You won't believe this woman's crazy hack for effortless, perfect curls

Some of us have wished for an easy way to get a perfectly tousled look without all the hassle of using a diffuser or spending hours styling our hair.

But what if we told you that you can achieve effortless beachy waves…using an unexpected item from your kitchen?

Perfect, effortless curls have been a hairstyle goal for many of us over the years – but now, achieving the perfect ringlets may be just a few simple steps away.

That's thanks to the creative, albeit bizarre, hair hack that Liz Fox Roseberry (also known as @foxcraftcustom on TikTok) stumbled across by accident.

curl2.jpg
The social media influencer showed how to get perfect curls. Credit: Tim Mossholder/Pexels

Liz said she ditched the usual diffuser attachment in favour of a pasta strainer.

No, we’re not kidding.

‘I can't tell the difference between genius and crazy anymore,’ Liz captioned.

In a follow-up video, she showed how she achieved the look. First, she grabbed the tools: a bowl, curling cream, dryer, and strainer.

As part of the hack, she dunked her head in a bowl of water first and followed it up with a little scrunch to remove excess water. Then, she applied her curling cream before drying her hair with a towel.

curl.jpg
Liz said she stumbled upon the hack by accident. Credit: foxcraftcustom/TikTok

Afterwards, she wrapped her hair in a t-shirt and waited 30 minutes to remove excess moisture.

The t-shirt wrap is a method called ‘plopping’ that is also said to help your curls hold (with less frizz!). Here’s a video explaining the process:

Finally, she busted out the pasta strainer to completely dry her hair.

‘Just learned that my pasta strainer is better at diffusing my waves than my diffuser,’ she said in the video.

Although the clip is short, it has already amassed over 18.5 million views – and counting! Many of her viewers were keen to try the hack themselves.

‘Okay, got it. Pasta strainer + hairdryer = beautiful curls,’ another said.

Others asked Liz if she was worried about burning her hair. Liz replied that she kept checking her hair periodically while using the dryer. ‘I kept the dryer on high heat but low power, and it never got hot. Just a little warm!’ She explained.

Some couldn’t help but joke around a little in the comments.

‘I have been influenced,’ someone shared.

‘Going to mom’s to “organise” my kitchen….and do my hair,’ one quipped.

You can watch Liz’s hair hack below:

Did you know that throughout history, hair and hairstyles have had significant meanings across various cultures?

cornrow (1).jpg
This hairstyle is a symbol of rebellion. Credit: Dziana Hasanbekava/Pexels

Cornrows, a type of braided hairstyle that braids the hair very close to the scalp, can be traced back to around 3,000 BCE! In the past, many Africans were chained and transported across the Atlantic to the Americas for slave trading, and the trafficked people were made to shave their heads for ‘sanitation’. However, some of the enslaved grew out their hair and braided cornrows as an act of rebellion and reclamation of cultural identity.

geisha.jpg
The style depended on social status. Credit: Satoshi Hirayama/Pexels

Another hairstyle is the Nihongami, which is most popularly associated with geishas. From 1603 to 1868, the golden age of Nihongami introduced many variations of these buns, and the styles differed based on a woman’s age, societal status, and occupation. Interesting, isn’t it?
Key Takeaways
  • A woman shared a bizarre hack for getting perfect curls using a pasta strainer on TikTok.
  • The video quickly went viral with over 13 million viewers.
  • Many were keen to try the hack themselves but some were concerned that the metal would heat up too much and burn the hair.
Have you heard of this hack before, members? Tell us in the comments below what you think and share your other tips and tricks for keeping your hair looking and feeling healthy!

Sponsored
Laughing as that is my strainer not for pasta either I use a special clip-on drainer or a colander for that. Ah to have such curls no matter how they eventuate. The word 'Influencer' alone makes my nerves cringe.
The New World has arrived.
I rather liked the suggestion of plopping your wet head in a towel with the I imagine some hair nutrient cream.

Reactions: Ricci