Votes: 45 50.6%

• Total voters
SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Your Say Poll: What's your favourite type of cuisine?

Hello hello! Happy Sunday :D

Last week we had a bit of a heavier topic, so I thought we’d keep it light this week.

You likely already know that we provide two recipes a day, one in our morning newsletter and one in the afternoon newsletter. So we thought it would be great to learn what your favourite cuisine is.

We’ve included quite a few options but feel free to comment below too! I’d also love to hear the WHY and which dish swayed it to be the winner.

I love the traditional Aussie Roast with lots of vegies and baked potatoes cooked in the same pan as the meat .

I love the old school bread n butter pudding and the baked rice pudding

I also love Chinese stir-fry and fried rice. love dishes that are loaded with a variety of coloured vegies and thinly sliced meat.

I also love Mexican but not too hot, I love enchiladas and tacos .

I love these all equally.

How lucky we are to have so much variety .

I remember growing up it was Roast n vegies, snags n veg or chops n veg . Had Chinese on a Saturday night if my grandfather won at the races
( grandparents raised me )

Had never tried any other nationalities food until I was a young adult

I love the traditional Aussie Roast with lots of vegies and baked potatoes cooked in the same pan as the meat .

I also love Chinese stir-fry and fried rice. love dishes that are loaded with a variety of coloured vegies and thinly sliced meat.

I remember growing up it was Roast n vegies, snags n veg or chops n veg . Had Chinese on a Saturday night if my grandfather won at the races

I'll eat anything, if it's well cooked. I lost my sense of taste ages ago, so, apart from very highly flavoured food, it's all the same!! I think those who survive Coronavirus, will also experience taste deficits. I'd like to add, this is a marvellous forum. Unlike Facebook, Quora, and similar sites, no scammers, and a constant supply of information. It's a tribute to the team. Many thanks for all your hard work!!

I'll eat anything, if it's well cooked. I lost my sense of taste ages ago, so, apart from very highly flavoured food, it's all the same!! I think those who survive Coronavirus, will also experience taste deficits. I'd like to add, this is a marvellous forum. Unlike Facebook, Quora, and similar sites, no scammers, and a constant supply of information. It's a tribute to the team. Many thanks for all your hard work!!
I lost my taste n smell through my first bout of covid in Dec 2021 and have only got both back slightly I really only taste that food is either sour or sweet .

My daughter did a taste test and I was blind folded . One of the things sge gave me was lemon juice and I actually thought it was water

I love food, fortunately don't have allergies or dislikes, spicy is appreciated also quality of ingredients. Seafood is on my menu once a week, love trout as an inexpensive and delicious choice, works out at $7 for a whole fish, usually stuffed with sliced lemon and wrapped in foil, cooks quickly and is delicious.

Reactions: Suzanne rose

Last week we had a bit of a heavier topic, so I thought we’d keep it light this week.

You likely already know that we provide two recipes a day, one in our morning newsletter and one in the afternoon newsletter. So we thought it would be great to learn what your favourite cuisine is.

We’ve included quite a few options but feel free to comment below too! I’d also love to hear the WHY and which dish swayed it to be the winner.
Due to the vagaries of surgery etc. any thing I can keep down, as long as it's not spicy.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I lost my taste n smell through my first bout of covid in Dec 2021 and have only got both back slightly I really only taste that food is either sour or sweet .

My daughter did a taste test and I was blind folded . One of the things sge gave me was lemon juice and I actually thought it was water
I hope sincerely hope that you fully regain all your senses, the ones to do with taste and smell I mean. 👀👀

I hope sincerely hope that you fully regain all your senses, the ones to do with taste and smell I mean. 👀👀
I think I'm used to it now. I notice it when my daughter has a new perfume and I don't smell it straight away then I think I can smell it slightly. I will scrunch up mint from my garden and can't smell it then when I try again I will smell it slightly and then I wonder if it's my brain thinking it knows the smell.

My taste is pretty non existent , I have a bitter taste alot . When I'm eating I think it's all about texture now . It's been over 2 years now so not holding much hope.

• Sad
Reactions: whiteyangel2002
Love all foods except broad beans and pumpernickel bread! 🤣🤣 Apart from that, the spicier the better.

Having that today actually

Reactions: Mr Chips
I love Italian but lately we have been enjoying the fusion cooking restaurants, they make an old dish come back to life and they are well worth trying.

Being Married to a Lovely Lady of Italian background I am spoiled!!! There are so many variations to Italian Cooking. Think in terms of Baked Pasta not just Lasagna, Filled Pasta , Ravioli and the like , Pan fried in Butter with any Sauce you like, Diced Italian sausage Pan fried with cooked Pasta. Beans are used a lot in Casserole type dishes. YUM!

I too grew up on the Sunday Roast with vegs and continued this tradition with my children but given the choice I choose KFC. As a child our roasts varied from chicken, beef, lamb, pot roast etc. My favourite though was duck. These days with the cost of meat skyrocketing my grandkids are luck to get a roast chicken once every 3mths when they come to stay for the school holidays.

My all time fav is lambs fry and bacon, sausages with mashed potato’s served with either mushroom gravy or pepper gravy.
Also love Chinese honey chicken and also carbonara pasta with Italian sauce.
Then I can’t go past a good roast beef with all the trimmings.
Deserts are rhubarb pie with custard or pears n ice cream and then of course triffle with a touch of brandy in it.

This is a trick question to answer for me since I love prettymuch food in general..and usually eat anything that is put in front of me . (although eating steak would be the most difficult to eat these days).

I too grew up on the Sunday Roast with vegs and continued this tradition with my children but given the choice I choose KFC. As a child our roasts varied from chicken, beef, lamb, pot roast etc. My favourite though was duck. These days with the cost of meat skyrocketing my grandkids are luck to get a roast chicken once every 3mths when they come to stay for the school holidays.
I like your post but Pepe-Le-Pew is my all time hero. Love that cartoon character.

I like all food but being diabetic I have to be a bit careful so have to go easy on some of the dishes, especially from the orient.