Goodbloke

Oct 12, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
YouTube Oldies Music

A list of the greatest Songs by 60s One-Hit Wonders. Big bands, the wall of sound, the British Invasion, those were great times.
A few songs are a bit wobbly but to be honest my shaky old transistor sounded just like this and takes me back under my bedclothes at night with my ear pressed close hoping the battery stays alive.
Personally I think the title may be misleading in that many of these artists /groups had more than one hit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lindyloo
This guy Mick Hucknall is one of the best voices in the world it's like a good wine and the music is timeless.
A perfecty arranged and passionated performance in a beautiful location.
If you are older you probably know most of the tracks.
The way this concert was filmed was simply cinematic.
The lighting, camera angles and the whole performance was fantastic, the strings magic, piano beautiful
I only planned on watching one song and ended up watching the whole concert.

01. 00:01:05 A Song For You
02. 00:05:23 Your Mirror
03. 00:09:44 Stars
04. 00:14:06 For Your Babies
05. 00:18:41 So Beautiful
06. 00:23:34 Smile
07. 00:26:55 Home
08. 00:30:54 Sad Old Red
09. 00:37:29 Holding Back The Years
10. 00:42:02 It's Only Love
11. 00:46:31 More
12. 00:50:50 Love Fire
13. 00:55:05 Sunrise
14. 00:58:34 The Right Thing
15. 01:03:17 Come To My Aid
16. 01:07:47 Perfect Love
17. 01:11:38 Fairground
18. 01:17:33 Something Got Me Started
19. 01:22:43 If You Don't Know Me By Now

@Goodbloke how do you feel about the newer music of today?
I love the new music of today that appeals to my inner soul. Lots of artists today provide great music, others tho are very hit and miss, one good tune is not followed by another, however I listen to a range of music genre, I do have no great like for rap, nor heavy metal, in the most part, however as always there are exceptions, always listen with an open mind, a lot of messages sent to us come thru music.

The sixties onward ahhh, my children's music growing up, I grew to like a lot, but my tastes were originated in the 30's and 40's Big Band then Jazz. Good singers, but especially songs and singers where you could understand the lyrics & if moved to sing along with. Most modern music this does cannot happen sigh. :)

Reactions: Goodbloke
I love the new music of today that appeals to my inner soul. Lots of artists today provide great music, others tho are very hit and miss, one good tune is not followed by another, however I listen to a range of music genre, I do have no great like for rap, nor heavy metal, in the most part, however as always there are exceptions, always listen with an open mind, a lot of messages sent to us come thru music.
It's great to know that you aren't one of those people who's just closed off to the newer music. Do you have any favourite artists from the last few decades?

The sixties onward ahhh, my children's music growing up, I grew to like a lot, but my tastes were originated in the 30's and 40's Big Band then Jazz. Good singers, but especially songs and singers where you could understand the lyrics & if moved to sing along with. Most modern music this does cannot happen sigh. :)
I actually haven't listened to a lot of songs from back then. BUT I really love old Hollywood. Some of my favourite music comes from old black and white films. Do you have any favourite artists from then that you could recommend?

It's great to know that you aren't one of those people who's just closed off to the newer music. Do you have any favourite artists from the last few decades?
Yes, there are many, Black Eyed Peas, Delta Goodrem, Pink, Simply Red, Paul Kelly, Neil Diamond, John Cash, Elton John, Phil Collins, Eagles, CCR, Jewel, just to name a few that quickly dropped into my head.

Yes, there are many, Black Eyed Peas, Delta Goodrem, Pink, Simply Red, Paul Kelly, Neil Diamond, John Cash, Elton John, Phil Collins, Eagles, CCR, Jewel, just to name a few that quickly dropped into my head.
I really liked Black Eyed Peas too but apparently that's an unpopular opinion. They just kind of disappeared off the music scene. I love Phil Collins! The crazy thing is that there is so much music out there, it's impossible to pick a favourite.

I really liked Black Eyed Peas too but apparently that's an unpopular opinion. They just kind of disappeared off the music scene. I love Phil Collins! The crazy thing is that there is so much music out there, it's impossible to pick a favourite.
You don't need favourites, there are too many, enjoy them all. :D