Woman sheds a whopping 72 kilos naturally–What’s her secret?

Fast food outlets at every corner and vending machines at every workplace have made convenience food almost inescapable.

But this easy access to junk food combined with sedentary lifestyles make it too easy to pile on the kilos. And that's exactly what happened to Victoria's very own, Olga Babatzani.

Burgers, pizzas, pasta dishes, pies, and sausage rolls–if it was fast, convenient, and big, she was all for it. Olga tipped the scales at 148kg, a burden she hid behind size 22 clothes.

junk food_pexels_9eb604c9-a2e2-4f50-b0fa-876c14b8e5e0.jpeg
If the food was fast, convenient, and big, Olga was all for it. Image source: Image by Polina Tankilevitch from pexels.

'I was getting bigger and bigger and was struggling physically and emotionally,' she confessed, expressing the distress felt by many struggling with weight issues.

'Coming from a Greek family,' she continued, 'the expectation is to settle down and marry. That hadn’t happened, and I believed that my appearance and weight was one of my biggest barriers.'

And so began Olga's struggle with shame and self-esteem. She felt trapped and her weight started affecting almost every aspect of her life.

As she was approaching her 40s, she resolved to turn the tide.

'I had reached my mid-to-late-30s and needed to do something with myself,' she said. Reflecting on her past attempts at weight loss, she acknowledged the challenge. After a few weeks, old habits would creep back in, but this time around, she was decided–there was simply no going back.

To ensure the shift in her lifestyle stuck this time, Olga took up an 800-calorie-a-day diet. She began a well-considered meal plan, educating herself about food that fuelled the body right.

Please note: The average recommended calorie intake is 2000 calories for women and 2500 for men.

This initial phase was tough, but as Olga continued her march towards a healthier lifestyle, things started to brighten. Week by week, as she stepped on the scale, her confidence seemed to grow just a smidgen.

The pivotal change in Olga's journey was the initiation of a newfound love for routine exercise. It began with forcing herself out of bed for a walk which eventually blossomed into genuine enjoyment.

Embracing this healthier lifestyle, by her 40th birthday, Olga had shed a remarkable 72.1kg. Now, rather than skipping breakfast or filling up on chocolates in between meals, she enjoys a healthy breakfast with Weetbix, light snacking on fruits, and well-balanced, nutritious meals throughout the day. ‘I drink approximately two litres of water a day,’ she added.

d41f1e0eb281b4b31745297ebb06e2ae4428cf6a.jpg
Olga had shed a remarkable 72.1kg by her 40th birthday. Image source: 7News.

The extraordinary transformation didn't stop at her physical health; the effects extended to her mental well-being too. Confidence replaced shame as she walked into stores, knowing they stocked her new size of 12/14.

Her weight loss ushered in a sense of self-love, confidence and independence. Olga reminds everyone: 'Whilst I may not have found a life partner, I have discovered an independent, confident, and loving woman within. And I now recognise that this is, and always has been, the ultimate goal.'

Olga's inspiring journey serves as a reminder that it's never too late to start. Embrace that inner energy and drive, channel it into positive actions, and make that goal happen. Don't ever underestimate the power of a healthy lifestyle. You never know the height at which it can elevate your life until you give it a go.

Here are some benefits of weight loss:

There are numerous benefits to losing weight.

For starters, shedding a sizeable number of kilos can dramatically increase your energy levels. When we cut excessive weight, our bodies feel lighter and more agile.

Losing weight also helps control various health conditions, including Type 2 Diabetes and heart disease. It also significantly reduces your risk of certain types of cancer and improves your mobility.

The psychological and emotional positive effects of weight loss are also invaluable. Better body image leads to increased self-esteem and confidence, which can drastically improve mental well-being.

Weight loss is a challenging journey but the rewards are priceless. But remember dear members, this isn't only about losing weight–it's also about feeling better physically, mentally, and showing the world that age is just a number when it comes to achieving personal goals.

That said, remember to consult with your doctor before starting any new fitness routines or diets.

Key Takeaways
  • Olga Babatzani, a Victorian local who tipped the scales at 148kg, transformed her life and body by losing 72.1kg.
  • She began doing daily walks and started sticking strictly to her 800-calorie-a-day diet and avoiding fast foods.
  • Babatzani began to see results on the scales and in her physical appearance which boosted her confidence.
  • Having altered her diet and integrated exercise into her routine, she revealed that aside from the health benefits, her mental well-being significantly improved.

Here’s another story on weight loss from a Sydney woman that may inspire you! What do you think about Olga’s fitness journey? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
Why put yourself in that position in the first place.
Some people can't help it , I'm thinking it was the food she grew up on. Also people put weight on for different reasons , illness, depression ect

I've learnt not to judge someone , I could never understand how someone could not control their mind and how anyone could suffer depression and not get themselves out of it until I became one of those who suffered depression and couldn't get my mind straight.
We just don't know why or understand why until we go or have gone through it

Some people can't help it , I'm thinking it was the food she grew up on. Also people put weight on for different reasons , illness, depression ect

I've learnt not to judge someone , I could never understand how someone could not control their mind and how anyone could suffer depression and not get themselves out of it until I became one of those who suffered depression and couldn't get my mind straight.
I agree. It's often not simplistic.

agree, I've put on weight with medications- side effect.

Fast food outlets at every corner and vending machines at every workplace have made convenience food almost inescapable.

But this easy access to junk food combined with sedentary lifestyles make it too easy to pile on the kilos. And that's exactly what happened to Victoria's very own, Olga Babatzani.

Burgers, pizzas, pasta dishes, pies, and sausage rolls–if it was fast, convenient, and big, she was all for it. Olga tipped the scales at 148kg, a burden she hid behind size 22 clothes.

View attachment 27459
If the food was fast, convenient, and big, Olga was all for it. Image source: Image by Polina Tankilevitch from pexels.

'I was getting bigger and bigger and was struggling physically and emotionally,' she confessed, expressing the distress felt by many struggling with weight issues.

'Coming from a Greek family,' she continued, 'the expectation is to settle down and marry. That hadn’t happened, and I believed that my appearance and weight was one of my biggest barriers.'

And so began Olga's struggle with shame and self-esteem. She felt trapped and her weight started affecting almost every aspect of her life.

'I had reached my mid-to-late-30s and needed to do something with myself,' she said. Reflecting on her past attempts at weight loss, she acknowledged the challenge. After a few weeks, old habits would creep back in, but this time around, she was decided–there was simply no going back.

To ensure the shift in her lifestyle stuck this time, Olga took up an 800-calorie-a-day diet. She began a well-considered meal plan, educating herself about food that fuelled the body right.

Please note: The average recommended calorie intake is 2000 calories for women and 2500 for men.

This initial phase was tough, but as Olga continued her march towards a healthier lifestyle, things started to brighten. Week by week, as she stepped on the scale, her confidence seemed to grow just a smidgen.

The pivotal change in Olga's journey was the initiation of a newfound love for routine exercise. It began with forcing herself out of bed for a walk which eventually blossomed into genuine enjoyment.

Embracing this healthier lifestyle, by her 40th birthday, Olga had shed a remarkable 72.1kg. Now, rather than skipping breakfast or filling up on chocolates in between meals, she enjoys a healthy breakfast with Weetbix, light snacking on fruits, and well-balanced, nutritious meals throughout the day. ‘I drink approximately two litres of water a day,’ she added.

View attachment 27458

The extraordinary transformation didn't stop at her physical health; the effects extended to her mental well-being too. Confidence replaced shame as she walked into stores, knowing they stocked her new size of 12/14.

Her weight loss ushered in a sense of self-love, confidence and independence. Olga reminds everyone: 'Whilst I may not have found a life partner, I have discovered an independent, confident, and loving woman within. And I now recognise that this is, and always has been, the ultimate goal.'

Olga's inspiring journey serves as a reminder that it's never too late to start. Embrace that inner energy and drive, channel it into positive actions, and make that goal happen. Don't ever underestimate the power of a healthy lifestyle. You never know the height at which it can elevate your life until you give it a go.

For starters, shedding a sizeable number of kilos can dramatically increase your energy levels. When we cut excessive weight, our bodies feel lighter and more agile.

Losing weight also helps control various health conditions, including Type 2 Diabetes and heart disease. It also significantly reduces your risk of certain types of cancer and improves your mobility.

The psychological and emotional positive effects of weight loss are also invaluable. Better body image leads to increased self-esteem and confidence, which can drastically improve mental well-being.

Weight loss is a challenging journey but the rewards are priceless. But remember dear members, this isn't only about losing weight–it's also about feeling better physically, mentally, and showing the world that age is just a number when it comes to achieving personal goals.

That said, remember to consult with your doctor before starting any new fitness routines or diets.

Key Takeaways

• Olga Babatzani, a Victorian local who tipped the scales at 148kg, transformed her life and body by losing 72.1kg.
  • She began doing daily walks and started sticking strictly to her 800-calorie-a-day diet and avoiding fast foods.
  • Babatzani began to see results on the scales and in her physical appearance which boosted her confidence.
  • Having altered her diet and integrated exercise into her routine, she revealed that aside from the health benefits, her mental well-being significantly improved.

Here’s another story on weight loss from a Sydney woman that may inspire you! What do you think about Olga’s fitness journey? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Fantastic great job hope she’s proud of herself such a fantastic goal

Well done to Olga but some of that story cannot be true. First I noticed she says she wore size 22 but from the photos and what I know about clothes the dress she is wearing could not be a size 22.
i don't think that having just an 800-calorie diet is good for someone especially which such a weight problem. A dietician would have not put her on this low calorie diet. But she has done well no matter how she did so I hope she stays healthy.

Dr Michael Mosely has promoted the Fast 800 diet for quite some time now. It has been extensively tested and is recommended by many dietitians and doctors. Specifically for patients who are in the morbidly obese category. It is not a long term diet but will give an initial weight loss boost and positively reduces blood sugar levels which can only help type 2 diabetes patients.

Well done to Olga but some of that story cannot be true. First I noticed she says she wore size 22 but from the photos and what I know about clothes the dress she is wearing could not be a size 22.
i don't think that having just an 800-calorie diet is good for someone especially which such a weight problem. A dietician would have not put her on this low calorie diet. But she has done well no matter how she did so I hope she stays healthy.
What size do you think she was ?

I'm thinking she is close to what she said she is and that is a size 22 or 24

I've helped many plus Size brides find a dress and at times have been surprised that their size was different to what they either looked or said was their size

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezzy and Ricki

View attachment 27459

View attachment 27458

Key Takeaways

I have an over abundance of will power, unfortunately this is not matched by an over abundance of WON"T POWER?

Hi, OLGA if you dont mind id like to give you a compliment = you look great , you say you have,nt got a life long partner yet , well dont despair you will know him when you meet him as he will know you are the one he,s been looking , it wont be words it will be a feeling , i know it happened to me as it has happened to a lot of others, and congradulations on your weight loss ,

Hi, OLGA if you dont mind id like to give you a compliment = you look great , you say you have,nt got a life long partner yet , well dont despair you will know him when you meet him as he will know you are the one he,s been looking , it wont be words it will be a feeling , i know it happened to me as it has happened to a lot of others, and congradulations on your
weight loss ,

Hi, OLGA if you dont mind id like to give you a compliment = you look great , you say you have,nt got a life long partner yet , well dont despair you will know him when you meet him as he will know you are the one he,s been looking , it wont be words it will be a feeling , i know it happened to me as it has happened to a lot of others, and congradulations on your weight loss ,
I'm not Olga I'm Suzanne 🙂

Reactions: Leenie
Some years ago I started Michael Mosley's 8 week blood sugar diet, which is also 800 calories per day. However I found I was constantly tired, lacking energy and feeling sick. I realised that 800 calories is just too low and not a healthy way to lose weight. I still followed the same foods but increased the calories and I felt so much better. I still lost weight, it just took a bit longer.

Reactions: Ezzy

View attachment 27459

View attachment 27458

Key Takeaways

Good on you, im a procrastinating individual.
So I make things harder for myself also my struggles with weight also mental health issues ,but I must disagree that yes losing weight may help with self-esteem, but not with mental health .JW

Reactions: KaraJenna