Woman’s husband comes out as gay and ‘almost breaks’ her – but there’s a happy ending

One of the biggest fears that we all have when committing to a romantic relationship is potentially getting cheated on. Nothing hurts more than being betrayed by the love of your life…

But one woman had to face an entirely different dilemma that nearly ended her relationship with her husband forever. After 18 years of marriage, David told Sarah that he was gay and could no longer live a lie.

Although David informed Serena that he was bisexual when they started dating 23 years ago, he explained that he was mistaken.

When the couple met in June 1999, David was in sales while Serena worked in a bank in their hometown, Bournemouth.

At the time, David was a customer and was ‘mesmerised by her beauty and multi-tasking skills’, so he asked her out on a date.

Three months later, David moved in with her. Three more months after that Serena was pregnant with their first child, Abbey.

‘We were ecstatic,’ Serena reminisced. ‘I remember walking into our bedroom, holding a positive pregnancy test, and David climbing out of bed and getting down on one knee, asking tearfully: “Will you marry me?”’

‘I had no reservations about marrying someone I thought was bisexual because when you exchange wedding vows, you commit to one person.’

‘My whole world exploded when David told me he no longer wanted to be with me and wanted to date men.’ Serena continued.

WlGqt9XtNVST9wAQkOKoqr_ugnoX7ZGDqvoW1izBZKMe7xoY2ZtwtXLIO9FaVg_IEyEPpfIs5fFV4MndIia6ZpR3gv6awP907pUn_30MQGs3ctYtTXc6jZOdjsJUA6MVI7LC07hgRP8DLq2Tg-uwMsnG7yOBpKldDc2HcjVvzrYEYHknas1ypvrNSA

David and Serena were married for 18 years. Source: Daily Mail

‘I honestly didn’t know how I was going to go on living without him and yet, unlike when a husband goes off with another woman, I knew I couldn’t possibly compete. I’d lost the fight hands down because I wasn’t a man. David made it clear that being with men was the only thing that would make him happy.’

Serena was unable to eat and lost over 10 kilograms. She admitted feeling so anxious that she barely slept for months.

‘I actually hated him for doing that to me – I’m ashamed to it admit now but I used to hate the whole gay community.’

‘I remember a friend being appalled by some of the things I was saying… She said: “Serena, this is not like you!” but I was hurting so much. David was the love of my life — I was struggling to accept that I could never be the love of his.’

Serena credits their children, Abbey, 21, and George, 20, who are both students, for helping her wade through the nightmare. But they had some serious adjusting to do too as the revelation about their father’s sexuality blindsided them both.

‘I couldn’t have been happier — I have always wanted children.’ David said. ‘Serena is a beautiful woman and I was very attracted to her. I definitely loved her. I still do — just not in the way a husband loves a wife.’

David, who now runs a pub quiz company, struggled to explain how he agreed to commit to a heterosexual relationship, saying: ‘I wish I had an answer... But, when I proposed, I was as sure as anyone can be that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Serena.’

When they split, Serena was convinced that David used her to achieve his dream of being a father.

‘The only way I could make sense of what David had done was to assume he’d wanted children but not a wife, which left me feeling used.’ she said.

Abbey was only eight months old when Serena found out she was pregnant with George. Although it was unexpected, the couple were keen at the time. But after George’s birth, Serena and David’s sex life went down the drain and never recovered.

‘When I spoke to friends with young children, they admitted rarely having sex either, we were all so exhausted.’ Serena detailed.

_aOS-Y4B4FIi3ZetFdOTkLhvQ5o1RR0EsMyKfwWHSnys8ipXh9BbWIJiK-DsThCuU6KuAsMm6nzbtH82pHB9S1qTbTfcPOuZF3qVoMe9EAkxpOjNBM46iLNP8x260g5ywppYIDxs_sdblpOhhEh7m3bH1_L-z3GQ8KiIKMMwKMz96MQlUrL05VSK0g

Serena felt broken when David came out. Source: Daily Mail

‘David and I were always tactile. In bed, we would cuddle, kiss each other, and say “I love you.” It never led to anything more intimate, because, I imagined, we were out of the habit. We held hands and put our arms around each other when we were out, just like any normal couple.’

For David, the ‘desire was just not there’, something he also thought was due to the exhaustion of raising a family.

Eventually, David did start to assess his feelings. He admits that several years into the marriage, he gradually became aware that he ‘was gay and wanted to be with men’.

He even dropped hints about feeling unfulfilled and needing to explore his ‘true identity’... But Serena failed to read the signs. Despite the dissatisfaction, he couldn’t bear the thought of becoming ‘a weekend dad’ or cheating on Serena.

So, their relationship went on until September 2018, when David admitted that he was gay and announced that he was going to move to Spain and take his business to a bustling resort there.

‘I was very depressed for a while,’ he recalled. ‘I was doing a job (sales) that I didn’t like and I was in a marriage that didn’t work for me. The children were teenagers and I couldn’t carry on. Either I was going to die very bitter, or finally do something that made me happy.’

‘I made friends in Spain and there’s a big gay community, so I hoped sex with men would be part of the package.’

However, David never mentioned any of his plans to Serena. A week after his departure they were talking over FaceTime and she said: ‘I’m sensing that you don’t want to be with me anymore.’

In response, David said: ‘No, I don’t – and I’m not coming back.’

Seeing their mother spiral, Abbey and George, then 16 and 17, were starting to catch on.

‘I don’t remember my exact words but I do remember telling them, in a state of upset and anger: “Your dad’s not coming back — and he’s gay”.’ she recalled.

‘Abbey kept saying: “No, Dad wouldn’t do that.” And I responded: “Well, he has”.’

‘George just paced up and down the lounge saying: “Oh my God”. Eventually, he said: “Well, if that’s Dad, that’s Dad”.’

The following day, when Serena informed David that their children knew, he was enraged.

Serena argued that she didn’t want the children holding on to any hope that things would go back to how they were.

‘Why? Because coming out is massively important to gay people. This is why “outing” people is considered to be such a terrible thing to do. It is so grotesquely unfair and you should be able to share, as and when you feel it’s appropriate.’ David defended himself.

‘I was denied my chance to speak to my own children about my sexuality because Serena had told them I was gay, instead of allowing me to do that, and, as far as I'm concerned, that's unforgivable.’

‘However, we have both done things the other has found deeply hurtful and have had to move on, otherwise, we’d be resentful and bitter forever.’

David decided to explain everything to their children through a video.

zkiVd9gS7-3M8n1mJVkdTV1umDZORYBiEZkyotb0fpmO4wWNV2Ayo-qCetTs1XCqasAXS9iRc3uorJpsyhUKsY5JGtXznThBPFYdUuyhkH9r2j9WP9c-2vFpyBITMFDea9_ZJyNBV9VylIkcnRCBXONjeji4fe_3Dwy7EWp85OC5WwEm4zxdmbz68Q

Serena with Abbey and George. Source: Daily Mail

‘I told them I wasn’t the right man for their mother. I don’t think I said anything more explicit, because Serena had already done that.’ he added.

‘I dated a couple of men, nothing serious, but the important thing was being able to be truly myself.’

Over the next few months, David’s business plans went south. As fears about how they were going to continue paying for their family home grew, Serena decided to fly to Gran Canaria to see if their marriage could be salvaged.

‘I missed David so much that I wasn’t functioning properly,’ she admitted. ‘I had to take time off work because I was having panic attacks that kept me awake all night, and my friends and family were worried about how much weight I’d lost. A bit of me hoped he’d see me and decide he wanted to be with me again after all.’

‘At the same time, I was worried sick about how I was going to keep paying the mortgage and bills on my own. I wanted to make sure David intended to carry on contributing, at least until the children left home.’

Despite all the chaos that the pair endured, when they reunited, David and Serena effortlessly slipped into a friendly companionship.

‘David looked happier and healthier than he had in years, and the first thing he said was: “Have you come to drag me back then?” We shared the double bed in his Airbnb that night, snuggling up together as usual.’ she continued.

Desperate to hold on to her husband, Serena initially agreed to be in an ‘open marriage’ with David as he pursued other men. As she had no interest in dating other people, Serena realised that the torment had become too much to bear within a few weeks.

‘I hated it. I couldn’t go near him when he came home from these dates,’ she recalled. ‘One afternoon, in May 2019, I told him I couldn’t carry on. We removed our wedding rings and I said we would each have to find somewhere else to live. I remember David rushing off to the loo in tears. Even though he didn’t want me like a traditional wife, he didn’t want to live apart from the children.’

‘I had thought I could still live with him, but it turned out I couldn’t, and I told him, angrily, that it was selfish of him to expect me to do so.’

After that, David decided to move out of their family home. Even though they live in separate houses now, they are only a 15-minute drive away from each other.

However, David’s relationship with some of the family members was in tatters. While George regularly visited his father, Abbey completely cut off communications with him. Serena’s only contact with him was to discuss finances at the time.

‘I felt so hurt and although I never asked her not to see her dad, I think Abbey was being loyal to me.’ Serena said.

After a while, Serena found herself in a new relationship and it seemed as though she and David might never be close again.

That is until things took a dramatic turn last year.

When Serena’s two-and-a-half-year relationship ended, she called the person that she once knew best.

‘I called David because only he would understand how I was feeling.’ Serena said.

‘I had a good cry and David was really comforting.’

They met for dinner several times in the months that followed and gradually, a newfound friendship blossomed between them.

In March, Serena asked David to join her and the children for Mother’s Day. His relationship with Abbey was finally mended.

‘Abbey told me she’d felt abandoned. I hadn’t imagined it would matter so much to her — but I was wrong. That was very upsetting.’

‘George asked me recently: “Are you happy you had children?” I thought “How could he even doubt that?” I told him that I definitely am.’ David continued.

‘I still feel that, after my children, she is the closest person to me. I feel bad that Serena didn’t have enough information to make the right decisions… But I could never regret having our children.’

Serena is more circumspect. ‘If we’d known how things would turn out we probably wouldn’t have gone ahead with it… But I only have to look at our children to know that would have been a great shame.’

‘I wouldn’t be without them and, strange though it may sound, I feel honoured that David chose to have them with me. I was very much in love with him. Most importantly to me, we were good parents, so although there was a fundamental flaw in our marriage, we must have done something right.'

Now, David and Serena hold no resentment against each other and are ‘the best of friends’.

What are your thoughts about this story? What would you have done if you were in David or Serena’s shoes? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
One of the biggest fears that we all have when committing to a romantic relationship is potentially getting cheated on. Nothing hurts more than being betrayed by the love of your life…

But one woman had to face an entirely different dilemma that nearly ended her relationship with her husband forever. After 18 years of marriage, David told Sarah that he was gay and could no longer live a lie.

Although David informed Serena that he was bisexual when they started dating 23 years ago, he explained that he was mistaken.

When the couple met in June 1999, David was in sales while Serena worked in a bank in their hometown, Bournemouth.

At the time, David was a customer and was ‘mesmerised by her beauty and multi-tasking skills’, so he asked her out on a date.

Three months later, David moved in with her. Three more months after that Serena was pregnant with their first child, Abbey.

‘We were ecstatic,’ Serena reminisced. ‘I remember walking into our bedroom, holding a positive pregnancy test, and David climbing out of bed and getting down on one knee, asking tearfully: “Will you marry me?”’

‘I had no reservations about marrying someone I thought was bisexual because when you exchange wedding vows, you commit to one person.’

‘My whole world exploded when David told me he no longer wanted to be with me and wanted to date men.’ Serena continued.

WlGqt9XtNVST9wAQkOKoqr_ugnoX7ZGDqvoW1izBZKMe7xoY2ZtwtXLIO9FaVg_IEyEPpfIs5fFV4MndIia6ZpR3gv6awP907pUn_30MQGs3ctYtTXc6jZOdjsJUA6MVI7LC07hgRP8DLq2Tg-uwMsnG7yOBpKldDc2HcjVvzrYEYHknas1ypvrNSA

‘I honestly didn’t know how I was going to go on living without him and yet, unlike when a husband goes off with another woman, I knew I couldn’t possibly compete. I’d lost the fight hands down because I wasn’t a man. David made it clear that being with men was the only thing that would make him happy.’

Serena was unable to eat and lost over 10 kilograms. She admitted feeling so anxious that she barely slept for months.

‘I actually hated him for doing that to me – I’m ashamed to it admit now but I used to hate the whole gay community.’

‘I remember a friend being appalled by some of the things I was saying… She said: “Serena, this is not like you!” but I was hurting so much. David was the love of my life — I was struggling to accept that I could never be the love of his.’

Serena credits their children, Abbey, 21, and George, 20, who are both students, for helping her wade through the nightmare. But they had some serious adjusting to do too as the revelation about their father’s sexuality blindsided them both.

‘I couldn’t have been happier — I have always wanted children.’ David said. ‘Serena is a beautiful woman and I was very attracted to her. I definitely loved her. I still do — just not in the way a husband loves a wife.’

David, who now runs a pub quiz company, struggled to explain how he agreed to commit to a heterosexual relationship, saying: ‘I wish I had an answer... But, when I proposed, I was as sure as anyone can be that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Serena.’

When they split, Serena was convinced that David used her to achieve his dream of being a father.

‘The only way I could make sense of what David had done was to assume he’d wanted children but not a wife, which left me feeling used.’ she said.

Abbey was only eight months old when Serena found out she was pregnant with George. Although it was unexpected, the couple were keen at the time. But after George’s birth, Serena and David’s sex life went down the drain and never recovered.

‘When I spoke to friends with young children, they admitted rarely having sex either, we were all so exhausted.’ Serena detailed.

_aOS-Y4B4FIi3ZetFdOTkLhvQ5o1RR0EsMyKfwWHSnys8ipXh9BbWIJiK-DsThCuU6KuAsMm6nzbtH82pHB9S1qTbTfcPOuZF3qVoMe9EAkxpOjNBM46iLNP8x260g5ywppYIDxs_sdblpOhhEh7m3bH1_L-z3GQ8KiIKMMwKMz96MQlUrL05VSK0g

‘David and I were always tactile. In bed, we would cuddle, kiss each other, and say “I love you.” It never led to anything more intimate, because, I imagined, we were out of the habit. We held hands and put our arms around each other when we were out, just like any normal couple.’

For David, the ‘desire was just not there’, something he also thought was due to the exhaustion of raising a family.

Eventually, David did start to assess his feelings. He admits that several years into the marriage, he gradually became aware that he ‘was gay and wanted to be with men’.

He even dropped hints about feeling unfulfilled and needing to explore his ‘true identity’... But Serena failed to read the signs. Despite the dissatisfaction, he couldn’t bear the thought of becoming ‘a weekend dad’ or cheating on Serena.

So, their relationship went on until September 2018, when David admitted that he was gay and announced that he was going to move to Spain and take his business to a bustling resort there.

‘I was very depressed for a while,’ he recalled. ‘I was doing a job (sales) that I didn’t like and I was in a marriage that didn’t work for me. The children were teenagers and I couldn’t carry on. Either I was going to die very bitter, or finally do something that made me happy.’

‘I made friends in Spain and there’s a big gay community, so I hoped sex with men would be part of the package.’

However, David never mentioned any of his plans to Serena. A week after his departure they were talking over FaceTime and she said: ‘I’m sensing that you don’t want to be with me anymore.’

Seeing their mother spiral, Abbey and George, then 16 and 17, were starting to catch on.

‘I don’t remember my exact words but I do remember telling them, in a state of upset and anger: “Your dad’s not coming back — and he’s gay”.’ she recalled.

‘Abbey kept saying: “No, Dad wouldn’t do that.” And I responded: “Well, he has”.’

‘George just paced up and down the lounge saying: “Oh my God”. Eventually, he said: “Well, if that’s Dad, that’s Dad”.’

The following day, when Serena informed David that their children knew, he was enraged.

Serena argued that she didn’t want the children holding on to any hope that things would go back to how they were.

‘Why? Because coming out is massively important to gay people. This is why “outing” people is considered to be such a terrible thing to do. It is so grotesquely unfair and you should be able to share, as and when you feel it’s appropriate.’ David defended himself.

‘I was denied my chance to speak to my own children about my sexuality because Serena had told them I was gay, instead of allowing me to do that, and, as far as I'm concerned, that's unforgivable.’

‘However, we have both done things the other has found deeply hurtful and have had to move on, otherwise, we’d be resentful and bitter forever.’

zkiVd9gS7-3M8n1mJVkdTV1umDZORYBiEZkyotb0fpmO4wWNV2Ayo-qCetTs1XCqasAXS9iRc3uorJpsyhUKsY5JGtXznThBPFYdUuyhkH9r2j9WP9c-2vFpyBITMFDea9_ZJyNBV9VylIkcnRCBXONjeji4fe_3Dwy7EWp85OC5WwEm4zxdmbz68Q

‘I told them I wasn’t the right man for their mother. I don’t think I said anything more explicit, because Serena had already done that.’ he added.

‘I dated a couple of men, nothing serious, but the important thing was being able to be truly myself.’

Over the next few months, David’s business plans went south. As fears about how they were going to continue paying for their family home grew, Serena decided to fly to Gran Canaria to see if their marriage could be salvaged.

‘I missed David so much that I wasn’t functioning properly,’ she admitted. ‘I had to take time off work because I was having panic attacks that kept me awake all night, and my friends and family were worried about how much weight I’d lost. A bit of me hoped he’d see me and decide he wanted to be with me again after all.’

‘At the same time, I was worried sick about how I was going to keep paying the mortgage and bills on my own. I wanted to make sure David intended to carry on contributing, at least until the children left home.’

Despite all the chaos that the pair endured, when they reunited, David and Serena effortlessly slipped into a friendly companionship.

‘David looked happier and healthier than he had in years, and the first thing he said was: “Have you come to drag me back then?” We shared the double bed in his Airbnb that night, snuggling up together as usual.’ she continued.

Desperate to hold on to her husband, Serena initially agreed to be in an ‘open marriage’ with David as he pursued other men. As she had no interest in dating other people, Serena realised that the torment had become too much to bear within a few weeks.

‘I hated it. I couldn’t go near him when he came home from these dates,’ she recalled. ‘One afternoon, in May 2019, I told him I couldn’t carry on. We removed our wedding rings and I said we would each have to find somewhere else to live. I remember David rushing off to the loo in tears. Even though he didn’t want me like a traditional wife, he didn’t want to live apart from the children.’

‘I had thought I could still live with him, but it turned out I couldn’t, and I told him, angrily, that it was selfish of him to expect me to do so.’

After that, David decided to move out of their family home. Even though they live in separate houses now, they are only a 15-minute drive away from each other.

However, David’s relationship with some of the family members was in tatters. While George regularly visited his father, Abbey completely cut off communications with him. Serena’s only contact with him was to discuss finances at the time.

‘I felt so hurt and although I never asked her not to see her dad, I think Abbey was being loyal to me.’ Serena said.

After a while, Serena found herself in a new relationship and it seemed as though she and David might never be close again.

When Serena’s two-and-a-half-year relationship ended, she called the person that she once knew best.

‘I called David because only he would understand how I was feeling.’ Serena said.

They met for dinner several times in the months that followed and gradually, a newfound friendship blossomed between them.

In March, Serena asked David to join her and the children for Mother’s Day. His relationship with Abbey was finally mended.

‘Abbey told me she’d felt abandoned. I hadn’t imagined it would matter so much to her — but I was wrong. That was very upsetting.’

‘George asked me recently: “Are you happy you had children?” I thought “How could he even doubt that?” I told him that I definitely am.’ David continued.

‘I still feel that, after my children, she is the closest person to me. I feel bad that Serena didn’t have enough information to make the right decisions… But I could never regret having our children.’

Serena is more circumspect. ‘If we’d known how things would turn out we probably wouldn’t have gone ahead with it… But I only have to look at our children to know that would have been a great shame.’

‘I wouldn’t be without them and, strange though it may sound, I feel honoured that David chose to have them with me. I was very much in love with him. Most importantly to me, we were good parents, so although there was a fundamental flaw in our marriage, we must have done something right.'

Now, David and Serena hold no resentment against each other and are ‘the best of friends’.

What are your thoughts about this story? What would you have done if you were in David or Serena’s shoes? Let us know in the comments below!
Been going on for centuries.Both male and female.

The problem is more common than people imagine. At least some husbands have the courage to speak up and set their wives free. Mine did not and lived a duplicitous life, and in public he purported to be a loving husband and father. Behind the white picket fence nothing could have been further from the truth. It was his treatment toward me that caused me to walk out after 34 years of marriage. It was only then that I learned he was homosexual and had married me to quell his desire for men. I have nothing to do with him these days. His gutless actions was a sabotage of my life and he is not deserving of my support. That said I have not allowed the past to destroy my future and these days I can honestly say I have never felt more empowered, fulfilled or content with my life.

A very similar thing happened to a good friend of mine, they had two boys and everyone thought they were a very happy family. It was a terrible time when they separated but to see them now is vastly different. They are both so much happier, he has found a new soulmate and they have been married for a couple of years. She too has found new love and the relationship is solid. The kids although confused both understood that they were loved and any new living situations wouldn't change that. they have matured into exceptional young men, both with a level of understanding and maturity not usually granted to young lives. Although the separation and inevitable divorce was a torrid time they have all emerged as better people, more content, less judgmental and more accepting of everyone around them. I am pleased to call each of them a friend.:)

I had a male friend who I was sure was gay as did alot of other people. We thought this for years . He is Godfather of one of my kids

He met a woman and they married which surprised us

They had a girl then a boy.

They moved a few doors away from me and I formed a close relationship with his wife, then one day she confided in me that he sleeps on the lounge every night and that they are no longer intimate.

Then one day he came home and asked her to get an aids test as he said leaving work late one night he was raped.

I didn't believe this and I asked her if she believed it, she said she didn't know what to believe, when I told her what I suspected for years , she sat silent for a few minutes then said she had heard this rumour before and blocked it out but said everything makes sense.

They separated, she moved back to her dads and him to his mum.

After awhile they sold their house and divorced and he finally came out that he was gay , that being from a strict Greek Orthodox family and his biggest wish to be a father , he had to Marry.

He became a recluse , she continued living in her father's home

I wished he came out earlier before marrying and ruining his wife's life

I knew when my sister was trying to matchmake me with my current wife that I was gay. But, those days you just didn't come out. I'm not sure my wife knows I'm gay or not, but it's like the couple in the story above, she is a great friend and when having our time to have a child, I had to think I was doing it with a guy rather than a female as females just don't excite me sexually.

I've met so many guys who are either bi or gay, married and just not getting along like a good couple should, so many guys of my age bracket just did not come out as gay back in the late 70's and early 80's. Oh how different it is now, kids these days just come out as soon as they know what is going on in their life. I will remain a closet gay, as I have regular guys who I make contact with on odd occasion which keeps me sane.

I knew when my sister was trying to matchmake me with my current wife that I was gay. But, those days you just didn't come out. I'm not sure my wife knows I'm gay or not, but it's like the couple in the story above, she is a great friend and when having our time to have a child, I had to think I was doing it with a guy rather than a female as females just don't excite me sexually.

I've met so many guys who are either bi or gay, married and just not getting along like a good couple should, so many guys of my age bracket just did not come out as gay back in the late 70's and early 80's. Oh how different it is now, kids these days just come out as soon as they know what is going on in their life. I will remain a closet gay, as I have regular guys who I make contact with on odd occasion which keeps me sane.
I'm sorry you don't feel able to be the true you.:(

Without being rude, can I ask why you haven't came out?

Why did you marry ?

Again I don't want to sound rude but are you still with your wife ?
Do you still share a bed with her ?
If you do then don't you think it's wrong that you are cheating on her, regardless if it's with a woman or a man ?
I know you have kept this secret but I really feel sorry for your wife.
I think someone who is gay and only marries to have a child is so wrong in sooo many ways because it affects another or other person's.

Maybe you should open up and tell her ! Yes she maybe crushed but in the end you can have your life and be the person you want to be and your wife will be free to maybe find a man who truly loves her for being a woman.

You are playing the story of the victim but your wife is the victim. Even saying that you pretended that she was a man when you were making babies with her is so wrong.

Maybe you need to seek help maybe speak to a marriage counsellor so they can advise you the best way to tell your wife.

Can I ask how old you both are and also your kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Without being rude, can I ask why you haven't came out?

Why did you marry ?

Again I don't want to sound rude but are you still with your wife ?
Do you still share a bed with her ?
If you do then don't you think it's wrong that you are cheating on her, regardless if it's a woman or a man ?
I know you have kept this secret but I really feel sorry for your wife.
I think someone who is gay and only marries to have a child is so wrong because it affects another person.
I did not marry just to have a child, it was my wife who wanted the child. My family thought it time I did marry, I would have been quite happy to be alone and with a man that I was living with before I met my sister tried her hardest (it worked) to get us together. The guy I was living with, died of a heart attack before I met my wife.

Yes, I know it's cheating, but sex finished a long time ago, and we have not slept in the same bed since she stirs a lot during the night and was waking me. Yes it's wrong to cheat having sex with my own sex but since sex has not played a part in our relationship since the child was born, then my needs are just as acute as they were when younger.

I am pretty sure my wife has a feeling I'm gay, as she has come in the office with a page up that has other men on it in all sorts of undress and stuff, and not said anything, and she isn't dumb, so she must have thought something is going on with me.

• Sad
Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
I did not marry just to have a child, it was my wife who wanted the child. My family thought it time I did marry, I would have been quite happy to be alone and with a man that I was living with before I met my sister tried her hardest (it worked) to get us together. The guy I was living with, died of a heart attack before I met my wife.

Yes, I know it's cheating, but sex finished a long time ago, and we have not slept in the same bed since she stirs a lot during the night and was waking me. Yes it's wrong to cheat having sex with my own sex but since sex has not played a part in our relationship since the child was born, then my needs are just as acute as they were when younger.

I am pretty sure my wife has a feeling I'm gay, as she has come in the office with a page up that has other men on it in all sorts of undress and stuff, and not said anything, and she isn't dumb, so she must have thought something is going on with me.
Maybe you should talk to her.
It sounds like your not happy and I would say your wife's not happy.
Maybe the book with undressed men might have been directed at you in what she wants.

You need to open up to your wife.
What are you afraid off or afraid of losing.

Reactions: Ricci
Thanks, it is a case of just putting up with it I guess.
Only you know your true circumstances. You have been brave enough to tell a whole bunch of people that you don't know about your family life. Maybe your wife wouldn't be as shocked as you might think, unless she has rocks in her head she must have by now picked up on various signs. It would be such a weight off of everyone's shoulders, the air would be cleared and maybe a stronger friendship would evolve over time. You only get one life and you have to make it count, Fingers crossed everything works out well for you.:)

Do you just have one child ? Are you close.
It sounds like you maybe didn't want kids and you only married to make your family happy.
Now it's time to be honest , to be upfront so both you and your wife can move forward and at least enjoy the next part of your life.

Instead of having a number of men as partners can you chose just one.

Maybe opening up with your wife will allow you to move on as friends and allow you to be what you want to be

Reactions: debjoel21 and Ricci