Woolworths shopper’s bawdy tissue purchase – ‘That’s NOT for your nose!’

One shopper left thousands in hysterics after it dawned on her that the box of tissue papers she picked up from Woolworths was specifically designed for a dirty purpose – and no, it doesn’t involve the toilet.

Sharing her predicament in a now-viral TikTok video, the bemused shopper revealed that she took home a box of Sorbent Thick & Large Tissues during her recent trip to the supermarket giant.

When she got back home and took a closer look at the item, she began to pick up on its suggestive branding. She read a few of the phrases out loud in the clip, all of which undeniably had double meanings.

‘So there I was, walking through the aisles of Woolies and I saw this,’ she said while holding the tissue box up for the viewers to see.

‘I don’t even know. I just saw tissues, OK? They’ve been out of tissues for like ever so when I saw the tissues, I was like “I’m gonna grab some”. – you can never have enough in this economy.’

1DWLXuRx6Zrg5_xwM6yrAzfqEaHCM5AJNGMFTKmkM8-xS5dlWwYOX48ljGLCcjUuQiw5Im-V3ebZlwxnmuEyjmNNjU9KFkHKTjRaNuz3TQA4CvT9476_pAeMFriMqKuJm9QkIbXHw9qA_i0MNRHfYW8
BTddFgrW6Urb7P0LaL96jZln-_foY9uzwNTwTx2fDWVVVX83MCxrW36NCZhGDpR22iItFQ_wqHezGxuWVvtqm6QOCC6hk7dbh-nvZga-0I0sdq6eq6SMZPzqv0fFvHsksmK-39WEM5hH8laMVVoEeA0

Well, we definitely weren’t expecting that! Source: @ivereachedanewlow

‘Then I get home and I unwrap the box and it says “Make some magic” and I’m like, ‘What? That’s a little weird to put on tissues’.

‘Then my boyfriend asked ‘Is that cheetah print?’ It is black, cheetah print tissues.’

‘So then I looked at this part, let’s read it: “Limited edition ‘Inspire Me’ box designs. Thick and large – soft, strong, and extra thick for added protection.”’

Yanking out a sheet, the shopper showed that the tissues were significantly larger than standard varieties.

‘Look at how big these are! That’s not for your nose,’ she said, chuckling.

‘I just wanted some tissues – and I accidentally got sex tissues.’

tvD2LSw9ZwNavygFojzz02myhUQ_nqtW86yowwhLbIVDIibZNWA7sJ4kbGoIghEklFm_4f0vuDENhudcP-QmwAmfnAvlBkCCRdzAi6JGBsxyMy-6Zx7ZOJhM16MDO7NzJCUAsIQHF9Cy_53Y_XQfMws

What is the tissue going to protect you from? Source: Woolworths

The shopper’s TikTok video garnered nearly 80k views, with thousands of comments from users who found the whole dilemma hilarious.

Many claimed to have had the same box of tissues at home – but they didn’t realise what it was actually meant for until they stumbled across the customer’s clip.

‘Are you kidding me? I just bought these like a few hours ago because they were the only ones left and I didn’t realise!’ said one.

‘The fact that my dad bought these for our entire family. It never occurred to us until today.’ added another.

‘Has anyone seen the ad for tissue that says "Can handle your biggest loads”?’ asked a third.

A supermarket worker commented: ‘How have I worked at a supermarket and not picked up on that?’

One more wrote: ‘Oh my god, I have those - I didn’t even know.’

What are your thoughts on the Woolworths shopper’s ‘surprising’ buy? Better yet, are you guilty of accidentally picking these tissue papers up too? Let us know in the comments!

Watch the full TikTok video below:

Source: @ivereachdanewlow

Sponsored
so my thoughts are.....you read into it what you want to read into it. Sorbent have been making these tissues for I don't know how long and I doubt they are made for THAT purpose in mind. As I said you read into it what you want to read into it.....funny tho

One shopper left thousands in hysterics after it dawned on her that the box of tissue papers she picked up from Woolworths was specifically designed for a dirty purpose – and no, it doesn’t involve the toilet.

Sharing her predicament in a now-viral TikTok video, the bemused shopper revealed that she took home a box of Sorbent Thick & Large Tissues during her recent trip to the supermarket giant.

When she got back home and took a closer look at the item, she began to pick up on its suggestive branding. She read a few of the phrases out loud in the clip, all of which undeniably had double meanings.

‘So there I was, walking through the aisles of Woolies and I saw this,’ she said while holding the tissue box up for the viewers to see.

‘I don’t even know. I just saw tissues, OK? They’ve been out of tissues for like ever so when I saw the tissues, I was like “I’m gonna grab some”. – you can never have enough in this economy.’

1DWLXuRx6Zrg5_xwM6yrAzfqEaHCM5AJNGMFTKmkM8-xS5dlWwYOX48ljGLCcjUuQiw5Im-V3ebZlwxnmuEyjmNNjU9KFkHKTjRaNuz3TQA4CvT9476_pAeMFriMqKuJm9QkIbXHw9qA_i0MNRHfYW8
BTddFgrW6Urb7P0LaL96jZln-_foY9uzwNTwTx2fDWVVVX83MCxrW36NCZhGDpR22iItFQ_wqHezGxuWVvtqm6QOCC6hk7dbh-nvZga-0I0sdq6eq6SMZPzqv0fFvHsksmK-39WEM5hH8laMVVoEeA0

‘Then I get home and I unwrap the box and it says “Make some magic” and I’m like, ‘What? That’s a little weird to put on tissues’.

‘Then my boyfriend asked ‘Is that cheetah print?’ It is black, cheetah print tissues.’

‘So then I looked at this part, let’s read it: “Limited edition ‘Inspire Me’ box designs. Thick and large – soft, strong, and extra thick for added protection.”’

Yanking out a sheet, the shopper showed that the tissues were significantly larger than standard varieties.

tvD2LSw9ZwNavygFojzz02myhUQ_nqtW86yowwhLbIVDIibZNWA7sJ4kbGoIghEklFm_4f0vuDENhudcP-QmwAmfnAvlBkCCRdzAi6JGBsxyMy-6Zx7ZOJhM16MDO7NzJCUAsIQHF9Cy_53Y_XQfMws

The shopper’s TikTok video garnered nearly 80k views, with thousands of comments from users who found the whole dilemma hilarious.

Many claimed to have had the same box of tissues at home – but they didn’t realise what it was actually meant for until they stumbled across the customer’s clip.

‘Are you kidding me? I just bought these like a few hours ago because they were the only ones left and I didn’t realise!’ said one.

‘The fact that my dad bought these for our entire family. It never occurred to us until today.’ added another.

‘Has anyone seen the ad for tissue that says "Can handle your biggest loads”?’ asked a third.

A supermarket worker commented: ‘How have I worked at a supermarket and not picked up on that?’

What are your thoughts on the Woolworths shopper’s ‘surprising’ buy? Better yet, are you guilty of accidentally picking these tissue papers up too? Let us know in the comments!

Listen up people, Sorbent and Kleenex have been making these larger tissues for many years and they are just that, Tissues. The girl in this article looks like she is not old enough to blow her own nose let alone have sex.

Where does it say they are for sex? I have been buying thick and large since they came on the market a couple of years ago and nowhere does it suggest that sex is what they are intended for.

I’ve bought these several times now. I shop on line at Woolworths so when they didn’t have any Kleenex they replaced them with the black box Ones. I have bad hay fever at times and found them most useful as I don’t have to grab a handful when I start to sneeze. Also I now put them on the coffee table for visitors to use as hand wipes. No one has ever questioned why I have them.

People seem to do and say anything to put themselves out there for their 15 minutes of fame, attention seeking it, is so annoying. The large tissues are great for make up removal and cleansing your face as one tissue can be folded and scrunched replacing 3 or 4 flimsy 'normal' tissues ☺ and handy to have during hayfever season 😣

Last edited:
I remember what were call "man size tissues" years ago, made for men to use as they would complain that normal tissues were never strong enough and would need 6 to stop blowing through them when they blew their nose, also great when we ladies have a cold or hayfever, so nothing new just a change of name.

The 2 Sorbent boxes I bought Say "Hello Gorgeous" and I love them. They are soft, thick, and large as stated and I have been using them for my Hay Fever. I will be buying more to blow my nose and not sneeze all over my hand when they split.

Debjane is correct about the "mens' tissues." They were in a red & black box and extra large. Once I found them I bought them because normal tissues were so small. Good grief we still have people who like to read into things about the good old tissue. Grow up.