You won't believe what Larry Emdur did that 'ruined' the new Morning Show's studio couch!

Larry Emdur, a beloved television personality who has been gracing Australian screens for over two decades, is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Known for his wit, charm and infectious laughter, Larry has been entertaining us on The Morning Show alongside his co-host Kylie Gillies for years.

Recently though, he seems to be in the spotlight for a slightly different reason.

In recent television news, The Morning Show revealed its brand new studio setup. With a more modern and glamorous look than its predecessor, this new studio marks an exciting new chapter for Larry, Kylie, and their dedicated production team.

TMS.jpg
Larry openly acknowledged that a poor wardrobe choice had caused the drama. Source: The Morning Show

But it seems the studio's new centrepiece—a plush new couch—didn't have much time in its pristine state. Larry, in his signature cheeky style, 'ruined' it just three days in!

During Monday's session, Larry had a rather blush-worthy revelation to share.

Live on-air, whilst on a cross to Sunrise, Larry announced that he had caused some damage to the pristine new couch.

Sunrise host, Matt Shirvington, asked, ‘Was there some dry cleaning happening on that couch overnight for some reason?’

To a shocked audience and hosts on Sunrise, Larry admitted with the innocence of a mischievous schoolboy, 'Yes, I ruined the couch. Day three.'

Nat Barr asked, seemingly surprised, 'What did you do on that couch?'

Larry, ever the entertainer, unravelled his tale of frugality gone awry. Allegedly, his affordable jeans, chosen in a valiant attempt to save the network some dollars, had 'leaked'.

SUNRISE.jpg
His admission left Sunrise hosts Nat and Shirvo laughing heartily. Source: Sunrise

Larry shared, ‘Well, it’s a longer story, but essentially because I try and save the network money all the time, I’ve got cheap jeans, and they leaked.’

Stunned, Nat asked, ‘Your jeans leaked? Leaked what?!’

It seemed the jeans had not held their ‘black dye’, creating a rogue fashion statement on the new studio couch.

Larry added, ‘Cheap jeans. Don’t buy cheap jeans, kids.’

Retrospectively, this shouldn't really surprise long-standing fans of Larry.

His career has been punctuated by moments of humour and unexpected goof-ups that have made him the beloved personality he is today.

This ‘jeansgate’ incident of dye transfer onto the new couch is just another quirk in Larry's colourful TV journey!

TMS2.jpg
Larry attempted to explain the incident live on air. Source: The Morning Show

Even co-host Kylie Gillies joined in on the humour, teasing Larry about whether it was a case of higher-priced jeans with a more significant dye issue.

Larry, unfazed as always, casually dismissed the concern, saying it wouldn't be long before the couch experiences more than just jeans dye.

He jokingly remarked, ‘There'll be wombats weeing on this in no time, so don't worry about my jeans, everyone.’

Amid the good-natured ribbing and laughter, we can certainly glean a valuable lesson.

Saving money on clothing doesn’t always pay off. There’s a risk of poor quality and low durability which might eventually cost more in replacements.

Investing in clothes that provide longevity sometimes equates to better value for money.

Key Takeaways
  • Larry Emdur, co-host of The Morning Show, has unintentionally 'ruined' the new studio couch.
  • The mishap happened due to dye leakage from his inexpensive jeans, which stained the couch's fabric.
  • The incident led to a humorous on-air interaction with Sunrise's hosts, stirring queries about the 'leaking jeans' and causing a wave of laughter.
  • Jokes aside, Emdur emphasised that the new couch was unlikely to stay clean regardless, considering the variety of incidents in a television studio.

Colour stains or no stains, Larry remains the charismatic host loved by many.

So, dear members, have you ever had a similar situation where a bargain buy ended up being a fiasco? Have you had a funny wardrobe malfunction or a shopping fail?

Share your stories with us below! We’d love to hear them! After all, shared laughter is double the laughter.

• Wow
Reactions: Lesle and joyjoy@#
Sponsored
Larry Emdur, a beloved television personality who has been gracing Australian screens for over two decades, is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Known for his wit, charm and infectious laughter, Larry has been entertaining us on The Morning Show alongside his co-host Kylie Gillies for years.

Recently though, he seems to be in the spotlight for a slightly different reason.

In recent television news, The Morning Show revealed its brand new studio setup. With a more modern and glamorous look than its predecessor, this new studio marks an exciting new chapter for Larry, Kylie, and their dedicated production team.

View attachment 26171
Larry openly acknowledged that a poor wardrobe choice had caused the drama. Source: The Morning Show

But it seems the studio's new centrepiece—a plush new couch—didn't have much time in its pristine state. Larry, in his signature cheeky style, 'ruined' it just three days in!

During Monday's session, Larry had a rather blush-worthy revelation to share.

Live on-air, whilst on a cross to Sunrise, Larry announced that he had caused some damage to the pristine new couch.

Sunrise host, Matt Shirvington, asked, ‘Was there some dry cleaning happening on that couch overnight for some reason?’

To a shocked audience and hosts on Sunrise, Larry admitted with the innocence of a mischievous schoolboy, 'Yes, I ruined the couch. Day three.'

Nat Barr asked, seemingly surprised, 'What did you do on that couch?'

Larry, ever the entertainer, unravelled his tale of frugality gone awry. Allegedly, his affordable jeans, chosen in a valiant attempt to save the network some dollars, had 'leaked'.

View attachment 26172
His admission left Sunrise hosts Nat and Shirvo laughing heartily. Source: Sunrise

Larry shared, ‘Well, it’s a longer story, but essentially because I try and save the network money all the time, I’ve got cheap jeans, and they leaked.’

Stunned, Nat asked, ‘Your jeans leaked? Leaked what?!’

It seemed the jeans had not held their ‘black dye’, creating a rogue fashion statement on the new studio couch.

Larry added, ‘Cheap jeans. Don’t buy cheap jeans, kids.’

Retrospectively, this shouldn't really surprise long-standing fans of Larry.

His career has been punctuated by moments of humour and unexpected goof-ups that have made him the beloved personality he is today.

This ‘jeansgate’ incident of dye transfer onto the new couch is just another quirk in Larry's colourful TV journey!

View attachment 26173
Larry attempted to explain the incident live on air. Source: The Morning Show

Even co-host Kylie Gillies joined in on the humour, teasing Larry about whether it was a case of higher-priced jeans with a more significant dye issue.

Larry, unfazed as always, casually dismissed the concern, saying it wouldn't be long before the couch experiences more than just jeans dye.

He jokingly remarked, ‘There'll be wombats weeing on this in no time, so don't worry about my jeans, everyone.’

Amid the good-natured ribbing and laughter, we can certainly glean a valuable lesson.

Saving money on clothing doesn’t always pay off. There’s a risk of poor quality and low durability which might eventually cost more in replacements.

Investing in clothes that provide longevity sometimes equates to better value for money.

Key Takeaways

• Larry Emdur, co-host of The Morning Show, has unintentionally 'ruined' the new studio couch.
  • The mishap happened due to dye leakage from his inexpensive jeans, which stained the couch's fabric.
  • The incident led to a humorous on-air interaction with Sunrise's hosts, stirring queries about the 'leaking jeans' and causing a wave of laughter.
  • Jokes aside, Emdur emphasised that the new couch was unlikely to stay clean regardless, considering the variety of incidents in a television studio.

Colour stains or no stains, Larry remains the charismatic host loved by many.

So, dear members, have you ever had a similar situation where a bargain buy ended up being a fiasco? Have you had a funny wardrobe malfunction or a shopping fail?

Share your stories with us below! We’d love to hear them! After all, shared laughter is double the laughter.
Yeah no one told me about the leaky black jeans, I’d wash mine quit a few times with all my other jeans black and blue and one day only had a couple of pairs of jeans a few t’s and underwear so decided to wash them all together………. well I’ll be 🤬🤬even after a dozen washes those black jeans still run ☹️😵‍💫🥴 BTW the t’s were mainly white 😥

This IS believable. Trying to impress my in-laws, I sat on a vinyl lounge, and after a long time, went
to get up, and the white polka dots on my skirt had transferred to the sofa. Body heat beware!
Hahaha liked to have seen Thier faces and the couch😂