You won't believe what this Aussie did at a McDonald's drive-thru!

We here at the Seniors Discount Club know better than to always rely on traditional methods of transportation when it comes to getting from A to B—it's just too costly sometimes!

And while motorbikes might be a cheap alternative, they're still not as cost-effective as, say, a horse! And one Aussie woman is leading the way when it comes to horse-powered transportation, as witnessed when she made a surprising stop at her local Macca's recently.

A video shared by the woman on social mediashowed the unusual sight of her and her horse riding up to the drive-thru window.

Unconventional as it was, the rider still declared confidently: 'It says “no pedestrians”, but it doesn't say “no horses”, so we're good,' as the horse stopped beside the menu.

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 2.57.08 PM.png
The woman was welcomed by McDonald's workers when she turned up at the drive-thru on horseback. Credit: TikTok/sme_centre.

Unsurprisingly, the staff at the cashier window was taken aback by the sight of the horse and their rider but handled the situation like a pro.

After a gentle pat on the nose, the customer made her order—and what would've normally been a standard trip to the drive-thru window quickly developed into an event. The people in the kitchen noticed and whipped out their phones to capture what was happening while the woman laughed and waved from the pickup window.

The online community was also quick to comment on the unusual video.

'I never thought I'd see someone ordering coffee from McDonald's on horseback, but here we are! This video made my day,' one user commented.

'Smiles... only in Australia,' marvelled another.

So, what inspired this amazing show of horsemanship? When asked about her courage, the woman replied cheekily with 'I have no shame', then made a cheeky joke about fuel prices as justification.

Although it's against McDonald's drive-thru policy to serve pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders (because safety is very important!), the staff on the day were willing to take the risk and bend the rules a little.

We're sure the woman provided a welcome break from their everyday routine and made a positive impression on the staff.

Key Takeaways

• A woman has surprised staff at a Queensland McDonald's by arriving at the drive-thru on a horse.
  • The video of the encounter, posted on social media, shows the woman being served and her horse receiving a pat on the nose.
  • Viewers were delighted by the woman's sense of humour, with many saying it made their day.
  • She joked about her unconventional mode of transport, linking it humorously to the high fuel prices.

We totally get that everyone has their own way of spicing up life, but just a little heads-up: not all restaurants are friendly towards non-motorised customers in the drive-thru lane.

That being said, order responsibly, members, and keep those adventurous spirits alive! Remember, we always have the power to add a twist to our everyday routines in the most unpredictable and whimsical ways—just make sure it's safe and legal. Stay true to yourself, and stay fabulous!

We'd love to hear your extraordinary and off-the-wall stories too! Drop them in the comments below, and let's keep the fun flowing!

Sponsored
When was the last time you went inside a McDonalds instead of using the drive through.
I don't go the the golden arches very often, so I don't know the menu off by heart. I need to pick things.
Last visit, I thought, hubby wants nuggets so in I went. I decided to use the ordering machine because there was nobody at the counter. I really don't like buying this way, but onward and upward went I.
So, I went through the process, pressed take away and was asked to pay. It wasn't until then that I noticed the Eftpos machine was missing. Well, that was interesting. I stood there and stared at it, still nobody at the counter. A lovely young man saw my dilemma and helped me through things.
I went to the counter and had to tell them there is no payment machine there. I need to pay. The wait was ridiculous. Mind you, while I was going through all this, the drive through orders were churning out quite well.
Don't places like this want people to come inside any more?
I admire our horse owner for using her initiative. Bick tick for that one.
However, if you cannot order as a pedestrian or cycle rider, they still need to offer decent service inside.
On a different topic, when I was in there I went to use the Ladies and it was locked. I had to ask at the counter (if there is anyone there), to push the buzzer. Holy cow, I couldn't believe it.
Next time hubby wants nuggets, we are going to Red Rooster.

We here at the Seniors Discount Club know better than to always rely on traditional methods of transportation when it comes to getting from A to B—it's just too costly sometimes!

And while motorbikes might be a cheap alternative, they're still not as cost-effective as, say, a horse! And one Aussie woman is leading the way when it comes to horse-powered transportation, as witnessed when she made a surprising stop at her local Macca's recently.

A video shared by the woman on social mediashowed the unusual sight of her and her horse riding up to the drive-thru window.

Unconventional as it was, the rider still declared confidently: 'It says “no pedestrians”, but it doesn't say “no horses”, so we're good,' as the horse stopped beside the menu.

View attachment 25680
The woman was welcomed by McDonald's workers when she turned up at the drive-thru on horseback. Credit: TikTok/sme_centre.

Unsurprisingly, the staff at the cashier window was taken aback by the sight of the horse and their rider but handled the situation like a pro.

After a gentle pat on the nose, the customer made her order—and what would've normally been a standard trip to the drive-thru window quickly developed into an event. The people in the kitchen noticed and whipped out their phones to capture what was happening while the woman laughed and waved from the pickup window.

The online community was also quick to comment on the unusual video.

'I never thought I'd see someone ordering coffee from McDonald's on horseback, but here we are! This video made my day,' one user commented.

'Smiles... only in Australia,' marvelled another.

So, what inspired this amazing show of horsemanship? When asked about her courage, the woman replied cheekily with 'I have no shame', then made a cheeky joke about fuel prices as justification.

Although it's against McDonald's drive-thru policy to serve pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders (because safety is very important!), the staff on the day were willing to take the risk and bend the rules a little.

We're sure the woman provided a welcome break from their everyday routine and made a positive impression on the staff.

Key Takeaways

• A woman has surprised staff at a Queensland McDonald's by arriving at the drive-thru on a horse.
  • The video of the encounter, posted on social media, shows the woman being served and her horse receiving a pat on the nose.
  • Viewers were delighted by the woman's sense of humour, with many saying it made their day.
  • She joked about her unconventional mode of transport, linking it humorously to the high fuel prices.

We totally get that everyone has their own way of spicing up life, but just a little heads-up: not all restaurants are friendly towards non-motorised customers in the drive-thru lane.

That being said, order responsibly, members, and keep those adventurous spirits alive! Remember, we always have the power to add a twist to our everyday routines in the most unpredictable and whimsical ways—just make sure it's safe and legal. Stay true to yourself, and stay fabulous!

We'd love to hear your extraordinary and off-the-wall stories too! Drop them in the comments below, and let's keep the fun flowing!
Well ! what did the horse order ???

• Haha
Reactions: MariaG