You might be sitting on a $25k goldmine! Check your cupboards now as CorningWare value skyrockets

From vintage furniture and clothes to collectible coins and cards, our curiosity to collect and hoard knickknacks and keepsakes accumulated over the years has given rise to an entire industry of antiques and collectibles.

But many of us may not realise that we have something infinitely more valuable in our cupboards – something that could be worth up to $25k a piece – and it’s just waiting to be discovered.

Dear members, it's time to raid those kitchen cupboards and see if you happen to have any vintage CorningWare stashed away because you could be sitting on a small fortune!

On June 14, the brand's parent company, Instant Brands (which also owns Pyrex, Corelle, and other well-known brands), filed for bankruptcy due to an unsustainable debt load.

This led to an increase in the value of CorningWare.

corning1.jpg
You could be sitting on a fortune with your old CorningWare collections. Credit: CorningWare

Some rare pieces are now going for as much as $25,000 on eBay – which is $10,000 more than the highest bid on previous online auctions and other buy-and-sell sites.

Vintage CorningWare has always been popular among collectors, with single casserole dishes being listed for as much as $8,000 in previous reports. You can read more on this here.

Let's take a little trip down memory lane and recall the lovely CorningWare dishes from the ‘60s, ‘70s and 80's. CorningWare, with its beautiful ceramic glass design, was once a must-have in many Australian kitchens and a popular choice for brides-to-be during that time.

With various patterns like the ‘Floral’ (1971–1975), the ‘Wildflowers Spice of Life’, and the rare ‘L’Echaloto’, these dishes were more than just practical – they were a beloved addition to a homeowner’s dining table.

corning2.jpg
One seller posted the price of his CorningWare set for $12,000 on eBay. Credit: eBay Australia

And now, these nostalgic pieces could make collectors and even casual CorningWare owners a pretty penny.

Currently, there are three CorningWare auctions on eBay, each with a ‘Buy It Now’ price of a jaw-dropping $25,000. Two of these auctions are by Queensland sellers, while one is by a seller in New South Wales.

But those are not the only treasures to be found! There are also 20 pieces of CorningWare being auctioned with prices ranging from $10,000 to $13,888, and another five auctions for pieces priced at a whopping $15,000.

Two of these auctions have a jaw-dropping 209 watchers and 133 watchers on them, respectively. It’s clear the market for this vintage kitchenware is booming.

corning3.jpg
One rare CorningWare piece is priced at $25,000. Credit: eBay Australia

As an example – last year, one eBay seller explained that growing demand in recent years had turned her collection into quite the investment.

She said: ‘My mother collected CorningWare, and it was very popular back in the day, but it’s been gathering dust in our home for years’.

After selling some pieces (with her mother's blessing), she made about $9,000 and has another one piece listed with a hopeful price of $2,500.

‘I would never have thought that it could be so valuable…Now it’s making us more money than I ever dreamed,’ she shared.

Instant Brands filed for bankruptcy under the weight of high-interest rates, tighter credit conditions, and falling consumer demand.

The company, along with 14 affiliates, filed for Chapter 11 protection from creditors, which allows for a re-organisation of the company rather than a Chapter 7 liquidation.

Australian supermarkets and department stores like BIG W, Harris Scarfe, Woolworths, and Coles regularly stock Corelle Brands, but with this financial shake-up, it's no wonder that collectors and enthusiasts are snapping up these nostalgic and valuable pieces in a heartbeat.

So, members, it might be time to have a good look through your cupboards and unearth those CorningWare dishes you've been holding onto for years. Who knows, it may just be your ticket to a surprising windfall.
Key Takeaways
  • Aussie homeowners are urged to check their CorningWare collections due to the brand's parent company's collapse, causing the value of collector items to skyrocket.
  • The prices on CorningWare pieces have reached an all-time high on buying and selling sites, with collectors asking up to $25,000 for rare pieces.
  • Instant Brands, the company that owns CorningWare, filed for bankruptcy, citing higher interest rates, tighter credit conditions, and falling consumer demand as reasons.
And if you do find that you're in possession of such a gem, let us know in the comments below! We love hearing success stories from our members.

Sponsored
I was very sad when I found out. I recently bought a few more Corelle dinner plates at Big W last week. They are still made in the USA. I like them as they aren't a big size and not heavy. However, no more it appears. Hope a USA company can buy them out to save it.
Agree. These were enjoyed by many families for many years.

Reactions: Penny4
Sorry to be a thorn in the side here, but this is BS.there are people on Ebay who put phantom bids in to drive up- the price and keep prices high you can't actually get anywhere near that for this corningware.
more like $40 a piece if lucky; there are other items also that are phantom bids even normal stuff [eople have 3 -30 Ebay accounts to drive up pries on all sorts of things. I wouldn't suggest u tell people things are worth what they aren't.
What about the buy now options, you don't have to bid on them, you can just buy them outright!

I had heaps of Corning Ware which l no longer use so l packed it all up & gave it to my young neighbour who loves to cook. She was so excited & will use it for years to come. I received so much satisfaction from seeing someone so happy. Guess I’ll never be rich but so what!
What's the bet she sells it lol

Last edited: