Senior44

Mar 15, 2023
Woolies discontinuing cash out

Went to self check out at Woolies in Highett to withdraw cash, they had only one register that was able to perform this function.
When I enquired why was told that they are phasing out this function. As a pensioner I'm not anxious to pay the $2.50 charge to use the ATM outside the store

Went to self check out at Woolies in Highett to withdraw cash, they had only one register that was able to perform this function.
When I enquired why was told that they are phasing out this function. As a pensioner I'm not anxious to pay the $2.50 charge to use the ATM outside the store
I see people getting cash at the cigarette/enquiry counter at Woolworths.

Reactions: June E

I’m always scared of the atm swallowing up my card like a big blue voracious Cookie Monster 🤣slurp.

• Haha

MOST PEOPLE MAY NOT BE AWARE , BUT MAJOR RETAILERS ARE PAID TO GIVE OUT MONEY AS HAD ALLOWED THE CLOSING OF 1000,S OF BANK OUTLETS .

Last edited:
While we generally pay for most items by card and pay bills through our ANZ app, here in Warrnambool it's cash only on the local buses. We don't have Myki. Sometimes when you ask for coins out at the supermarket, they give you a grunt but reluctantly give you the coins. 🙄

• Sad