You won't believe this clean but dirt-cheap trick to get your shower screens sparkling!

Scrubbing stubborn grime off shower screens is likely a chore you dread.

It often requires harsh chemicals, and plenty of elbow grease; even then, the results can be disappointing.

However, one savvy Coles shopper has thrown a lifeline to us all: a simple, affordable, and chemical-free solution for adopting gleaming, crystal-clear shower screens.

A homeowner shared her experiences tidying up a distinctly grimey shower screen with a humble Chux Magic Eraser.

She proudly purchased her secret weapon from her local Coles store.

With prices currently sitting at $3 (a special offer), the Magic Eraser is both light on chemicals, and on the wallet.

photo (1).jpg
The shopper shared ‘before and after’ photos of her shower screen after cleaning it with Chux Magic Eraser. Credits: Facebook / Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia

Understood to be a cleaning tool most often used to erase scuff marks from walls, the humble Magic Eraser can also be co-opted to do your shower screen wonders.

And the best part?

No need for potentially harmful chemicals.

'What a game-changer,' she wrote.

'I cleaned my shower screen today. No chemicals. Just water and eraser. What a difference. No time at all. Amazing.'

To back her claim, this homeowner shared a series of striking 'before' and 'after' pictures, capturing the dramatic transformation her shower screen underwent.

Let's just say her revelation has been warmly received.

Fellow social media users are now rushing to try this trick out, with some already testifying to its effectiveness.

'Thanks for sharing. I need that,' wrote one grateful follower.

Another enthusiastic observer posted, 'WOW. After battling mine with everything thrown at it, I will have to try this. Looks fantastic.'

And it seems that it's not just exclusive to Coles.

The Chux Magic Eraser is available across all major retailers, inching you closer to a cleaner, shinier, spa-worthy shower screen.

'I use these for my shower screens and have no water marks!' divulged another supporter.

An economical tip from another member added, 'They are great. You can also buy from the cheaper stores, and they work well. No need to put in [the] washing machine. I just rinse mine out with dishwashing liquid.'

So, the next time you're grimacing at the sight of grime on your shower screen, save yourself from the acrid smell of chemical cleaners.

Not only is it more friendly to your nostrils and the environment, but your wallet will thank you, too!

You might also want to avoid using this item in the shower if you want to keep your screens clean, according to an expert.
Key Takeaways
  • A Coles shopper shared a cleaning trick for shower screens using a Chux Magic Eraser, highlighting its effectiveness without the use of chemicals.
  • The hack uses just water with the Magic Eraser to achieve clean and clear shower screens, as demonstrated by ‘before and after’ images.
  • The cleaning tip, shared on social media, attracted positive attention from other users interested in trying it out.
  • Magic Erasers are available at Coles and other major retailers, and some users shared additional tips on maintaining the eraser, such as rinsing it with dishwashing liquid.
What do you use to get the stubborn soap marks off your shower screens? Have you tried the Chux Magic Eraser? Share your tips and experiences with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have always bought mine from Dasio. Same product, different brand of course but heaps cheaper and a lot more variety in sizes.

Reactions: Gsr