Worth it or a waste of money? Investigating the value of Woolworths Everyday Extra

Multiple rewards programs have been around for years, and while they can be beneficial, it can also be tough to stay on top of the latest and best money-saving deals. If you’re part of a rewards program (or are looking to join one), you might have heard of Woolworths Everyday Extra.

This rewards scheme was initially tested with a small group of customers in 2022 and has since been made available to all Everyday Rewards members, promising extra points and more savings.

The catch? There’s a monthly subscription fee.

But is it really any better than what you get with regular Woolworths Everyday Rewards, and is it worth the subscription fee? Finder experts weigh in.

What are the benefits of Woolworths Everyday Extra?

Signing up for Woolworths Everyday Extra provides four primary benefits:
  • Triple the usual Everyday Rewards points earned for each $1 spent at Woolworths or BIG W, both in-store and online. This means that instead of earning one point per $1 spent, you get three points instead.
  • You get 10 per cent off one shop of your choice per month at Woolworths, capped at $50 (which is what you’d get for a $500 shop). You can also choose when to apply the discount.

woolies1.jpg
Woolworths promises more savings with its Everyday Extra program. Credit: Woolworths
  • You also get 10 per cent off one shop per month at BIG W (the same rules apply as with the Woolworths discount).
  • Exclusive offers, ‘subscriber-only’ free products, and extra points boosters for members. Simply put, this translates to a monthly offer for one free product.
To enjoy these perks, the monthly fee is $7, or $59 if paid upfront for a year - resulting in a 29% discount. A 30-day free trial is also available.

Some fine print to note is that only Woolworths and BIG W are included, with other stores owned by Woolworths, such as BWS or Dan Murphy's, not eligible for bonus points. Additionally, the triple points apply only to base points, not bonus offers.

So, is it worth it?

For most, the 10 per cent discount makes Everyday Extra an attractive option. If you spend over $70 in a single grocery shop, you'll save more than the $7 paid monthly, plus accrue additional points.

According to Finder, the average weekly grocery bill for a single person is $155, so that 10 per cent discount results in a saving of $8.50 or $10.58 if you sign up for the 12-month deal.

woolies2.jpg
Here are the benefits you’ll enjoy if you sign up for Woolworths Everyday Extra. Credit: Woolworths

These discounts can also be combined with other offers. For example, those who have Woolworths Insurance can get 10 per cent off one shopping bill per month. If you have both the insurance and Everyday Extra, you can apply a 10 per cent discount on two of your monthly shops. Not a bad deal, right?

When converting your rewards points, it’s recommended that you choose Qantas Points to maximise value.

This is also the recommendation of other savvy shoppers who have gone on free trips to any destination of their choosing because they converted their accumulated points into flights. You can read more on that here and here.

But even if you just want to use them for $10 off vouchers, you could still accelerate your earning speed and potentially save more money with Everyday Extra.

To maximise savings, consider doing one large monthly shop and applying the 10 per cent discount. This approach is also beneficial from a budgeting perspective.

However, there is a minor drawback. The Extra Perks products often aren't available at local stores, so there’s no way of telling if they’re adding more value to the rewards program.

That said, with the discount on one monthly shop covering the membership fee and the possibility of earning more Qantas Points, Everyday Extra is a favourable option for regular Woolworths shoppers.

Woolworths Everyday Extra vs Coles Plus: Which is Better?

Coles and Woolworths have always had a healthy rivalry.

Coles, Woolworths' main competitor, also offers a bonus points membership called Coles Plus. For a $19 monthly fee (no annual discount available), you get:
  • Double Flybuys points plus ten times Flybuys points for online alcohol purchases
  • Free delivery on orders over $50
  • Free access to Rapid Click & Collect.
Coles Plus emphasises its free delivery service, but it can be expensive for those uninterested in delivery. And since Coles offers free delivery for orders over $250 anyway, Coles Plus might still not be worth the additional cost. For more details, you can check out our guide to Coles Plus here.

Woolworths Everyday Extra vs Coles Plus.jpg
The pros and cons of each rewards program. Image credit: The Seniors Discount Club

So, for those focused on saving money but not bothered by home deliveries, Woolworths Everyday Extra may be the better choice.

In conclusion, if you regularly shop at Woolworths, the Everyday Extra subscription offers an excellent opportunity for savings and increased rewards points.
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths Everyday Extra offers additional benefits and savings to the existing Everyday Rewards loyalty program but requires a monthly subscription fee.
  • Members of Everyday Extra get triple the normal Everyday Rewards points on every shop at Woolworths or BIG W, 10 per cent off one shop a month at each store, and subscriber-only offers and deals.
  • For regular Woolworths shoppers, the 10 per cent discount and additional points can make the subscription worth it, providing savings on monthly grocery bills.
  • When compared to Coles Plus, Woolworths Everyday Extra is potentially a better option for those looking to save money.
Are you already enrolled in Everyday Extra? Have you noticed any significant savings yet? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
I have WW car insurance, so I get 10% off one shop a month. I only do one big shop each month, which comes to around $400, giving me a saving of $40 a month. Over the year, that $480 is actually more than my annual car insurance premium, so I’m saving on both counts.

Multiple rewards programs have been around for years, and while they can be beneficial, it can also be tough to stay on top of the latest and best money-saving deals. If you’re part of a rewards program (or are looking to join one), you might have heard of Woolworths Everyday Extra.

This rewards scheme was initially tested with a small group of customers in 2022 and has since been made available to all Everyday Rewards members, promising extra points and more savings.

The catch? There’s a monthly subscription fee.

But is it really any better than what you get with regular Woolworths Everyday Rewards, and is it worth the subscription fee? Finder experts weigh in.

What are the benefits of Woolworths Everyday Extra?

Signing up for Woolworths Everyday Extra provides four primary benefits:
  • Triple the usual Everyday Rewards points earned for each $1 spent at Woolworths or BIG W, both in-store and online. This means that instead of earning one point per $1 spent, you get three points instead.
  • You get 10 per cent off one shop of your choice per month at Woolworths, capped at $50 (which is what you’d get for a $500 shop). You can also choose when to apply the discount.

View attachment 19662
Woolworths promises more savings with its Everyday Extra program. Credit: Woolworths
  • You also get 10 per cent off one shop per month at BIG W (the same rules apply as with the Woolworths discount).
  • Exclusive offers, ‘subscriber-only’ free products, and extra points boosters for members. Simply put, this translates to a monthly offer for one free product.
To enjoy these perks, the monthly fee is $7, or $59 if paid upfront for a year - resulting in a 29% discount. A 30-day free trial is also available.

Some fine print to note is that only Woolworths and BIG W are included, with other stores owned by Woolworths, such as BWS or Dan Murphy's, not eligible for bonus points. Additionally, the triple points apply only to base points, not bonus offers.

So, is it worth it?

For most, the 10 per cent discount makes Everyday Extra an attractive option. If you spend over $70 in a single grocery shop, you'll save more than the $7 paid monthly, plus accrue additional points.

According to Finder, the average weekly grocery bill for a single person is $155, so that 10 per cent discount results in a saving of $8.50 or $10.58 if you sign up for the 12-month deal.

View attachment 19663
Here are the benefits you’ll enjoy if you sign up for Woolworths Everyday Extra. Credit: Woolworths

These discounts can also be combined with other offers. For example, those who have Woolworths Insurance can get 10 per cent off one shopping bill per month. If you have both the insurance and Everyday Extra, you can apply a 10 per cent discount on two of your monthly shops. Not a bad deal, right?

When converting your rewards points, it’s recommended that you choose Qantas Points to maximise value.

This is also the recommendation of other savvy shoppers who have gone on free trips to any destination of their choosing because they converted their accumulated points into flights. You can read more on that here and here.

But even if you just want to use them for $10 off vouchers, you could still accelerate your earning speed and potentially save more money with Everyday Extra.

To maximise savings, consider doing one large monthly shop and applying the 10 per cent discount. This approach is also beneficial from a budgeting perspective.

However, there is a minor drawback. The Extra Perks products often aren't available at local stores, so there’s no way of telling if they’re adding more value to the rewards program.

That said, with the discount on one monthly shop covering the membership fee and the possibility of earning more Qantas Points, Everyday Extra is a favourable option for regular Woolworths shoppers.

Woolworths Everyday Extra vs Coles Plus: Which is Better?

Coles and Woolworths have always had a healthy rivalry.

Coles, Woolworths' main competitor, also offers a bonus points membership called Coles Plus. For a $19 monthly fee (no annual discount available), you get:
  • Double Flybuys points plus ten times Flybuys points for online alcohol purchases
  • Free delivery on orders over $50
  • Free access to Rapid Click & Collect.
Coles Plus emphasises its free delivery service, but it can be expensive for those uninterested in delivery. And since Coles offers free delivery for orders over $250 anyway, Coles Plus might still not be worth the additional cost. For more details, you can check out our guide to Coles Plus here.

So, for those focused on saving money but not bothered by home deliveries, Woolworths Everyday Extra may be the better choice.

In conclusion, if you regularly shop at Woolworths, the Everyday Extra subscription offers an excellent opportunity for savings and increased rewards points.
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths Everyday Extra offers additional benefits and savings to the existing Everyday Rewards loyalty program but requires a monthly subscription fee.
  • Members of Everyday Extra get triple the normal Everyday Rewards points on every shop at Woolworths or BIG W, 10 per cent off one shop a month at each store, and subscriber-only offers and deals.
  • For regular Woolworths shoppers, the 10 per cent discount and additional points can make the subscription worth it, providing savings on monthly grocery bills.
  • When compared to Coles Plus, Woolworths Everyday Extra is potentially a better option for those looking to save money.
Are you already enrolled in Everyday Extra? Have you noticed any significant savings yet? Let us know in the comment
I’ve been a member since February 2023 and I have already saved what the yearly subscription is. In both dollars for Xmas and with the 10% off monthly with my shopping!

Unfortunately, as a pensioner, I tend to do multiple small shops during the week. I don't drive therefore it is easier. For the first few months I found that my discount was being applied to $10 & $15 shops without me requesting it. If you do take advantage of the program just be aware that you need to advise the checkout operators that you don't want the discount applied until you do a bigger shop.
Other than that it gets a thumbs up from me 👍

As a pensioner living alone my shopping total isn’t that large. I would have to spend a lot just to break even. As I shop both Coles and Woolies to get the best specials it wouldn’t be worth me paying the $7 fee. I use flybys and everyday rewards and have insurance with Woolies so get 10% off anyway with no cash outlay so more in my pocket I don’t think it’s worth it for me to pay to get money back.

Unfortunately, as a pensioner, I tend to do multiple small shops during the week. I don't drive therefore it is easier. For the first few months I found that my discount was being applied to $10 & $15 shops without me requesting it. If you do take advantage of the program just be aware that you need to advise the checkout operators that you don't want the discount applied until you do a bigger shop.
Other than that it gets a thumbs up from me 👍
The checkout operator should ask you if you want to use your discount. If they don't ask & just assume then they are not doing their job correctly. I work on checkouts & always ask (twice most times) if customer wants to us either their $10 off their shop or their 10% discount.

Yes, but pay annually for $59.00. It's worth every cent. Also, better than $7.00 per month = $84.00.

If there are two of you then both of you sign up and pay the $59 each but on 'separate' Woolworths Rewards card. The other person will have to sign up for a separate Woollies Rewards card first. Just wait, when all confirmed and active then register to the Extra Rewards online and pay the $59.00 annual fees.

The Extra Rewards also works at Big W once a month. I know that Big W but you will see specials and even half price specials there and then buy what you need or buy a few items and use the 10%. Plus, buy-up at Woollies when the items you need are half price or even 40% off. If you consume it then the 10% extra office works out that items 50% off are then 60% Off.

Plus, take into account legs of lamb now on special $12.00 p/kilo. Buy a few and it works out $10.80 p/kilo. Whole fresh chickens or drumsticks at the deli, the same thing. When on sale per kilo you take off 10%. Woollies had whole fresh Steggle's chickens at $3.50 p/k around 4.3.2023 so I purchased five (5) and I used my 10%. That worked out at $3.15 per kilo. That's a great deal. I get them home and cut them up and deskin myself. It then works out at $3.15 p/k for tenderloins, chicken thighs, chicken breast. Even when $5.00 per kilo and then 10% off = $4.50 p/k and same thing. I do a bake on the drumsticks. The other pieces, even breast cut into three portions, I freeze in portions in good quality freezer bags and they go inside another freezer bag. Easy to pull out 1-3 portions and bake or do a stir fry that can be eaten over two nights. Bake dinner over two nights.

I purchased the Cuisinart bench steam oven on sale at Big W $289.00 sale price and back to normal retail $449. Because of the 10% Extra Rewards I got a further 10% off $28.90. Plus, free delivery to my front door.

Sure, you can get chicken drumsticks for $2.50-$3.00 on sale at their deli counter which I buy often. I buy about six kilos and get them home and do several cooks in various sauces and freeze in portions.

The $59.00 will pay for itself even $200-$300 or more in your pocket a year. Plus, you get one free item a month worth about $2-$3.00. Plus, you earn extra points and even more points. Just BOOST everything on your iphone & email.

ONE THING PLEASE: You will get emails/iphone Woollies link telling you if you spend so much over two weeks each you can earn 2,000 or 5,000 points. If you can not afford to spend and it does not suit your needs, then DO NOT SHOP. People can loose control. Always ensure that the Bonus Points Boost suits you. BUT ALWAYS CHECK your emails & iphone link and Boost anyway. It does not hurt to boost.

I'm so glade to have it and will be renewing again later this year if still $59 or around that.

Here is the link: https://www.woolworthsrewards.com.au/extra.html

I recon it’s great. First month I saved $41 second month $36. I didn’t buy anything special, just my usual items. The only thing I changed is I try and buy all at once to take advantage of the discount and I’m finding I’m going to the supermarket much less than I did so not buying on impulse which is saving me more. I was getting big shops every fortnight, now mainly once a month and just buying fresh fruit and veg and milk in between. On the Woolies app you can see what you’ve bought before so I use that as my shopping list so I don’t miss anything

If you connect a card to it you get 10% of each month so I do a big shop once a month you also get bonus points every time you shop and a free product every month for me it is worth it I pay the $59 rather than $7 per month

I have been a member for a few months now and I've well and truly got my subscription cost back plus some. We don't have a Big W anywhere near us and I won't shop on-line so I don't take advantage of that. I have still to see much value with the extra perks being only for a product around $3 and I often don't use that product. The triple points are handy although I'm not noticing my points going up as fast as I thought they would be.