thinner than I thought you'd be," and it was like that from then on.'

compressed-cfda.jpeg
Cher and Bob Mackie's friendship and professional relationship has spanned over decades. Image Credit: CFDA

A 'match made in heaven' according to Cher, they have been an inseparable duo ever since.

Cher graced red carpets in Mackie's designs throughout her career, from the Met Gala to her midriff-baring ensemble with a feather headpiece at the 1986 Oscars.

Mackie also noted how Cher's fashion choices set trends and pushed boundaries.

'Nobody was even allowed to design a halter dress until Cher started wearing them on Sonny & Cher, and then suddenly they were in everybody's collection,' he shared.

Cher's personal life has also been a topic of fascination, as she recently confirmed her relationship with 36-year-old producer Alexander Edwards, with engagement rumours spreading about.

Cher addresses the age gap candidly and explained that men her age were either too intimidated or 'now they're all dead', leading her to date younger men bold enough to approach her.

Cher's romantic history is as storied as her career. She married Sonny Bono and Gregg Allman and had several other relationships.

Yet, through all the ups and downs, Cher remains unapologetic and genuine to herself—a trailblazer in music, fashion, and life.

Cher's story reminds us of her timeless spirit and the impact she continues to have on the entertainment and fashion industries.

Her ability to surprise and inspire is unparalleled, and her partnership with Bob Mackie remains one of the most iconic in fashion history.
Key Takeaways

• Cher paid homage to iconic fashion designer Bob Mackie at the premiere of his documentary, wearing a striking jumpsuit he designed.
  • The ageless pop icon revealed a longstanding friendship and professional relationship with Mackie, as they have worked together since 1971.
  • Cher consistently wore Mackie's designs on red carpets over the years, setting several fashion industry trends.
  • Cher confirmed her relationship with 36-year-old music producer Alexander Edwards and openly discussed the age gap in their relationship.
What do you think of Cher's latest look? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
As much talent as my deceased grandmother's little toenail. Her only claim to infamy was her straddling a 16 inch gun on the battleship USS Missouri!

It was evident that the USS Missouri was not aroused....

Reactions: DLHM
As much talent as my deceased grandmother's little toenail. Her only claim to infamy was her straddling a 16 inch gun on the battleship USS Missouri!

It was evident that the USS Missouri was not aroused....
Got to say that you’re the only member that annoys me so far, you obviously have lots to say but more often than not quite narrow minded. Takes a lone time for me to make such a remark, it’s not nice and not like me!
Sorry but had to say it. I do like name though and have figured out that you’re male. Happy weekend!

Got to say that you’re the only member that annoys me so far, you obviously have lots to say but more often than not quite narrow minded. Takes a lone time for me to make such a remark, it’s not nice and not like me!
Sorry but had to say it. I do like name though and have figured out that you’re male. Happy weekend!
l like Cher but not the way she dresses .lt seems to be the thing over there showing everything you've got and no decency. When she was entertained the troupes she looked disgusting and left nothing to the imagination.

• Haha
Reactions: NotNats
l like Cher but not the way she dresses .lt seems to be the thing over there showing everything you've got and no decency. When she was entertained the troupes she looked disgusting and left nothing to the imagination.
Wouldn’t know any of that but in general can’t stand little dressed people hanging it all out.
find it distasteful too and shudder about our youth… with her she can actually pull it off.
cant believe she’s the age she is since usually the hands and neck show it1
Someone tighten my neck, the rest I’m happy with 😂
can‘t quite believe I made that remark, the pot over boiled no doubt. Actually embarrassed but hey!

I think we should all take even just one leaf out of her book….She’s lived life her way and won’t apologise for it…….She does not cater to those who think she shouldn’t dress the way she does, or act the way they think she should. We are here for a limited time, so wear what you would like to wear, dance in the middle of a rainfall if you like………don’t be the kind of person that other people want or expect you to be…….Good friends and people who love you with stand by you………..all of the rest don’t matter…… ❤️

• Love
Reactions: NotNats and Lolali
do you not look at the wives of sports people.?