Woolworths is Australia's Most Trusted Brand for 2023, according to a recent survey

For the second year running, Woolworths has taken out the top spot as Australia's Most Trusted Brand in the annual Roy Morgan survey.

The popular supermarket chain beat out stiff competition from hardware store Bunnings and discount department store Kmart to claim the coveted title.

The Roy Morgan Trusted Brand Awards survey asks roughly 25,000 Australians yearly about the brands they trust most across industries like supermarkets, retail, utilities and more. Metrics include favourability, reputation, and how well brands satisfy consumer needs.

As we all know, trust is a key factor when choosing brands and stores to shop at. Familiar names that have been around for years often garner more trust through their reputation and customer experience.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 10.39.59 AM.png
Roy Morgan announces Woolworths as Australia's Most Trusted Brand, alongside other category winners. Credit: Shutterstock.

The Roy Morgan Trusted Brand Awards celebrate 20 outstanding brands known for their trustworthiness in various categories, including Supermarkets, Retail, Services, Charities, and more.

Several Trusted Brand Award winners also made it to the Top 20 Most Trusted Brands list, with Woolworths, Bunnings, Kmart, Toyota, ABC, NRMA, Bendigo Bank, and Australia Post leading the way.

For the second year in a row, Woolworths has been named the 'Best of the Best' Most Trusted Brand, maintaining its status as the Most Trusted Brand for the past three years, a title it took from Bunnings in 2021.

Michele Levine, the CEO of Roy Morgan, provided some context for Woolworths' win, highlighting the challenges in the supermarket industry, including cost-of-living pressures and customer behaviour issues.

According to her, 'Trust is not a static achievement; it is continually tested, particularly in supermarkets.'

Respondents in the survey gave Woolworths high ratings for their quality products, customer-centric approach, reliability, and community involvement.

Respondents also mentioned the loyalty program, customer service, and weekly specials as highlights, with many saying they appreciated Woolworths for its frequent communication, customer care, and transparency.

Many also felt that Woolworths supported farmers and suppliers while taking care of customers and staff. One person even mentioned that products are consistently in good condition, and Woolworths is open about why something may be out of stock.

They also mentioned that Woolworths adds products to local stores based on demand and has friendly and reliable staff.

1698392266269.png

Among the trusted brands in Australia, some are consistent winners, like Woolworths (Best of the Best in Supermarkets), Bunnings (Retail), Kmart (Department & Discount Department Stores), Toyota (Automotive), Apple (Technology), and Australia Post (Services).

Other brands have earned trust over time, such as PayPal (Non-Bank Financial Services), CSIRO (Government Services), Samsung (Consumer Products), AustralianSuper (Superannuation), Salvation Army (Charities), Aussie Broadband (Telecommunications), and NRMA (Insurance).

Notably, this year, we saw two newcomers in the trusted brand lineup. Synergy emerged as the winner in the competitive Utilities sector, and Virgin Australia secured the title for the most trusted Travel & Tourism brand, replacing last year's winner, Qantas.

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has been named the 'Most Trusted Brand in Australia' for the second year in a row by the Roy Morgan Trusted Brand Awards.
  • For the 'Best of the Best' award, Woolworths beat other category winners such as Bunnings, Kmart, and Toyota.
  • Woolworths received high ratings for its superior, affordable products and for its focus on customer needs.
  • Other repeat winners were Bunnings, Kmart, Toyota, Apple, and Australia Post, among others, and Virgin Australia is a first-time winner.

Members, does Woolworths get your tick of approval as Australia's most trusted brand? Or do you prefer Coles, ALDI or another store? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Not meaning to sound like a tighta$$ although I probably am, I go where the specials are :)
Very smart, I am the same. Plenty savings to be made if you bother to make the effort.
I sit down with my coffee,.go through the half price app, then the Coles and Woolies apps to check specials.
I then do my basic shop at Aldi, especially my pet food which is considerably cheaper, then to the other stores where I have made note of the specials.
Half price items I buy in bulk, enough for about six weeks, when they are usually half price again.
It doesn't really take that long, though I must admit I have all three stores in the same street.

We buy at all three, woolworths, Cole's and a bit from Aldi but Cole's offers us by far the best flybuy offers to get spending dollars back and makes it a far better choice to shop at and we don't have to spend much. Between the big 2 I would be hard to choose between their arrogance these days. They have only one goal in mind and it is not their customers.

For the second year running, Woolworths has taken out the top spot as Australia's Most Trusted Brand in the annual Roy Morgan survey.

The popular supermarket chain beat out stiff competition from hardware store Bunnings and discount department store Kmart to claim the coveted title.

The Roy Morgan Trusted Brand Awards survey asks roughly 25,000 Australians yearly about the brands they trust most across industries like supermarkets, retail, utilities and more. Metrics include favourability, reputation, and how well brands satisfy consumer needs.

As we all know, trust is a key factor when choosing brands and stores to shop at. Familiar names that have been around for years often garner more trust through their reputation and customer experience.

View attachment 33203
Roy Morgan announces Woolworths as Australia's Most Trusted Brand, alongside other category winners. Credit: Shutterstock.

The Roy Morgan Trusted Brand Awards celebrate 20 outstanding brands known for their trustworthiness in various categories, including Supermarkets, Retail, Services, Charities, and more.

Several Trusted Brand Award winners also made it to the Top 20 Most Trusted Brands list, with Woolworths, Bunnings, Kmart, Toyota, ABC, NRMA, Bendigo Bank, and Australia Post leading the way.

For the second year in a row, Woolworths has been named the 'Best of the Best' Most Trusted Brand, maintaining its status as the Most Trusted Brand for the past three years, a title it took from Bunnings in 2021.

Michele Levine, the CEO of Roy Morgan, provided some context for Woolworths' win, highlighting the challenges in the supermarket industry, including cost-of-living pressures and customer behaviour issues.

According to her, 'Trust is not a static achievement; it is continually tested, particularly in supermarkets.'

Respondents in the survey gave Woolworths high ratings for their quality products, customer-centric approach, reliability, and community involvement.

Respondents also mentioned the loyalty program, customer service, and weekly specials as highlights, with many saying they appreciated Woolworths for its frequent communication, customer care, and transparency.

Many also felt that Woolworths supported farmers and suppliers while taking care of customers and staff. One person even mentioned that products are consistently in good condition, and Woolworths is open about why something may be out of stock.

They also mentioned that Woolworths adds products to local stores based on demand and has friendly and reliable staff.

Among the trusted brands in Australia, some are consistent winners, like Woolworths (Best of the Best in Supermarkets), Bunnings (Retail), Kmart (Department & Discount Department Stores), Toyota (Automotive), Apple (Technology), and Australia Post (Services).

Other brands have earned trust over time, such as PayPal (Non-Bank Financial Services), CSIRO (Government Services), Samsung (Consumer Products), AustralianSuper (Superannuation), Salvation Army (Charities), Aussie Broadband (Telecommunications), and NRMA (Insurance).

Notably, this year, we saw two newcomers in the trusted brand lineup. Synergy emerged as the winner in the competitive Utilities sector, and Virgin Australia secured the title for the most trusted Travel & Tourism brand, replacing last year's winner, Qantas.

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has been named the 'Most Trusted Brand in Australia' for the second year in a row by the Roy Morgan Trusted Brand Awards.
  • For the 'Best of the Best' award, Woolworths beat other category winners such as Bunnings, Kmart, and Toyota.
  • Woolworths received high ratings for its superior, affordable products and for its focus on customer needs.
  • Other repeat winners were Bunnings, Kmart, Toyota, Apple, and Australia Post, among others, and Virgin Australia is a first-time winner.

Members, does Woolworths get your tick of approval as Australia's most trusted brand? Or do you prefer Coles, ALDI or another store? Share your thoughts in the comments below!