You won't believe what's hiding in your taps: Discover the vinegar trick that's taking the internet by storm!

A spotless kitchen, a gleaming bathroom, and dust-free surfaces can bring immense satisfaction and a sense of well-being. However, often-overlooked nooks and crannies harbour more grime than we'd like to admit.

One such place is the humble tap aerator, a fixture we use multiple times a day without much thought. However, as one online personality, Linda Marie, recently discovered, it's a part that can hide a rather unsightly secret.

Upon moving in with her, Linda’s adult daughter took one look at the bathroom spout and declared it in dire need of a deep clean.

She immediately sprung into action and unveiled a game-changing cleaning trick.

An online video of the result of her cleaning revealed the shocking amount of buildup that can accumulate unnoticed.

The daughter's cleaning trick? A simple yet effective method involving a plastic bag filled with vinegar.

cleaning.png
Online personality was shocked to see the amount of grime that had built up in her taps. Image Source: TikTok / @lindamarieinmpls

The process is straightforward: mix apple cider vinegar (or, ideally, white vinegar for its stronger cleaning properties) with hot water in a plastic bag.

Secure the bag to the tap with a hair tie, ensuring the tap aerator is fully submerged.

After scrubbing the aerator, leave the bag in place for about 30 minutes.

This allows the vinegar's acidic properties to work their magic, breaking down the gunk and mineral deposits that have built up over time.

The results were nothing short of astonishing.

After applying the same cleaning technique to the kitchen tap, Linda Marie's daughter revealed the end results with a mixture of satisfaction and disgust.

‘To think I was brushing my teeth in water out of that spout,’ she reflected, a sentiment that resonated with many video viewers.

Linda’s followers were quick to express their horror and resolve to tackle their taps immediately.

‘I am going to clean mine now!' exclaimed one, while another humorously pleaded, 'OMG Linda can she come clean my house next?? I need to do this now and I'm scared.’

Another user commented, ‘Professional cleaner here. I am always amazed by the ones we clean that are so dirty. you can also take toothbrush with little bleach and scrub under it to keep from soaking and waiting.’

This vinegar bag trick isn't just for taps; it's equally effective for shower heads, where limescale and mineral buildup can impede water flow.

It's a simple, cost-effective solution that can make a significant difference in water quality and the longevity of your fixtures.

You can watch Linda's video here!

Source: TikTok / @lindamarieinmpls

Linda and her daughter’s tap cleaning trick isn’t the only way to use vinegar to clean your home.

This underrated cleaning tool can get your home sparkling when used to its full potential.

Check out our simple tips for cleaning with vinegar here!
Key Takeaways

• Linda Marie shared a video showing the results of a cleaning trick for her tap aerator which was filled with buildup.
  • The cleaning involved using a plastic bag filled with vinegar, preferably white, tied around the tap to dissolve the gunk inside the aerator.
  • The video highlighted the importance of cleaning taps regularly, as evidenced by the shocking amount of residue cleaned from Linda Marie's taps.
  • Viewers were horrified and impressed by the results, prompting them to want to clean their taps.
Have you tried this cleaning trick before? Were you as surprised by the results as Linda and her daughter? Let us know in the comments below!

Reactions: Abby2
Sponsored