Why spend more? Get the same luxe scent with BIG W’s $14 designer dupe!

Luxury perfumes often carry hefty price tags, sometimes exceeding $500.

But beauty enthusiasts are well aware that impressive alternatives, known as dupes, can be found at a fraction of the cost.

Now, shoppers are loving a $14 perfume from BIG W that they claim offers the same luxurious scent as Maison Francis Kurkdjian’s coveted Baccarat Rouge 540–all without the eye-watering $729 price tag.

The scent, often described as ‘ethereal’, begins with opulent notes of jasmine and saffron, which then gently transition into a more woody combination of amber and cedar.

BIG W’s Red Baccara Eau De Perfume ($14) is available online, but shoppers may also find it in local stores.

Red Baccara vs Baccarat Rouge 540.jpg
BIG W's $14 Red Baccara Eau De Parfum (left) is acclaimed as an ideal replica of Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (right), a fragrance that can cost as much as $729. Image source: BIG W & Mecca

One social media user named Claudia was lucky to come across the affordable fragrance at her nearby store, where she described it as the ‘perfect perfume’ to keep in her car for a quick spritz while on the move.

‘It’s by Designer Brands at BIG W for $14. Highly recommended, it’s an EDP (Eau De Parfum), so it’s actually going to last on your skin,’ she said.

Claudia also mentioned that the store offers alternatives to well-known perfumes like Marc Jacobs Daisy, Chanel No.5, and Mademoiselle.

‘We love a good dupe,’ one person wrote to which Claudia replied: ‘I’m actually loving it. Wearing it every day since we got it last week!’

‘I got three for $30 on the Designer Brands website and they're the closest dupes ever,’ another said.

Claudia also noted that she found the perfume to have a long-lasting effect on her skin and mentioned using moisturiser and Vaseline to extend its longevity.

A social media user recorded a video at BIG W showing a $14 dupe of Baccarat Rouge 540. Video source: TikTok (@dessertaddictsanonymous)

Another social media user Ness said she had come across other videos on the platform discussing the $14 Baccarat dupe.

One user pointed out that the fragrance doesn't linger as long as the original but acknowledged that this was somewhat expected given the lower price.

‘I haven't tried the dupe but love the real one, but, $580. You can buy little samples of Baccarat for about $90. I love Le Labo too,’ another added.

Key Takeaways

• Fragrance enthusiasts are rushing to BIG W for a $14 perfume, the Red Baccara Eau De Parfum, which they believe closely resembles the designer brand, Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540, priced at $729.
  • BIG W’s perfume is sold out online, but it might be available in stores.
  • Social media user Claudia found the budget-friendly scent locally and praised its longevity.
  • She also mentioned that the store offers alternatives to popular perfumes like Marc Jacobs Daisy, Chanel No.5, and Mademoiselle.
  • While some say the cheaper perfume’s scent doesn’t last as long as the original, the overall opinion is positive, with one social media user noting that the scent and price difference was expected.
Members, how do you feel about BIG W’s $14 dupe? Are you open to buying a dupe at a reduced price, or do you prefer sticking with the original?

Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Ezzy and Catss84
Sponsored

But beauty enthusiasts are well aware that impressive alternatives, known as dupes, can be found at a fraction of the cost.

Now, shoppers are loving a $14 perfume from BIG W that they claim offers the same luxurious scent as Maison Francis Kurkdjian’s coveted Baccarat Rouge 540–all without the eye-watering $729 price tag.

The scent, often described as ‘ethereal’, begins with opulent notes of jasmine and saffron, which then gently transition into a more woody combination of amber and cedar.

BIG W’s Red Baccara Eau De Perfume ($14) is available online, but shoppers may also find it in local stores.

View attachment 32693
BIG W's $14 Red Baccara Eau De Parfum (left) is acclaimed as an ideal replica of Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (right), a fragrance that can cost as much as $729. Image source: BIG W & Mecca

One social media user named Claudia was lucky to come across the affordable fragrance at her nearby store, where she described it as the ‘perfect perfume’ to keep in her car for a quick spritz while on the move.

‘It’s by Designer Brands at BIG W for $14. Highly recommended, it’s an EDP (Eau De Parfum), so it’s actually going to last on your skin,’ she said.

Claudia also mentioned that the store offers alternatives to well-known perfumes like Marc Jacobs Daisy, Chanel No.5, and Mademoiselle.

‘We love a good dupe,’ one person wrote to which Claudia replied: ‘I’m actually loving it. Wearing it every day since we got it last week!’

‘I got three for $30 on the Designer Brands website and they're the closest dupes ever,’ another said.

Claudia also noted that she found the perfume to have a long-lasting effect on her skin and mentioned using moisturiser and Vaseline to extend its longevity.

A social media user recorded a video at BIG W showing a $14 dupe of Baccarat Rouge 540. Video source: TikTok (@dessertaddictsanonymous)

Another social media user Ness said she had come across other videos on the platform discussing the $14 Baccarat dupe.

One user pointed out that the fragrance doesn't linger as long as the original but acknowledged that this was somewhat expected given the lower price.

‘I haven't tried the dupe but love the real one, but, $580. You can buy little samples of Baccarat for about $90. I love Le Labo too,’ another added.

Key Takeaways

• Fragrance enthusiasts are rushing to BIG W for a $14 perfume, the Red Baccara Eau De Parfum, which they believe closely resembles the designer brand, Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540, priced at $729.
  • Social media user Claudia found the budget-friendly scent locally and praised its longevity.
  • She also mentioned that the store offers alternatives to popular perfumes like Marc Jacobs Daisy, Chanel No.5, and Mademoiselle.
  • While some say the cheaper perfume’s scent doesn’t last as long as the original, the overall opinion is positive, with one social media user noting that the scent and price difference was expected.
Members, how do you feel about BIG W’s $14 dupe? Are you open to buying a dupe at a reduced price, or do you prefer sticking with the original?

I am not “obsessed”!,,

Reactions: TheBear

View attachment 32693

Key Takeaways

I find soaking a cotton wool ball in perfume and putting it under the middle of your bra makes it last nearly all day!!

It's much easier and more convenient to purchase it straight from the Designer Brands, DB website. They have many dupes with regards to fragrance. Just clearing up it is NOT a Big W product but a DB cosmetics product.

I’ll stick to my favourite - Shalimar by Guerlain. Figure tbat if it has been around since about 1922 and doesn’t have an old lady perfume smell that it definitely has something going for it.

I find it rather strange that many importers of copies of famous brands ie bags, shoes, perfumes, clothing are being held up in customs, being prosecuted by law, yet big firms like Kmart etc. seem to get away with it. Shame on SDC for promoting illegal "dupes" of high priced products. After all there are copyright considerations.

View attachment 32693

Key Takeaways

I really don't know about dupes.I was always an Arpege girl.Mum, sister etc so I followed.Now,the chemist warehouse Arpege which is not a dupe and costs $49 as opposed to the $18 that it used to visit at DJ back in the 90s smells nothing like the original perfume at all,gives me a rash on my wrists and fragrance lasts for 5 minutes so gave up.This is the "real deal" so not giving me much confidence for big W dupes on any fragrance.Sorry.

Reactions: Vinylted
I really don't know about dupes.I was always an Arpege girl.Mum, sister etc so I followed.Now,the chemist warehouse Arpege which is not a dupe and costs $49 as opposed to the $18 that it used to visit at DJ back in the 90s smells nothing like the original perfume at all,gives me a rash on my wrists and fragrance lasts for 5 minutes so gave up.This is the "real deal" so not giving me much confidence for big W dupes on any fragrance.Sorry.
Sorry.typed $180 not $18🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Vinylted