Witness the heart-warming Woolworths gesture that kept everyone cool during a scorching day

We’ve all experienced a hot summer day where the only thing you can think of is a tall, cold glass of water. But, imagine being outside on the hottest day of the year with no way to access free water.

It’s an experience one shopper almost faced recently until her local Woolworths store stepped in to help.

Taking to Facebook, the woman shared a photo of a shopping cart placed outside her local Woolies, filled with bottles of water.

Along with her post, she wrote: 'Not a markdown but I thought this was a kind gesture on a hot day. Yes I know it's not much and they make lots of money but I thought this deserves a bit of appreciation.'

The shopper pointed out that the Woolworths team made an effort to provide relief for those who were struggling in the heat.

331065443_5923269947731253_9001283274442184464_n.jpg
One shopper shared how her local Woolworths store offered free bottled water to customers on a scorching summer day. Credit: Facebook.

The simple and generous act of kindness didn’t go unnoticed, with many shoppers taking a moment to thank the staff for their kindness.

One user praised: ‘Well done to the management at that store! It’s the little things that people appreciate.’

‘That’s a great idea. Well done, Woolies!’ another wrote.

A third chimed in: ‘Great gesture! Something I’m going to suggest to my local Woolies.’

Some shoppers confirmed that various Woolworths stores are offering the same services to their customers.

One person recalled: ‘Our local Woolies does it. I was quite impressed with the gesture, and appreciated it as I was going to buy one to drink while shopping after work being so hot.’

‘They do this in all Woolworths when it gets way too hot. It’s very kind of them,’ another claimed.

A third added: ‘They did this at Morayfield last weekend when it was ridiculously hot & humid. First time I'd ever seen it. Nice and icy cold too.’

‘We had the same in the Ashwood Woolies. I thanked the cashier. It was very hot yesterday and I did appreciate the cold water,’ another said.

Many others also vouched about Woolworths’ heartwarming charity work to help those in need.

An employee shared: ‘I’m proud to say that I work at Woolies and they do a lot for charities also.’

In fact, the retailer is said to donate fruit to schools located in low socioeconomic neighbourhoods.

‘Woolies is amazing. They supply my kid’s school with fruit for free every week. Majority of the kids come from less fortunate families,’ one mum said.

Another vouched, saying: ‘I work at a very low socioeconomic primary school and our local Woolies is donating a whole box of fruit a week to give out to kids for a fruit break time in the morning!’

‘Awesome! And I love the Free Fruit for Kids. It's saved me so many times when shopping with my babies,’ another mum wrote.

11225418_937023736369758_3492417552540640128_o.jpg
Many people praised the retailer for its ‘Free Fruit for Kids’ program. Credit: Facebook/Woolworths.

And while many were singing their praises to the retailer, some seem to be unimpressed with the move.

One person said: ‘If only stores would do this with the produce and even shelf-stable food they throw in the trash daily.’

It is understood that Woolworths does have arrangements in place to donate food that can no longer be sold, however, these are through organisations and not individual shoppers.

‘My local would NEVER do that! They don’t even grasp the concept of “free fruit for kids” and fill it with fruit which cannot be sold nor consumed!’ another angry customer said.

Key Takeaways
  • A shopper shared a photo of a shopping cart placed outside her local Woolies, filled with bottles of water, on a hot summer day.
  • The simple and generous act of kindness didn't go unnoticed, with many shoppers taking a moment to thank the staff for their kindness during this difficult time.
  • Some shoppers confirmed that various Woolworths stores are offering the same services to their customers during hot days.
  • While many were singing their praises to the retailer, some seem to be unimpressed with the move, wanting Woolworths to do more for those struggling.

It doesn’t take a grand gesture to make a difference. Every one of us can make the world a better place by engaging in small, kind acts.

Doing a simple good deed can create a ripple effect of positivity, inspiring others to do the same.

While some may think this small gesture isn’t a good enough reason to give the store a pat on the back, we commend the retailer for going out of their way to help out their customers and give back to the community.

Do you have any heartwarming stories of acts of kindness that you'd love to share? We'd love to hear them in the comments!

Sponsored
We’ve all experienced a hot summer day where the only thing you can think of is a tall, cold glass of water. But, imagine being outside on the hottest day of the year with no way to access free water.

It’s an experience one shopper almost faced recently until her local Woolworths store stepped in to help.

Taking to Facebook, the woman shared a photo of a shopping cart placed outside her local Woolies, filled with bottles of water.

Along with her post, she wrote: 'Not a markdown but I thought this was a kind gesture on a hot day. Yes I know it's not much and they make lots of money but I thought this deserves a bit of appreciation.'

The shopper pointed out that the Woolworths team made an effort to provide relief for those who were struggling in the heat.

View attachment 14381
One shopper shared how her local Woolworths store offered free bottled water to customers on a scorching summer day. Credit: Facebook.

The simple and generous act of kindness didn’t go unnoticed, with many shoppers taking a moment to thank the staff for their kindness.

One user praised: ‘Well done to the management at that store! It’s the little things that people appreciate.’

A third chimed in: ‘Great gesture! Something I’m going to suggest to my local Woolies.’

Some shoppers confirmed that various Woolworths stores are offering the same services to their customers.

One person recalled: ‘Our local Woolies does it. I was quite impressed with the gesture, and appreciated it as I was going to buy one to drink while shopping after work being so hot.’

‘They do this in all Woolworths when it gets way too hot. It’s very kind of them,’ another claimed.

A third added: ‘They did this at Morayfield last weekend when it was ridiculously hot & humid. First time I'd ever seen it. Nice and icy cold too.’

‘We had the same in the Ashwood Woolies. I thanked the cashier. It was very hot yesterday and I did appreciate the cold water,’ another said.

Many others also vouched about Woolworths’ heartwarming charity work to help those in need.

An employee shared: ‘I’m proud to say that I work at Woolies and they do a lot for charities also.’

In fact, the retailer is said to donate fruit to schools located in low socioeconomic neighbourhoods.

‘Woolies is amazing. They supply my kid’s school with fruit for free every week. Majority of the kids come from less fortunate families,’ one mum said.

Another vouched, saying: ‘I work at a very low socioeconomic primary school and our local Woolies is donating a whole box of fruit a week to give out to kids for a fruit break time in the morning!’

‘Awesome! And I love the Free Fruit for Kids. It's saved me so many times when shopping with my babies,’ another mum wrote.

View attachment 14380
Many people praised the retailer for its ‘Free Fruit for Kids’ program. Credit: Facebook/Woolworths.

And while many were singing their praises to the retailer, some seem to be unimpressed with the move.

One person said: ‘If only stores would do this with the produce and even shelf-stable food they throw in the trash daily.’

It is understood that Woolworths does have arrangements in place to donate food that can no longer be sold, however, these are through organisations and not individual shoppers.

‘My local would NEVER do that! They don’t even grasp the concept of “free fruit for kids” and fill it with fruit which cannot be sold nor consumed!’ another angry customer said.

Key Takeaways

• A shopper shared a photo of a shopping cart placed outside her local Woolies, filled with bottles of water, on a hot summer day.
  • The simple and generous act of kindness didn't go unnoticed, with many shoppers taking a moment to thank the staff for their kindness during this difficult time.
  • Some shoppers confirmed that various Woolworths stores are offering the same services to their customers during hot days.
  • While many were singing their praises to the retailer, some seem to be unimpressed with the move, wanting Woolworths to do more for those struggling.

It doesn’t take a grand gesture to make a difference. Every one of us can make the world a better place by engaging in small, kind acts.

Doing a simple good deed can create a ripple effect of positivity, inspiring others to do the same.

While some may think this small gesture isn’t a good enough reason to give the store a pat on the back, we commend the retailer for going out of their way to help out their customers and give back to the community.

Do you have any heartwarming stories of acts of kindness that you'd love to share? We'd love to hear them in the comments!
A great gesture. They don't have to, but I bet some still complained

View attachment 14381

View attachment 14380

Key Takeaways

View attachment 14381

View attachment 14380

Key Takeaways

Our Woolworths did it last Saturday that I know of. I was getting my eyes checked and when I finished my son gave me a water bottle he got from Woolies. Told him he did not need to to as I carry water with me. He said it came from Woolies and it was cold, he had gone in for a milk drink while waiting for me. It was great to have as it was a 36C day.

View attachment 14381

View attachment 14380

Key Takeaways

We have a go at them when they do something we don't like.
So shouldn't we give them a pat on the back when they do something we like,
because doesn't everyone like a pat on the back in recognition of something good they have done.

Our local Woolies is great at the good gestures. During the pandemic they reserved and delivered a pallet of loo rolls to our retirement village. We still had to buy them but didn't have to join the scrum. They also donate an awful lot of stuff to the local meals on wheels for when they are preparing the meals, we sometimes have a donation of bread and baked goods to our village that we can help ourselves to. I haven't heard of the local Coles doing anything similar.