Woolworths partners with Cadbury to launch Caramilk hot cross buns, here’s what you should know about the decadent treat

Woolworths partners with Cadbury to launch Caramilk hot cross buns, here’s what you should know about the decadent treat
It is no secret that the Caramilk craze has taken Aussies by storm!

If you are one of the fans of this irresistible chocolate bar, then this news is for you!

Woolworths has recently partnered with Cadbury to sell limited edition Caramilk hot cross buns.

Yes, you read that right, folks!

The limited-edition Easter treats, which will retail for $4.50, will be available at the major supermarket stores from Wednesday.

-7yscZt2BLuY35mBfZRV0FEhhT9QFJuK5Bs2Zbe0O_surdbcmo0BFVvmcHGSO-83HZeyZtnE0robzVeXlc1oeUMZ1e7PN1xibP50ctSrxnMD3tVvO-ZKOtRsmYuKm6wbDCP0bRA

The decadent Caramilk hot cross buns will exclusively be available in Woolworths stores starting Wednesday. Credit: Erina Starkey.

A number of fans took to social media to express their excitement over the new exclusive treat.

One Facebook user wrote: “Now that Christmas is behind us, bring on Easter. Speaking of which, Woolies are launching Hot Cross Buns with Caramilk chips!!! Found this in the next catalogue starting Wednesday!!!”

“Omg really?” one person asked.

“Yum! Yes please!” another said.

And another chimed in: “Already for sale at some stores."

The Caramilk hot cross buns are one of the items in Woolworths' new hot cross buns range, which was launched on Tuesday.

The range includes fruitless, fruit, and apple and cinnamon hot cross bun flavours.

For those who are looking for gluten-free options, Woolies has got you covered! - The supermarket is also selling gluten-free versions of the treats!

Nl2AsrcbbUsICdzyTcmA9k-j4P-7hwlW8AsAlB8Ccf1YIAGPI23TDQMzF-bvVouBfEBGxv0Qua1UmdJEFqZtDJIXl6Du7zIYLzNiRkvy2ibz7JsBVMBX52r2GJYtMIz-MnfFXsY
FRseDoHJpn_a-VSA_rZEJ-8wujR8pO0xsRQ5P6yDLnYce7hnGec6DSK7v3EJ0cNLumBG9wAzB5Gzd6SDkyleKMtSe9ltuLj9T97GaVSS5AjZKpjrg8uZnCo1Yne7q3EMRB5_t4U

The Caramilk flavour is part of Woolies’ new hot cross buns range, which also include an apple and cinnamon bun flavour and gluten-free options. Credit: Woolworths.

The Caramilk collaboration is described as "arguably the most exciting flavour yet" by Woolworths Bakery Commercial Director Jason McQuaid.

“Hot cross buns are incredibly popular this time of year,” he said.

“Last year, we sold more than two million individual hot cross buns the first week they were on sale, so we’re thrilled to help Aussies end another challenging year with a delicious treat.”

Cadbury Australia spokesperson Joanne Raven said that the company is "thrilled" to partner with the supermarket giant to make this "Australian-first" flavour available in the market.

“Perhaps one of our most iconic flavours to date, it’s no surprise that Aussies love Cadbury Caramilk, and what better way to close off 2021 and celebrate Easter than with the launch of this new decadent bun,” she said.

Are you looking forward to getting your hands on this decadent treat?

Sponsored
I am afraid that this doesn't turn me on at all. Easter is nowhere near at the moment and this is just pure marketing ploy. It is so sad that treats that were especially designed for Easter are sold so early in the year. I won't be buying them now.:(

Reactions: KatKop and Ricci
I am afraid that this doesn't turn me on at all. Easter is nowhere near at the moment and this is just pure marketing ploy. It is so sad that treats that were especially designed for Easter are sold so early in the year. I won't be buying them now.:(
I am so with you Liz, it really is a shame that the super market giants seem to have a need to go from one promotion to another! Really all we want as consumers is good produce at a reasonable price! Without sounding pretentious...my kids grew up on homemade hot cross buns, made close to Easter and depending when I wasn't working...

I am so with you Liz, it really is a shame that the super market giants seem to have a need to go from one promotion to another! Really all we want as consumers is good produce at a reasonable price! Without sounding pretentious...my kids grew up on homemade hot cross buns, made close to Easter and depending when I wasn't working...
100% agree with you. Money making racquet. People buy into this marketing ploy. I won't buy on principle, wait for Easter.

It is no secret that the Caramilk craze has taken Aussies by storm!

If you are one of the fans of this irresistible chocolate bar, then this news is for you!

Woolworths has recently partnered with Cadbury to sell limited edition Caramilk hot cross buns.

Yes, you read that right, folks!

The limited-edition Easter treats, which will retail for $4.50, will be available at the major supermarket stores from Wednesday.

-7yscZt2BLuY35mBfZRV0FEhhT9QFJuK5Bs2Zbe0O_surdbcmo0BFVvmcHGSO-83HZeyZtnE0robzVeXlc1oeUMZ1e7PN1xibP50ctSrxnMD3tVvO-ZKOtRsmYuKm6wbDCP0bRA

The decadent Caramilk hot cross buns will exclusively be available in Woolworths stores starting Wednesday. Credit: Erina Starkey.

A number of fans took to social media to express their excitement over the new exclusive treat.

One Facebook user wrote: “Now that Christmas is behind us, bring on Easter. Speaking of which, Woolies are launching Hot Cross Buns with Caramilk chips!!! Found this in the next catalogue starting Wednesday!!!”

“Omg really?” one person asked.

“Yum! Yes please!” another said.

And another chimed in: “Already for sale at some stores."

The Caramilk hot cross buns are one of the items in Woolworths' new hot cross buns range, which was launched on Tuesday.

The range includes fruitless, fruit, and apple and cinnamon hot cross bun flavours.

For those who are looking for gluten-free options, Woolies has got you covered! - The supermarket is also selling gluten-free versions of the treats!

Nl2AsrcbbUsICdzyTcmA9k-j4P-7hwlW8AsAlB8Ccf1YIAGPI23TDQMzF-bvVouBfEBGxv0Qua1UmdJEFqZtDJIXl6Du7zIYLzNiRkvy2ibz7JsBVMBX52r2GJYtMIz-MnfFXsY
FRseDoHJpn_a-VSA_rZEJ-8wujR8pO0xsRQ5P6yDLnYce7hnGec6DSK7v3EJ0cNLumBG9wAzB5Gzd6SDkyleKMtSe9ltuLj9T97GaVSS5AjZKpjrg8uZnCo1Yne7q3EMRB5_t4U

The Caramilk flavour is part of Woolies’ new hot cross buns range, which also include an apple and cinnamon bun flavour and gluten-free options. Credit: Woolworths.

The Caramilk collaboration is described as "arguably the most exciting flavour yet" by Woolworths Bakery Commercial Director Jason McQuaid.

“Hot cross buns are incredibly popular this time of year,” he said.

“Last year, we sold more than two million individual hot cross buns the first week they were on sale, so we’re thrilled to help Aussies end another challenging year with a delicious treat.”

Cadbury Australia spokesperson Joanne Raven said that the company is "thrilled" to partner with the supermarket giant to make this "Australian-first" flavour available in the market.

“Perhaps one of our most iconic flavours to date, it’s no surprise that Aussies love Cadbury Caramilk, and what better way to close off 2021 and celebrate Easter than with the launch of this new decadent bun,” she said.

Are you looking forward to getting your hands on this decadent treat?
No haven't tried, but my daughter is a caramilk nerd and has bought them.

Me too Diane D. My mum used to make them at Easter time. The good old days.

I love hot cross buns. Leave the cross off and they are fruit buns. I would eat them all year round. I tried Coles cheese and vegemite buns….delicious. I will certainly buy more.

Why are they selling hot cross Buns ,and Easter eggs in January ,I can’t understand it thank goodness I don’t eat either