World famous Aussie actress reveals shocking decision to go on hiatus: 'I should probably disappear for a while'

In an unexpected turn of events, an Australian actress who has captivated audiences worldwide has announced her intention to step away from the limelight, leaving fans and the film industry shocked.

Margot Robbie, the star of the box office hit Barbie, has expressed her intention to take a hiatus from the big screen, citing concerns that the public may be growing weary of her constant presence.

Robbie's meteoric rise to fame has been nothing short of spectacular.

From her breakout role in The Wolf of Wall Street to her critically acclaimed performance in I, Tonya, and her recent success as a producer and star of Barbie, Robbie has proven herself to be a versatile and talented actress.

SDC 3.jpeg
Margot Robbie shared her plans to go on a hiatus from the big screen. Image source: Facebook/Margot Robbie.

However, the constant spotlight and the pressures of fame have led her to contemplate a temporary retreat from the public eye.

In a candid interview, Robbie shared her fears about overexposure.

'Everyone’s like, “Are you having a break?” and I’m like, “You do know I’m a producer, right? We don’t get a break,”' she said.

'I also think everyone’s probably sick of the sight of me for now. I should probably disappear from screens for a while.'

She continued: 'Honestly, if I did another movie too soon, people would say, “Her again? We just did a whole summer with her. We’re over it.” I don’t know what I’ll do next, but I hope it’s a little while away.'

Robbie's decision to take a break from acting is not unprecedented.

Jennifer Lawrence, another Hollywood A-lister, took a similar step after her Oscar-winning performance in Silver Linings Playbook.

'I just think everybody had gotten sick of me. I’d gotten sick of me. It had just gotten to a point where I couldn’t do anything right,' Lawrence said at the time.

Robbie's announcement has sparked a flurry of reactions from fans and critics alike.

While some expressed their disappointment and surprise, others applauded her decision, acknowledging the phenomenon of celebrity fatigue and the importance of maintaining quality over quantity in an actor's body of work.

One fan wrote, 'Imagine being sick of seeing a beautiful, talented and intelligent actress like Margot on a huge screen.'

Another fan supported her decision, saying, 'She is becoming a little over-saturated and should take a little break so audiences don’t get bored of her! If you keep making movies back to back, the quality goes down, that’s why. She is an amazing actress and picks her role after [much] thought, so it’s wise to take breaks between projects.'

'I want MORE movies from her, she’s incredibly talented. But if you think her observations about celebrity fatigue are baseless, you weren’t on [social media] when everyone turned on Jennifer Lawrence. It’s a weird phenomenon that I’ve seen happen over and over with internet darlings,' a third replied.
Key Takeaways
  • Margot Robbie has shocked fans by announcing her intention to take a break from appearing on the big screen for the foreseeable future.
  • Despite her recent successes as both an actor and a producer, Robbie expressed concern over the possibility that the public may be growing tired of seeing her in films.
  • Robbie's decision follows in the footsteps of other A-list actors, like Jennifer Lawrence, who have taken breaks from their careers at peak times.
  • Fans on social media have shown mixed reactions, with some expressing disappointment and others supporting Robbie's decision to avoid overexposure.
What are your thoughts on Margot Robbie's decision to take a break from acting? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
In an unexpected turn of events, an Australian actress who has captivated audiences worldwide has announced her intention to step away from the limelight, leaving fans and the film industry shocked.

Margot Robbie, the star of the box office hit Barbie, has expressed her intention to take a hiatus from the big screen, citing concerns that the public may be growing weary of her constant presence.

Robbie's meteoric rise to fame has been nothing short of spectacular.

From her breakout role in The Wolf of Wall Street to her critically acclaimed performance in I, Tonya, and her recent success as a producer and star of Barbie, Robbie has proven herself to be a versatile and talented actress.

View attachment 39335
Margot Robbie shared her plans to go on a hiatus from the big screen. Image source: Facebook/Margot Robbie.

However, the constant spotlight and the pressures of fame have led her to contemplate a temporary retreat from the public eye.

In a candid interview, Robbie shared her fears about overexposure.

'Everyone’s like, “Are you having a break?” and I’m like, “You do know I’m a producer, right? We don’t get a break,”' she said.

'I also think everyone’s probably sick of the sight of me for now. I should probably disappear from screens for a while.'

She continued: 'Honestly, if I did another movie too soon, people would say, “Her again? We just did a whole summer with her. We’re over it.” I don’t know what I’ll do next, but I hope it’s a little while away.'

Robbie's decision to take a break from acting is not unprecedented.

Jennifer Lawrence, another Hollywood A-lister, took a similar step after her Oscar-winning performance in Silver Linings Playbook.

'I just think everybody had gotten sick of me. I’d gotten sick of me. It had just gotten to a point where I couldn’t do anything right,' Lawrence said at the time.

Robbie's announcement has sparked a flurry of reactions from fans and critics alike.

While some expressed their disappointment and surprise, others applauded her decision, acknowledging the phenomenon of celebrity fatigue and the importance of maintaining quality over quantity in an actor's body of work.

One fan wrote, 'Imagine being sick of seeing a beautiful, talented and intelligent actress like Margot on a huge screen.'

Another fan supported her decision, saying, 'She is becoming a little over-saturated and should take a little break so audiences don’t get bored of her! If you keep making movies back to back, the quality goes down, that’s why. She is an amazing actress and picks her role after [much] thought, so it’s wise to take breaks between projects.'

'I want MORE movies from her, she’s incredibly talented. But if you think her observations about celebrity fatigue are baseless, you weren’t on [social media] when everyone turned on Jennifer Lawrence. It’s a weird phenomenon that I’ve seen happen over and over with internet darlings,' a third replied.
Key Takeaways

• Margot Robbie has shocked fans by announcing her intention to take a break from appearing on the big screen for the foreseeable future.
  • Despite her recent successes as both an actor and a producer, Robbie expressed concern over the possibility that the public may be growing tired of seeing her in films.
  • Robbie's decision follows in the footsteps of other A-list actors, like Jennifer Lawrence, who have taken breaks from their careers at peak times.
  • Fans on social media have shown mixed reactions, with some expressing disappointment and others supporting Robbie's decision to avoid overexposure.
What are your thoughts on Margot Robbie's decision to take a break from acting? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Margot Robbie has done very well for herself from neighbours to present day well done young lady have a beak and come back even stronger amazing career 👍