‘Joe, you’re a troublemaker’: Sunrise’s Nat Barr slams Joe Hildebrand live on-air over controversial royal jokes

‘Joe, you’re a troublemaker’: Sunrise’s Nat Barr slams Joe Hildebrand live on-air over controversial royal jokes
Joe Hildebrand's off-colour royal jokes have triggered Sunrise host Nat Barr to shut him down during his guest appearance on the Sunrise breakfast show.

XHN-0eHYlkIcihplVY-0PBPVFY_AcU-xyDMZCstar4nckji7IicUhHv28_wET6S3boi6wBBmJpsKkhXrHNr7VgKpmj6Q8JK3bZe7GLA08aebQG6lUcNrqn3hMqK9g537ThFk1bM

Nat Barr swiftly shuts down Joe Hildebrand after he made off-colour royal jokes live on-air during his guesting on Channel Seven’s Sunrise. Credit: Channel Seven.
The former Studio 10 star spoke with Nat alongside Sea FM host Bianca Dye about the two heirs apparent, Prince Charles and Prince William, who recently showed their support for climate action at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow.

During the trio's discussion, Hildebrand made an off-putting comment regarding the British monarchy's line of succession and Scottish people.

“It’s good to see the Queen doing better than her namesake, Elizabeth I, and think about the future because as we all know, Elizabeth I’s great failing - one of very few it has to be said - was to not produce an heir,” he began.

“Which meant that James VI from Scotland became James I from England and took over the British throne, and we all know what happens when the Scots get involved in those sorts of things, it never ends well.”

Nat Barr quickly called out Joe, telling him that he would be dealing with inevitable backlash from fans about his comments.

“Okay, you’re answering the emails from all our Scottish viewers, Joe,” she said.

She then laughed while telling the former Studio 10 star to 'get off'.

8ArkWVDua1ZKCrxBif3qnKB4F-_MOU6zDDPypfSoaDerhzZwq4Pe62F6-QJNFbo1MdNIT23xrTw-DckxhJOdjZ_0dYVSl65N0evLHEXPbELWMMdldA3NypdM9otBDu2AK3Q1ItA

The trio were talking about the involvement of the royal family at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow when Joe Hildebrand made controversial jokes about the royal family. Credit: Channel Seven.

However, the former TV presenter continued with his controversial remarks as the conversation progressed.

After Sea FM host Bianca Dye commented on the absence of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who have been vocal in their support to the fight for climate action, from the conference, Joe suggested a different member of the royal family should take part instead.

Joe slyly said: “Maybe Prince Andrew? What’s he up to these days?”

It can be noted that Prince Andrew was recently laid with a civil lawsuit for allegedly sexually assaulting 17-year-old Virginia Robert Giuffre who filed the case.

Nat Barr was quick to reply saying: "Joe, you're a troublemaker," before shutting him down.

What do you think of these comments? Are they harmless or problematic?

Sponsored
I found at times when I watched Joe that he seems to say things and wait for a reaction. The feelings and family of people, regardless of how famous they are, are not there for cheap laughs. So many things these days are so negative, we need to be more considerate of everyone. And as has been said, "if you cant say something nice, say nothing at all".

I found at times when I watched Joe that he seems to say things and wait for a reaction. The feelings and family of people, regardless of how famous they are, are not there for cheap laughs. So many things these days are so negative, we need to be more considerate of everyone. And as has been said, "if you cant say something nice, say nothing at all".
I certainly agree with you, Is your own life/ancestry so pure that you can afford to malign others simply because theirs is there for all to see?

Joe Hildebrand's off-colour royal jokes have triggered Sunrise host Nat Barr to shut him down during his guest appearance on the Sunrise breakfast show.

XHN-0eHYlkIcihplVY-0PBPVFY_AcU-xyDMZCstar4nckji7IicUhHv28_wET6S3boi6wBBmJpsKkhXrHNr7VgKpmj6Q8JK3bZe7GLA08aebQG6lUcNrqn3hMqK9g537ThFk1bM

Nat Barr swiftly shuts down Joe Hildebrand after he made off-colour royal jokes live on-air during his guesting on Channel Seven’s Sunrise. Credit: Channel Seven.
The former Studio 10 star spoke with Nat alongside Sea FM host Bianca Dye about the two heirs apparent, Prince Charles and Prince William, who recently showed their support for climate action at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow.

During the trio's discussion, Hildebrand made an off-putting comment regarding the British monarchy's line of succession and Scottish people.

“It’s good to see the Queen doing better than her namesake, Elizabeth I, and think about the future because as we all know, Elizabeth I’s great failing - one of very few it has to be said - was to not produce an heir,” he began.

“Which meant that James VI from Scotland became James I from England and took over the British throne, and we all know what happens when the Scots get involved in those sorts of things, it never ends well.”

Nat Barr quickly called out Joe, telling him that he would be dealing with inevitable backlash from fans about his comments.

“Okay, you’re answering the emails from all our Scottish viewers, Joe,” she said.

She then laughed while telling the former Studio 10 star to 'get off'.

8ArkWVDua1ZKCrxBif3qnKB4F-_MOU6zDDPypfSoaDerhzZwq4Pe62F6-QJNFbo1MdNIT23xrTw-DckxhJOdjZ_0dYVSl65N0evLHEXPbELWMMdldA3NypdM9otBDu2AK3Q1ItA

The trio were talking about the involvement of the royal family at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow when Joe Hildebrand made controversial jokes about the royal family. Credit: Channel Seven.

However, the former TV presenter continued with his controversial remarks as the conversation progressed.

After Sea FM host Bianca Dye commented on the absence of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who have been vocal in their support to the fight for climate action, from the conference, Joe suggested a different member of the royal family should take part instead.

Joe slyly said: “Maybe Prince Andrew? What’s he up to these days?”

It can be noted that Prince Andrew was recently laid with a civil lawsuit for allegedly sexually assaulting 17-year-old Virginia Robert Giuffre who filed the case.

Nat Barr was quick to reply saying: "Joe, you're a troublemaker," before shutting him down.

What do you think of these comments? Are they harmless or problematic?
Nat ..you are a Fuddy Duddy. Joe just says what most of us think. Lighten up.

• Sad
Reactions: Vinylted
Joe is like any other tradesman (journalist) who has an opinion , worth as much as my mechanics opinion or my barber so for peace sake allow him to express it regardless of it not being the same as yours and probably stupid, What is stupid is giving an opinion any strength by downgrading any other opinion